WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eastvale???

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Anyone here live there? My son is moving there this week. I always thought that area was called Corona. Good - bad????????

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Have a few friends that bought houses out there, none are happy about the area at this point. The houses are nice but the area got hit pretty hard with the meltdown, lots of repos and rentals mixed in with normal people pursuing the american dream. One of my friends has a big house directly across the street from them that has turned into a rental and is a swingers sex club once a week, its pretty funny watching all the weirdoes show up but my friends are trying to raise a family there and are not as amused as I am. Another buddy out there had one of the houses on his street raided by the cops, turns out it was a grow house tied into some asian crime ring. another friend complains about hearing umpa lumpa music all weekend from a house piled full of mexis. It looks very nice but some weird shit goes on out there. They all thought they knew what they wanted when they bought out there nice new neighborhoods, new schools, new shopping "center" but as it turn out its just a sea of stucco boxes next to a beaten path and they all want out as soon as they can jump they will. Its not a bad area just not going anywhere fast. It was a big deal for them when Target changed there hours and stayed open until 10:00 pm, there isn't really much out there, however the houses are cheap and some are pretty big.

C-2

Reaction score
Eastvale is it's own incorporated city now and lies West of the 15 fwy.

Jurupa Valley is now an incorporated city and lies from East of the 15, to the 60 freeway to the North...then along the 60 East to what was known as Rubidoux, and follows the Santa Ana River as the South border. It's pretty fawking big and swallowed up Mira Loma, Glen Avon, Rubdioux, and Indian Hills.

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
My buddy was the superintendent on many of those builds. He said they had to dig down 10 feet to hit soil. Was all cow poo, and a few pits with burried cows. Slammed those houses out to hit his bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone in 91724

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Have a few friends that bought houses out there, none are happy about the area at this point. The houses are nice but the area got hit pretty hard with the meltdown, lots of repos and rentals mixed in with normal people pursuing the american dream. One of my friends has a big house directly across the street from them that has turned into a rental and is a swingers sex club once a week, its pretty funny watching all the weirdoes show up but my friends are trying to raise a family there and are not as amused as I am. Another buddy out there had one of the houses on his street raided by the cops, turns out it was a grow house tied into some asian crime ring. another friend complains about hearing umpa lumpa music all weekend from a house piled full of mexis. It looks very nice but some weird shit goes on out there. They all thought they knew what they wanted when they bought out there nice new neighborhoods, new schools, new shopping "center" but as it turn out its just a sea of stucco boxes next to a beaten path and they all want out as soon as they can jump they will. Its not a bad area just not going anywhere fast. It was a big deal for them when Target changed there hours and stayed open until 10:00 pm, there isn't really much out there, however the houses are cheap and some are pretty big.

That's what I thought. He needed a place in between Irvine and Fontana and came up with there. We lived in Upland when he was growing up so he sorta knows the area. I was hoping he would have looked at Yorba Linda. I guess the good news is he isn't buying this place, just renting for a year. Hopefully by then he will be back on his feet after his divorce from hell and get something in a nicer area.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
this%20thread%20is%20worthless%20without%20pics.gif

C-2

Reaction score
We have some friends who live on an 11-Acre dairy farm/ranch that was supposed to be plowed over for development; but those plans have been on hold for the past 5 years and counting. They make a grip renting to all the Vaqueros and storing equipment, boarding horses etc. Good times over there :thumbsup

whiteworks

Reaction score
We have some friends who live on an 11-Acre dairy farm/ranch that was supposed to be plowed over for development; but those plans have been on hold for the past 5 years and counting. They make a grip renting to all the Vaqueros and storing equipment, boarding horses etc. Good times over there :thumbsup

There is development starting to happen again in west chino, my thoughts are it will eventually make its way back out to eastvale but may take sometime. The preserve is a sleeping giant, and going to be a massive undertaking over the next 20 years. a lot of planning and land acquisition is in the works or already happened and waiting for things to pick up again. land owners and developers with staying power are sitting tight or getting ready, when it goes next time its gonna be nuts down there.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Gramps,your boy could do alot worse than Eastvale.Some of the surrounding area is good,some not so much.
And,Yorba Linda:DFigure probably double or more prices easy.I have family there and grew up there.Not all but many have that snooty attitude Cali is famous for.Probably not as much in Eastvale.
Weather wise even though they are only a half hour apart have different micro climates,Eastvale will be warmer in summer,colder in winter.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i have lived in eastvale for the last 7 years. i like it. every city is gonna have the goods and the bads about it.

i have lived in southern california my whole life with the exception of 2 years in san jose. i've lived in long beach, lakewood, chino hills, ontario, and now eastvale. out of all the places i have lived, i enjoy eastvale the most.

everyone that i know that lives in this area enjoys it ... so take it for what its worth.

