WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Does a rooster booster ever add performance?

earlbrown

Reaction score
I went through my JG and left the rooster booster off.

I've noticed with the place diverter all the way up all it does is make the steering harder but the tail doesn't get any taller. My thinking was just to get rid of it and have two less bends in the water.

The nozzle's a little closer to the boat now but other than that I can't really think of any big difference.

Nordie

Reaction score
a rooster booster is all the name means it does...with a roost all the way up you will never see the best performance, seems like all that does is dig the transom...the best way to get performance is to run the boat hard, and adjust the place diverter, you will feel the boat free up, and that's where your boat is the happiest...all the roost is for is looks really! with the diverter all the way up, and you feel like the steering gets harder might be another issue with binding!

earlbrown

Reaction score
No binding it's just with the diverter and the booster the angle is so great it want's to blow the nozzle straight.

I think I worded my question poorly. I know the boat slows down with a rooster tail. I'm just wondering if anybody has benefited from the booster being in place with the diverted set at optimum.

I wished I had some snoots and/or droops to experiment with.

ultrajet

Reaction score
No binding it's just with the diverter and the booster the angle is so great it want's to blow the nozzle straight.

I think I worded my question poorly. I know the boat slows down with a rooster tail. I'm just wondering if anybody has benefited from the booster being in place with the diverted set at optimum.

I wished I had some snoots and/or droops to experiment with.

I used the rooster booster for a while and besides throwing the extra roost the boat porpoised like hell. I put on a droop and not only gained in mph but roost was just as good.