WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

fkn ruskies

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
That’s awesome! Effin Ruskies

mobldj

Reaction score
ive seen the real chicago.walked out on them,they sucked.these guys are playing in la in jan.may go see them. more corroboration with the ruskies i say.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
They sound great but let's give credit where credit is due, and that's with the original, Chicago - the band that wrote these classics charts. If you were raised in the 70's and early 80's they certainly got a lot of air play. The sound that separated themselves from most bands at the time was their 3 piece horn section. Not to take anything away here because these guys sound great, but they are using 6 horns and 3 background singers on music that is not all that tough to cover. Pretty cool that they are doing it though and I would definitely check them out.

Last edited:

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
these guys are better than chicago,and the russian chick is hot as hell

Ksenia Buzina

russian.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
A good job covering the original. Thats the stuff I grew up listening to, being raised in a family surrounded by music. And yes, shes pretty.....for a blonde. ;)

HotRod82

Reaction score
So great to see a band these days playing charts with classic instruments. It's a shame how kids these days listen to an apple laptop "guitar solo" and think it is the same if not better than an actual guitar. Let alone the horn section....awesome.

"kids these days" lol, I'm really old I guess.

mobldj

Reaction score
i play september every single weekend,its just a great all age dance tune.i think this is actually better by the ruskies.what do you think.....

checkrd past

Reaction score
sorry guys but im there for the la gig,I dislike tribute type bands but these guys are better than Chicago

mobldj

Reaction score
buying my tickets tomorrow !

Backlash

Reaction score
Saying that a cover band is better than the band who created the original song is not always a true statement. Chicago was a great band with plenty of talent in their heyday. They, like everyone else, have aged and their abilities have been affected. That's just the way it is.

It's funny. We just got back from dinner and the restaurant we frequent plays a lot of 80's music. "Stay the Night" from Chicago 17 was playing tonight and it made me think of this thread.

mobldj

Reaction score
this old drummer is the shizzle