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
I've been in Eastvale for 4 years. It's been hit hard by the economy as has already been said. But all in all we actually like it. You get the cow smell from time to time, but we haven't had any crime issues (knock on wood) and our specific neighborhood hasn't been hit as hard as most with foreclosures. We do love all the new shopping centers, new places to eat are popping up, and location wise has been convenient for us for the things we like to do (besides commuting for work). Yorba Linda is obviously a nicer area, but realistically is double the cost. I've heard some of the same stories WW posted about, we've been lucky and our street is extremely family oriented. Babies everywhere, lots of people having themselves some "sexy time" making babies.

C-2

Reaction score
Keep in mind, in the 50's, Cerritos was called "Dairy Valley"; and look at that area today, it turned out fine (well, except for Artesia, lol).

Does make you wonder though, when a new area incorporates into a city, there's usually a rush to limit residential development.

It's pretty sad where I live in La Sierra, Riverside, the area has gone stagnant for commercial development. They tried and seized a bunch of land via Eminent Domain for redevelopment - but all the developers pulled out and now the land sits flat and empty. We only have 3 gas stations in our entire zip code.

If we want decent fast-food or a small chain restaurant - we have to drive over the hill to Norco or Eastvale.

whiteworks

Reaction score
On the brighter side of eastvale, they have tacos del rio:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
Back in the day it used to be called Wineville. If you want a really interesting read, Google it.:eek:

They even made a movie about it called "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie.

Some really scary and ugly shit went on in this house (Chicken coop murders) which is right over by Limonite and the 15.:eek::eek::eek: I snapped this picture last year.

Attachments

• 200745_10150130757869170_599004169_6346487_4985960_n.jpg
    200745_10150130757869170_599004169_6346487_4985960_n.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
How could you not know about Eastvale?????? If you haven't heard yet, IT IS THE JEWEL OF RIVERSIDE COUNTY!!! Well at least that is what my partners that live there think about the place. I'm just glad when they inncorrporated themselves they got stuck with Parolee Village.

The area is still growing just not nearly as fast as it was 5-6 years ago.

It's not crime free... in fact my friends came home to someone trying to break into their house last week. It happens everywhere.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Nice big newer homes.....lots of new/fresh resturants and shopping

It will always stink there when it rains or its super hot.

Had friends that had family that owned several hundred acres of land there until they sold in 2002-ish. The family had been there for a 100 years several homes on the property and a shit ton of dairy cows.

When they sold grandma bought everyone in the family a nice big house on the other side of the 15.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Nice big newer homes.....lots of new/fresh resturants and shopping

It will always stink there when it rains or its super hot.

Had friends that had family that owned several hundred acres of land there until they sold in 2002-ish. The family had been there for a 100 years several homes on the property and a shit ton of dairy cows.

When they sold grandma bought everyone in the family a nice big house on the other side of the 15.

every once in a blue moon i'll get the hint of manure ... but for the most part, we are completely used to it. doesnt bother us. people that aren't from the area show up and they first thing they usually always say is "damn, it smells like shit out here" lol

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
every once in a blue moon i'll get the hint of manure ... but for the most part, we are completely used to it. doesnt bother us. people that aren't from the area show up and they first thing they usually always say is "damn, it smells like shit out here" lol

Yeah its there, you're just used to it. I'm on the other side of the freeway from you and everytime go to my friends houses over there I say the same thing.:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

We have other friends that live over there too....

You guys are immune but I bet you have figured out that you shouldn't leave your car windows down over night unless you want your car to smell like shit..lol:D

C-2

Reaction score
Back in the day it used to be called Wineville. If you want a really interesting read, Google it.:eek:

They even made a movie about it called "Changeling".

Some really scary and ugly shit went on in this house which is right over by Limonite and the 15.:eek::eek::eek: I snapped this picture last year.

Holy shiat, never knew that. Thanks for the heads up, wild.

C-2

Reaction score
Well at least that is what my partners that live there think about the place. I'm just glad when they inncorrporated themselves they got stuck with Parolee Village.

Swan Lakes? :thumbsup

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score

My kid "mentioned" something about this...:D

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
thats impossible ... he was too drunk to even notice lol. by the way, paul was feeding him the beers ... not me :skull:cool::D

WTF! your garage your responsability...:drnkfr

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Lived in Eastvale for 7 years. At the time we bought here it was called Corona then we incorporated and became the city of Eastvale. I for one love the area. Sure it has its problems but show me a city that doesnt.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
thats impossible ... he was too drunk to even notice lol. by the way, paul was feeding him the beers ... not me :skull:cool::D

Well the good news is I only owe Paul beers, not the both of you...:D

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
you both can buy me a beer(s)

when the garage is open, that means the store is open for business :cool::D

except i probably owe Bill for all the food my son eats at his place all summer:blah:

i think it was last week sometime, each time mitchell came back over, he had a new bag of chips :eek::eek::D ... i swear i think he went through about 5 bags in about 30 minutes. can you imagine the amount of food he could plow through if he started smoking the herb lol? :D

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
Swan Lakes? :thumbsup

Thats funny!!! Actually Norco now, They bought it from Jurupa back in like 01' I was working next door at the riding stables when that place got raided.:thumbsup

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
One of my friends has a big house directly across the street from them that has turned into a rental and is a swingers sex club once a week, its pretty funny watching all the weirdoes show up......

