WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Don't believe this to be a VIN --- Plane Crash last night in La Jolla.

Taboma

Reaction score
Plane Crash La Jolla.jpg

Plane Crash La Jolla Story .jpg

Here's a fox new link if you're interested.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Here is what I don’t understand, the weather was nasty as hell last night.... so why would anyone go flying on a small plane like that. These type of accidents always amaze me. These pilots don’t seem to know “ risk assessment “ .

Sandlord

Reaction score
Here is what I don’t understand, the weather was nasty as hell last night.... so why would anyone go flying on a small plane like that. These type of accidents always amaze me. These pilots don’t seem to know “ risk assessment “ .
Perhaps because the life insurance company wont pay out to the family if it looks like a suicide?

Taboma

Reaction score
Perhaps because the life insurance company wont pay out to the family if it looks like a suicide?
Kind of a risky way to do it, as he came close to wiping out a lot of innocents living in the Condo Complex. Thankfully he crashed into the trees, missing the buildings.

Took off from Murrieta, short flight but arrives low on fuel by the time he arrived in the SD area, re-directed to nearby Montgomery Field, gets lost or disoriented and crashes. Hard to imagine how he envisioned his night would play out.

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
The flight originated in Concord (northern Ca.) No stop in Murrieta shown.
Plane has about 4hrs of fuel on board and he was in the air just about that long.

Also from "liveatc"

7:45.. fly hdg 250
8:50 ...cleared for the ILS 28R
11:24... change to advisory
12:11 ... Advise N1400 he's south of course
16:30 ... I'm going missed
17:00 ... I'm low on fuel
17:20... climb immediately
18:20 ... vectors
18:40 ... need an emergency landing
19:17 ... yes, I'm completely out of fuel. Controller trys to vector him.

Sad for sure, pilot supposedly had quite a bit of experience.

Taboma

Reaction score
Plane has about 4hrs of fuel on board and he was in the air just about that long.

Also from "liveatc"

Surely you can't doubt Fox News ??? 🤔 😁 I see in a newer update on another paper that was corrected.

I am curious about the times listed, would seem to indicate he flew for another 2 hours after reporting low on fuel ?? What's up with the times shown ?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So close to big roads and open space by Torrey Pines glider port & golf course or even the beach. I can only imagine the weather had some affect😔🥺

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
How bad was the weather for the people in that complex to not hear a plane crash into those trees?

Sad deal. As pointed out, not what he or anyone thought the night would bring 😔

Cobalt232

Reaction score
The weather deteriorated rapidly last night. He went missed at F70. IMC, dark, ran through his reserve fuel... Dang.

Taboma

Reaction score
The weather deteriorated rapidly last night. He went missed at F70. IMC, dark, ran through his reserve fuel... Dang.
In as much as I admit to not being savy of your cool pilot lingo, other than running through his reserve fuel, I can say that inland of there, I couldn't see across the street at 8:30 PM from the fog or low cloud cover, and it was still raining.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
In as much as I admit to not being savy of your cool pilot lingo, other than running through his reserve fuel, I can say that inland of there, I couldn't see across the street at 8:30 PM from the fog or low cloud cover, and it was still raining.

Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

He said the pilot performed an instrument approach to the French Valley airport, but couldn't make it in so he went around. He was still in the clouds, it was dark and he ran out of fuel and crashed... Golly.

Taboma

Reaction score
Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

He said the pilot performed an instrument approach to the French Valley airport, but couldn't make it in so he went around. He was still in the clouds, it was dark and he ran out of fuel and crashed... Golly.
He went around and ended up in La Jolla where he then ran out of fuel and crashed, bummer either way, just happy he didn't take out others with him.

Orange Juice

Reaction score

Also from "liveatc"

I bet he caught a nice tailwind on the trip down, but as he approached the LA area, all that changed.

Don't understand him declaring a low fuel emergency, and then running out 2 hours later?

rrrr

Reaction score
It was a Cessna P210. For the non-pilots, that's a pressurized and almost always a capable IFR aircraft with updated avionics. I've seen indications the line of flight had 50+ MPH headwinds, which eats fuel. I recall seeing 20 GPH fuel flow at 195 kts true airspeed when I was flying one.

The airplane looks to be pretty much intact, when I first saw a photo I was hoping the impact was survivable. That's the second fatal related to F70 and bad weather in the last few months, the prior being the bizjet crash that killed six.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I believe this is the pilot
Impressive resume and IFR rated. Should be noted I know nothing about being a pilot other than what I watch on YouTube. The flight threads here got me down a rabbit hole and my wife is convinced I'm going to end up at flight school. If I can find the time, I probably will.