WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dolphins and Chiefs Game

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Another reason to quit watching the NFL.
MLB playoffs will be next.

Wife mentioned we have 8 free streaming services and one pay plenty to watch we don’t need anymore.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This is beyond stupid...

Screenshot_20240112_080034_Google.jpg

👎👎

TimeBandit

Reaction score
If you start a free 2 week trial on the grocery delivery service "instacart +" you get peacock for free so sign up get some s*** delivered and cancel.

Or just not watch the game I'm not a huge Chiefs fan anyway but playoff games are usually top notch.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If you start a free 2 week trial on the grocery delivery service "instacart +" you get peacock for free so sign up get some s*** delivered and cancel.

Or just not watch the game I'm not a huge Chiefs fan anyway but playoff games are usually top notch.

Yep. These games are always the best.

But I'll be voting with my wallet on this one. ,👎

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
It’s a good thing that I live in SoFlo………

For us, we get to watch the game on NBC.

I plan on sipping hot cocoa while I watch the game! lol

sirbob

Reaction score

Option #2 seems like the way to go…

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I don't know why anybody would pay for Peacock to get one commercial filled game and then never use the service again. Can't quite figure what the NFL is thinking.
Nfl got paid $110 million for peacock to stream that one game. plus they still get commercial revenue.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
It’s a good thing that I live in SoFlo………

For us, we get to watch the game on NBC.

I plan on sipping hot cocoa while I watch the game! lol

That means the RDP magic box might work I just have to find a feed..

NBC will air the game in Kansas City and Miami.

Last edited:

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
-21 wind chill forecast for the game in an open outdoor stadium 🥶🥶🥶

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
-21 wind chill forecast for the game in an open outdoor stadium 🥶🥶🥶

Lol...

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I paid $29.99 for it this time last year just to watch Supercross. Now it jumped to $59.99 so thankfully my son takes high school through college. $1.99 a month for 12 months for students.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Some of you guys might want to consider going to a Sports Bar to see the game. You won’t have to subscribe to Peacock.

The above was my plan, until I found out it was being broadcast locally in SoFlo. Now I want to watch it at home so I can pause my tv, in order to further capture the misery of the cold weather. I am hoping for a lot of fumbles! Lol

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I watched a game on Peacock this weekend, and the colors/definition was horrible, I thought it was the connection or something but i changed it something else and it was fine...I had watched Supercross and it was fine....but for whatever reason the football game was bad...

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Ummm don't any of y'all watch Supercross?
I watched the first one on USA. Last year it seems I was always able to watch it somewhere other than Peacock, not sure about this year.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Sadly I believe this is the future. Streaming puts more money in everyone's pockets except the consumer. Now the network will make money directly from the consumer and the advertisers. Directv and other cable providers days are numbered. My guess is the NFL will be exclusively on streaming services next season.

OC Mike

Reaction score
Sadly I believe this is the future. Streaming puts more money in everyone's pockets except the consumer. Now the network will make money directly from the consumer and the advertisers. Directv and other cable providers days are numbered. My guess is the NFL will be exclusively on streaming services next season.
Then I'll watch even less than I do now...

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Some of you guys might want to consider going to a Sports Bar to see the game. You won’t have to subscribe to Peacock.

The above was my plan, until I found out it was being broadcast locally in SoFlo. Now I want to watch it at home so I can pause my tv, in order to further capture the misery of the cold weather. I am hoping for a lot of fumbles! Lol
i wonder how many bars will sign up sounds like its minimum of $20k for commercial use

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
i wonder how many bars will sign up sounds like its minimum of $20k for commercial use
Not sure if Chilis or Islands has Peacock but both showed all the Thursday Night Football games on Amazon this year. 🤷🤔

Badchoices03

Reaction score
We "cut the cable" from DirecTv a while ago, but with the shows I like, my wife likes, and my son likes...we are getting right back up there with all the different streaming services we need to make it happen..

77charger

Reaction score
Don’t care enough for the game to get peacock. This is an nbc move to push their lane channel.

They will sell advertising whether is peacock or network instead they spent 110mil extra that could have been profit.

Singleton

Reaction score
I would have it on while cooking dinner Saturday night just to see how cold it is.
Only KC and Miami network areas will watch on NBC, everyone else is stuck steaming.
I tried to say that was socially and economically segregating the population, but Peacock would not budge on a free subscription. The trail is not free. You need a cc to get it.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My grandson turned me on to this app. All nfl games free. Works great! Where did he get it? His school football coach 😀
IMG_3320.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

infield

Reaction score
I may be wrong but with the other games this season that aired on Peacock, as soon as the game was over it was re aired on the NFL network almost immediately. So I think I will just wait and watch it there. I want to see how the cold effects the game. I live in Kansas down near Wichita. The NFL network website has a schedule and it is listed as starting at II pm central time (the rebroadcast).

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Not signing up for Peacock, NBC can eat a dick. You watch, all the peacock commercials will be about the Paris summer Olympics, also conveniently on the same streaming service.

They are just setting the hook. Don’t be a sucker and vote with your wallet. Down with NBC.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
This was in my local paper this morning……..

IMG_1959.jpeg