So this is the reason you're not at Phil's as much? Better entertainment there? :D

PVHCA

Reaction score
So this is the reason you're not at Phil's as much? Better entertainment there? :D

I don't blame WW one bit if that's the case.

On a side note, I nearly fainted Wednesday when ole WW stopped by, I had my back turned and all of the sudden I hear a beer can open. Got so excited I went and cracked one for myself.:D

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but negative stuff...
Have 3 coworkers who wish they could get the hell out of there but are buried upside down in their houses

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Have 3 coworkers who wish they could get the hell out of there but are buried upside down in their houses

yeah ... only in eastvale are people upside down in their homes :rolleyes:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I don't blame WW one bit if that's the case.

On a side note, I nearly fainted Wednesday when ole WW stopped by, I had my back turned and all of the sudden I hear a beer can open. Got so excited I went and cracked one for myself.:D

:eek::eek::eek:

Good thing he didn't drive off in his Corvette afterwards!

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure those same co-workers would be upside down if they bought in almost any other city at the same time too. Eastvale has been hit hard, but their perception might be a little skewed.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Eastvale=Stinkyvale :skull

I think most peeps identify all of Corona with that area. There are some nicer areas of Corona. Just ask Pole Tickle. ;) Don't get me wrong, there are some super nice looking homes out there. And there are probably some nice blocks without issues. But I think the pricing and the area attracted a certain type of peeps. Ghetto fabulous. And it's stinky. :D

whiteworks

Reaction score
Eastvale is not a bad place, its just a newly developed area that got hit with the down turn that slowed the developement of ammenities. I am sure in time it will mature just fine. My freinds all drank the coolaide and had super high expectations of what the area would turn into quickly. I don't think you can go wrong buying out there right now a lot of bang for the buck to be had. The only real issue I see with the area is the lack of culture richness and personality, its just houses and stripmalls.

C-2

Reaction score
Eastvale is not a bad place, its just a newly developed area that got hit with the down turn that slowed the developement of ammenities. I am sure in time it will mature just fine. My freinds all drank the coolaide and had super high expectations of what the area would turn into quickly. I don't think you can go wrong buying out there right now a lot of bang for the buck to be had. The only real issue I see with the area is the lack of culture richness and personality, its just houses and stripmalls.

It's houses in the middle of pastures, why anybody expected anything else is beyond me. The only culture in the IE are cultivation labs. Hey, that's close enough :eek:

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score

In terms of what u get for price..... big homes/lots. Yup, good stuff. I could not handle the smell or the flys in Summer though.:thumbsdown

whiteworks

Reaction score
Oh idunno, lewis did a decent good job of creating an instant cultural center with victoria gardens. Has a sort of downtown feel, shops restraunts, plahouse ect. I think people expected a bit of that and what they got was a home depot and mcdonalds lol

whiteworks

Reaction score
Oh no you diiiiiiidnt! Had to bring up the flys lol

They are not going away any time soon:)

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Oh idunno, lewis did a decent good job of creating an instant cultural center with victoria gardens. Has a sort of downtown feel, shops restraunts, plahouse ect. I think people expected a bit of that and what they got was a home depot and mcdonalds lol

there are plans to build more ... when the economy was doing much better, they were building like crazy. if none of this had happened, the whole place would probably be done.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Oh no you diiiiiiidnt! Had to bring up the flys lol

They are not going away any time soon:)

LOL... Those damn things are beasts too. They must be of a different breed. U can't even set your damn drink down without one landing in .00001 millisecond from your hand leaving. Fuck that shit. :thumbsdown

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
there are plans to build more ... when the economy was doing much better, they were building like crazy. if none of this had happened, the whole place would probably be done.

Ellabo=Mayor of Stinkyvale. :skull;):D

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
You guys that live in Eastvale need to seriously rent the movie "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie. It's a true story about what happened in Eastvale (Wineville back then) back in the 20's. Some sick dude killed about 20 young boys, chopped them up and burried them right over on Wineville Rd. The house is still there today. I posted a picture of it in post #14

Wineville Chicken Coop Murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
You guys that live in Eastvale need to seriously rent the movie "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie. It's a true story about what happened in Eastvale (Wineville back then) back in the 20's. Some sick dude killed about 20 young boys, chopped them up and burried them right over on Wineville Rd. The house is still there today. I posted a picture of it in post #14

Wineville Chicken Coop Murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, I didn't know that. Poo smell, flys, and maybe ghosts of tortured souls too? No thanks. :D

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
Eastvale is a ghetto. Drive by any of the schools there, go into a grocery store or try the Buffalo Wild Wings during any "big game" and see for yourself. That place looks like Compton only with newer homes.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Eastvale is a ghetto. Drive by any of the schools there, go into a grocery store or try the Buffalo Wild Wings during any "big game" and see for yourself. That place looks like Compton only with newer homes.

LOL. Just like many of the newer developments in the IE.

I'd rather go to Corona for the price. The property taxes in Eastvale are crap. It's in the middle of no where, it stinks of cow shit and its windy as fuck all the time there.