WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuel Tanks

twitch

Reaction score
I am currently restoring a 25' v-drive. I have two 60 gallon fuel tanks on each side. I am looking for a somewhat affordable place to possibly cut them down to 40 gallons each and clean the inside... If anybody knows of anybody please let me know. thanks

little rowe boat

IAFF local 1067
Reaction score
Are they aluminum? If so wild bills welding in riverside, works on fuel tanks. Repaired mine last january.

78 Continental

Reaction score
Where are you located? I believe there was a post about new gas tanks that 2 companies that were mentioned could be able to do what you need.
IMCO in So Cal and Tank It in Havasu I think were the companies. 25' V-drive? Lets see some pics.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Unless you need the extra room, I'd keep them 60 gallon tanks. Some day you might want the extra range.

as for cleaning them, por15 makes a whole line of gas tank cleaners and sealers.( thier seal kits really do work, if you fallow the instructions)

twitch

Reaction score
im located in orange county. Thanks for the replies. i thought about imco but i know they can be pricey. just wondering if theres anyone else. i will post some pics soon we just got it painted by billy b. He did an awesome job! and yes they are aluminum. i thought a lot about the size and the range isn't much of a concern being that it will primarily be a river boat, opposed to it used to being a catalina ski racer.

Last edited:

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
Call Mac's Radiator in Bellflower.

And then call Brian at KSH in Havasu and ask him what it'll cost to have two brand new tanks built. He's building mine right now.

You may find that it's worth it to have two new aluminum tanks built. ;)

lebel409

Reaction score
If you can sport a Billy B paint job then a couple of Imcos will not hurt too bad.

I had a couple of tanks made...they fit awesome! $700.00 I'm sure others can do this work but Imco does great work at a fair price.

little rowe boat

IAFF local 1067
Reaction score
I priced out a new imco tank for my boat. Then I found this guy that works on aluminum tanks and it saved me $550.00
Wild bills welding in Riverside.

SuperDave013

Reaction score
In Orange County you need to see Jim Bandilin (spelled wrong I'm sure) @ Competitive Sheet Metal Inc in Santa Ana. The number is (714) 558-9455.

Jim is a super nice guy and runs the GN "Tin Man".

9er

Reaction score
Jim is a solid guy. Been around a long long time.
Ring him up and he'll take care of it.