WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm What you should know as an RDP'er (Where to go / What to do)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
attachment.php

Thursday at the Street fair we will have our usual booth right next to Mad Dogs. This year RDP hired a band "LittleTown" and we have worked with Mad Dogs to get an extension of premises, so RDP will have the first ever BEER GARDEN ON THE STREET aka "RiverDave's Beer Garden" The band will fire up around 5-6 pm and go until the street party ends. At 6:00 pm I will have a small announcement to make for those wearing an RDP Shirt / Hat. (Not rocket science to figure out here.. Beer Garden, RDP shirt? Band about to start.. Of course we will be buying some rounds). I'm also going to talk to someone about getting an Aerial Photo of the Beer Garden / RDP'ers etc.. That I think would make a cool Garage Poster.

This year I was unfortunately not able to pull off the Houseboat. It was just too late in the game and too short notice to go pop another 7K for good times. I do have an alternative though to the houseboat that I wanted to run by your guys and see what you thought.

If you want to go watch the Poker Run and the Shoot Out, but don't want to deal with driving, or don't have a boat. Jim Nichols is chartering the Pirates Cove party yacht. You can buy tickets and the yacht will take you out to watch the Poker Run, and it will be anchored up during the shoot out. They will have free finger foods on both levels, you get an event t-shirt, and they have a Cash Bar on board. It's 75.00 for one day, or 125.00 for both days

Yacht-Charter1.jpg

I haven't decided if we (Stacy, myself, Billdo and Christen) are going to do it for the Poker Run and the shoot out, or if we are going to take my 21 down to the raft up, and then just do the shoot out. Let me know if anyone else is down to go party on the yacht.. If there's a group of us we will do it for both days.

http://www.shop.lakeracerllc.com/VI...830AB707730DB0CA06A65F80A527A0.m1plqscsfapp01

FRIDAY & SATURDAY Desert Storm, Lake Racer is trying to keep the street theme going by moving the location of all the activities from the Nautical down to the Island. Down at the entrance to the channel on the Island there is a Stage (near the dog park) and Jim will be having Bands, beer gardens, vendors down there. He is also roping off an area that will fit approximately 100 boats, and the boats that ran in Desert Storm will have a little flag they can display and beach in front of that whole program so people can get a chance to see the hardware up close and personal again. Bonus round is if you have one of those flags you are more then welcome to drink your beers on your boat, and party with friends and so on. Hours will be from around 12:00 until about 10:00 PM.

SATURDAY NIGHT DESERT STORM UNDERGROUND AFTERPARTY - The Afterparty is on again for 2015!!

THIS YEARS AFTER PARTY WILL BE IN THE BANQUET ROOM UNDERNEATH SHUGRUES RESTAURANT!

The party will be starting around sundown for the RDP'ers and I would expect most of the Desert Storm participants and sponsors will show up after awards around 8-9-10 depending on how long it goes for this year on the Island. With all of the Desert Storm activities being located on the Island this year we are expecting an "over flow" of people and I would imagine we will hit capacity by 9 or 10 o clock. Because of the amount of people expected to show, NO WRISTBAND NO ENTRY. You can get the wristbands at the RDP booth at the street fair, or if you are a participant in Desert Storm, they will be included in your grab bag.

I'd like to take a second to thank the Advertisers that not only support the After Party, but flat told me "YOU ARE DOING IT" When I was waffling on it earlier this year.

Boat MFG's

Nordic Boats - www.nordicboatsusa.com
DCB - www.http://dcbperformanceboats.com/
Custom Schiada Boats - http://www.schiada.com/

Engine & Rigging Mfg's
Teague Custom Marine - www.teaguecustommarine.com

Service shops
Barrett Custom Marine - www.barrettcustommarine.com

Boat Dealer
Maxed Out Marine - www.maxedoutmarine.com

Insurance
Wozencraft Insurance - www.wozencraftinsurance.com

Oil Distribution (Lucas)
Sinthetix - www.mysinthetix.com

Printing Materials (Banners, biz cards, flyers)
Outlaw Printing - www.outlawprinting.com (website will be up in a week) Jeff Murray - 909-285-7486

8691145856_5614ac8ce6_h.jpg

p852225491-6.jpg

Other then that, we will be doing the usual late night gatherings at my place throughout the weekend on pretty much every night except saturday night (Because the after party doesn't end until about 2:00 am).

Looking forward to seeing everybody again this year!!

RD

Andy B.

Reaction score
attachment.php

Thursday at the Street fair we will have our usual booth right next to Mad Dogs. This year RDP hired a band "LittleTown" and we have worked with Mad Dogs to get an extension of premises, so RDP will have the first ever Beer Garden ON THE STREET. The band will fire up around 5-6 pm and go until the street party ends. At 6:00 pm I will have a small announcement to make for those wearing an RDP Shirt / Hat. (Not rocket science to figure out here.. Beer Garden, RDP shirt? Band about to start.. Of course we will be buying some rounds). I'm also going to talk to someone about getting an Aerial Photo of the Beer Garden / RDP'ers etc.. That I think would make a cool Garage Poster.

