WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fort Mohave Indian beaches

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Ever since covid started, Fort Mohave reservation restricted access to all beaches.

Now they have posted these signs up. Red permit only. Which means only reservation members can use.

That's a huge section of beachline that will be unusable. Pretty much from the end of the houses on dike road to bullhead on the AZ side unusable.

It's fucking bullshit. A lot of willow valley people are pissed off as well as surrounding areas as places to spend a day on the beach will be limited.

Doea anyone have better information? Anyone close with Fort Mohave leadership that can find out their plans?
FB_IMG_1592260903838.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Ever since covid started, Fort Mohave reservation restricted access to all beaches.

Now they have posted these signs up. Red permit only. Which means only reservation members can use.

That's a huge section of beachline that will be unusable. Pretty much from the end of the houses on dike road to bullhead on the AZ side unusable.

It's fucking bullshit. A lot of willow valley people are pissed off as well as surrounding areas as places to spend a day on the beach will be limited.

Doea anyone have better information? Anyone close with Fort Mohave leadership that can find out their plans? View attachment 888390

Just come to Needles....open beaches as far as the eye can see

tenor.gif

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Just come to Needles....open beaches as far as the eye can see

View attachment 888461
The thing that sucks is I bought property in Willow valley due to the sandy beaches being a 3 min drive. I don't always want to have to launch the boat to find a beach.

I liked the options is what I'm getting at.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The thing that sucks is I bought property in Willow valley due to the sandy beaches being a 3 min drive. I don't always want to have to launch the boat to find a beach.

I liked the options is what I'm getting at.

Hopefully they get back to normal, the Indians are really playing hardball on the River over Covid

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Hopefully they get back to normal, the Indians are really playing hardball on the River over Covid
Yah we will see! I understand they are watching out for their own due to having a smaller support network.

I been driving the truck down to the beaches by the rail road tracks on the ca side.

Backlash

Reaction score
The CRIT has been hit hard by this virus and the numbers are rapidly increasing among them. I'm sure they will keep things locked down for quite awhile.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
They didn’t change anything from what i heard, you’ve always needed a permit to be on those beaches. Just no one ever did. Hell they’ve had signs forever saying this.
its 100$ a year for 2 passes i believe.

D19

Reaction score
I just called Tribal Police. As usual they were very nice and helpful over the phone.

They will begin selling passes again tomorrow at 8AM in the animal shelter. A mask is mandatory to enter the building and they're only letting 2 people in a time.

$100 for a 5 person day pass, if you want a day/night pass it's a little more.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
They didn’t change anything from what i heard, you’ve always needed a permit to be on those beaches. Just no one ever did. Hell they’ve had signs forever saying this.
its 100$ a year for 2 passes i believe.
Nice, the rumors were flying that the passes were going to only be available to tribal members.

I buy a pass every year. I'm not that guy.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I just called Tribal Police. As usual they were very nice and helpful over the phone.

They will begin selling passes again tomorrow at 8AM in the animal shelter. A mask is mandatory to enter the building and they're only letting 2 people in a time.

Thanks!

crzy2bealive

Reaction score

Hopefully they remove the barriers on dike road so people can get through lol

D19

Reaction score
Thanks!

You're welcome. When all this started back in March/April a Tribal officer came down onto the beach and told my wife and I that their beaches are closed. He was nice. Even told us to finish our beers and asked me to drink a water before we left. Didn't rush and chase us out. I was told by him and again 2 weeks ago on the phone that when I see the Avi open to assume the beaches will be open shortly thereafter. Not sure where you heard the rumors.

A lot of people hate on Tribal and start rumors but every time I've dealt with them they have been super cool.

FYI if you go south of needles on AZ side there are a lot of really cool beaches that are free, never closed for covid and are really easy to get to.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
You're welcome. When all this started back in March/April a Tribal officer came down onto the beach and told my wife and I that their beaches are closed. He was nice. Even told us to finish our beers and asked me to drink a water before we left. Didn't rush and chase us out. I was told by him and again 2 weeks ago on the phone that when I see the Avi open to assume the beaches will be open shortly thereafter. Not sure where you heard the rumors.

A lot of people hate on Tribal and start rumors but every time I've dealt with them they have been super cool.

FYI if you go south of needles on AZ side there are a lot of really cool beaches that are free, never closed for covid and are really easy to get to.
🤫🤫🤫 those beaches have glass and rattle snakes all over them 😉

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I can tell ya there's a lot of nice sandy beaches between Jack Smith Park and I-40 that you can spend the day at with very little traffic.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I can tell ya there's a lot of nice sandy beaches between Jack Smith Park and I-40 that you can spend the day at with very little traffic.
That's where I started taking my truck. Along the tracks, ca side!

Just a 30 min drive from willow valley instead of a 3 to 5 min drive.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score

Not sure if you're on Facebook, but there is a willow valley community page. You'll see all the drama!

D19

Reaction score
Not sure if you're on Facebook, but there is a willow valley community page. You'll see all the drama!

I am a member but rarely look at the FB page. It’s usually full-timers hating on weekenders or free furniture posts.

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
I was there yesterday to purchase a annual pass, was told not at this time, day passes only and only 50 day passes will be sold a day

thmterry

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if they are giving a 2 month extension on last years annual passes?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Day pass meaning it’s good for one day? Or how long does it last?

D19

Reaction score
Day pass meaning it’s good for one day? Or how long does it last?

Day means you are allowed on beach until sunset. If you want to hang on the beaches at night you have to pay more. I want to say it's $100 for day annual pass and $150 day and nights annual.

I have never purchased a single day permit. I think they're like $5 or $10 per person. It's a pain. You have to show up with your ID and give them all your personal info. I can take up to an hour to get the pass. I'll just hang on other beaches until they start renewing annuals.

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
$5 a day, you can buy one for today and tomorrow only, must have ID (drivers lic) for everyone on permit
limit to 10 people in your party
I should've taken pics of the signs they had at the permit place, no overnight camping, no fishing permits
I was trying to buy annual pass, grabbed our Id's and walked out
And don't forget your mask, can't go in to buy permit without mask!
This was at the place on Dike road