WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ever seen a Micro Mini Bike?

ltbaney1

Reaction score
My old man and I just finished building one for my daughter, i finally got to rip it around the street on sunday. I have 3 other mini bikes and this one by far is the most done up. we built sheet metal covers to keep her from getting in the chain or clutch and covers the straight pipe. we also set it up with a foot brake so she can work it. the motor is a 79cc predator from harbor freight, we have the governer on it set just high enough so the clutch locks up and it runs about 18MPH so we are regearing it so its a little more tame for a 2.5 year old. the training wheels come off with 1 cotter pin for when i want to rip around on it.
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG

aj923

Reaction score
That's awesome! My daughter is always asking for rides on the 50. Now I have to look into something like this!

Bear Down

Reaction score
GOODNESS...that looks great... I need to make sure to never show my daughter the picture of it....

I thought of making something for my daughter using a HF motor...NOTHING remotely close to that...Being too Mexican has its disadvantages..LOL

ltbaney1

Reaction score
LOL crystal ball sees calf going under training wheel.
yeah that image has ran through my head. we get a little rowdy on them, pic below is running mini bikes at Irwindale last year during the nitro revival. 2 of us got tore up pretty good that da., it gets kind of squirly at high speed and one of those wheels touches do
IMG_3108.JPG
wn it kind of wants to "hook". when the bike is straight up the training wheels are about 1/2" - 3/4" off the ground.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Never even heard of one!! That's bad ass!

RD

old rigger

Reaction score
My old man and I just finished building one for my daughter, i finally got to rip it around the street on sunday. I have 3 other mini bikes and this one by far is the most done up. we built sheet metal covers to keep her from getting in the chain or clutch and covers the straight pipe. we also set it up with a foot brake so she can work it. the motor is a 79cc predator from harbor freight, we have the governer on it set just high enough so the clutch locks up and it runs about 18MPH so we are regearing it so its a little more tame for a 2.5 year old. the training wheels come off with 1 cotter pin for when i want to rip around on it. View attachment 963546 View attachment 963547
Very cool little mini bike!
I remember when I was a kid and the mini bike fad took off, I never had one, but Hot Rod mag for a few short years always had coverage of the events and builders.
This isn't the pic I'm looking for, I was hoping to find it in the archive rather than search through all the 59-62 hot rod mags, but this is a cool micro too. The bike I remember is maybe even smaller with a grown man, or teenager, sitting on it. I'll find to tomorrow.

Maybe 10 years ago a group of guys started having mini bike races, like outlaw races, on city streets. One of the mags, maybe Hot Rod Deluxe, covered the events. Looked like fun.
802408scr_wm_15a931fa283bd16.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid and the mini bike fad took off, I never had one, but Hot Rod mag for a few short years always had coverage of the events and builders.
This isn't the pic I'm looking for, I was hoping to find it in the archive rather than search through all the 59-62 hot rod mags, but this is a cool micro too. The bike I remember is maybe even smaller with a grown man, or teenager, sitting on it. I'll find to tomorrow.

Maybe 10 years ago a group of guys started having mini bike races, like outlaw races, on city streets. One of the mags, maybe Hot Rod Deluxe, covered the events. Looked like fun.
View attachment 963780
This dude is insane. He’s got the crazy eyes.

77ADF0E0-A817-46ED-A5C3-44DC293AD39D.jpeg
94D30D40-DB6E-4E84-8D4F-EC188B34B5BB.jpg
59DAE74D-D66A-4815-8AFE-D8E0944F8121.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
take it down the compton and race it. they're all about the mini bikes right now.

4Waters

Reaction score
yeah that image has ran through my head. we get a little rowdy on them, pic below is running mini bikes at Irwindale last year during the nitro revival. 2 of us got tore up pretty good that da., it gets kind of squirly at high speed and one of those wheels touches do View attachment 963607 wn it kind of wants to "hook". when the bike is straight up the training wheels are about 1/2" - 3/4" off the ground.
Did you get time slips, what they run?

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Did you get time slips, what they run?
they did issue us time slips, i dont remember ET but i know my high speed was 33.5 on that bike with 6.5 HP predator, high speed from our group was 68.5 on a all aluminum alcohol motor from a JR dragster.

ltbaney1

Reaction score

View attachment 963780
heres a size comparason between a full size "taco" style bike and the micro.
IMG_4029.JPG