This year I was unfortunately not able to pull off the Houseboat. It was just too late in the game and too short notice to go pop another 7K for good times. I do have an alternative though to the houseboat that I wanted to run by your guys and see what you thought. If you want to go watch the Poker Run and the Shoot Out, but don't want to deal with driving, or don't have a boat. Jim Nichols is chartering the Pirates Cove party yacht. You can buy tickets and the yacht will take you out to watch the Poker Run, and it will be anchored up during the shoot out. They will have free finger foods on both levels, you get an event t-shirt, and they have a Cash Bar on board.

View attachment 397134

I haven't decided if we (Stacy, myself, Billdo and Christen) are going to do it for the Poker Run and the shoot out, or if we are going to take my 21 down to the raft up, and then just do the shoot out. Let me know if anyone else is down to go party on the yacht.. If there's a group of us we will do it for both days.

http://www.shop.lakeracerllc.com/VI...830AB707730DB0CA06A65F80A527A0.m1plqscsfapp01

Friday & Saturday Desert Storm, Lake Racer is trying to keep the street theme going by moving the location of all the activities from the Nautical down to the Island. Down at the entrance to the channel on the Island there is a Stage (near the dog park) and Jim will be having Bands, beer gardens, vendors down there. He is also roping off an area that will fit approximately 100 boats, and the boats that ran in Desert Storm will have a little flag they can display and beach in front of that whole program so people can get a chance to see the hardware up close and personal again. Bonus round is if you have one of those flags you are more then welcome to drink your beers on your boat, and party with friends and so on.

SATURDAY NIGHT DESERT STORM UNDERGROUND AFTERPARTY - The Afterparty is on again for 2015!! The party will be starting around sundown for the RDP'ers and I would expect most of the Desert Storm participants and sponsors will show up after awards. With all of the Desert Storm activities being located on the Island this year we are expecting an "over flow" of people and I would imagine we will hit capacity by 9 or 10 o clock. Because of the amount of people expected to show, NO WRISTBAND NO ENTRY. You can get the wristbands at the RDP booth at the street fair, or if you are a participant in Desert Storm, they will be included in your grab bag.

I'd like to take a second to thank the Advertisers that not only support the After Party, but flat told me "YOU ARE DOING IT" When I was waffling on it earlier this year.

Boat MFG's

Nordic Boats - www.nordicboatsusa.com
DCB - www.http://dcbperformanceboats.com/
Custom Schiada Boats - http://www.schiada.com/

Engine & Rigging Mfg's
Teague Custom Marine - www.teaguecustommarine.com

Service shops
Barrett Custom Marine - www.barrettcustommarine.com

Boat Dealer
Maxed Out Marine - www.maxedoutmarine.com

Insurance
Wozencraft Insurance - www.wozencraftinsurance.com

Oil Distribution (Lucas)
Sinthetix - www.mysinthetix.com

Printing Materials (Banners, biz cards, flyers)
Outlaw Printing - www.outlawprinting.com (website will be up in a week) Jeff Murray - 909-285-7486

8691145856_5614ac8ce6_h.jpg

p852225491-6.jpg

Other then that, we will be doing the usual late night gatherings at my place throughout the weekend on pretty much every night except saturday night (Because the after party doesn't end until about 2:00 am).

Looking forward to seeing everybody again this year!!

RD
Bringing a group down Saturday morning the yacht sound fun I don't want to drag my boat down for just one day. Can't make it to the street fair (work) can we buy wristbands somewhere Saturday morning?:thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On two side notes, If your company wants to be a sponsor for the After Party there are still a couple slots open. The big Banner is getting designed this week, so just shoot me a PM or give me a call and let me know!

Second site not, people have been asking me to make RiverDavesPlace.com Banners for garages for years. The beer Garden will be fenced in.. This year I am running a bunch of banners that will be on those fences on the front, and on the inside of the fences of the Beer Garden itself. Those banners will be for sale at the Street Fair itself, and there will be several designs. The ones I design will go for about 100.00. If you are already pregamed and want in on a banner, but want it custom with your boat on it, and RDP logo's etc.. Then hit me up now 949-678-8369. I'll need a pic of your boat, and then I'll get a Custom Banner designed for you with your boat, or pic on it for your garage. Standard dimensions will be large 10' x 3'. That will cost 150.00 done, and I will cut it down for you once it gets dark at the street fair.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bringing a group down Saturday morning the yacht sound fun I don't want to drag my boat down for just one day. Can't make it to the street fair (work) can we buy wristbands somewhere Saturday morning?:thumbup:

wristbands are free Andy.. You have my cell #. Just hook give me a call and we'll hook up somewhere and get you some wristbands.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I'm liking the yacht idea. :thumbup:

I have a plethora of sneak-a-flasks...lol:drink

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm liking the yacht idea. :thumbup:

I have a plethora of sneak-a-flasks...lol:drink

I just don't want to miss the RDP Raft up.. That and I want to be as far south as possible this year (close to CS1).. Can't say why.. :D

RD

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The only issue with the yacht is you're on their time. If you bring your own boat you can leave whenever you want.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sounds like a good time.

I'm going this year for sure. Not sure if my boat will be ready but i'm hoping we will be at the street party and launching for the raft up.

I'm bringing my son and he will cruise with me during the street party and out on the water but it might be nice if stacy could recommend someone she trusted for a sitter at night.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
I cant wait! I just hope my friends magic deck is out of TCM in time. I think he is getting a full rebuild on the 500 thats under the hatch.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The only issue with the yacht is you're on their time. If you bring your own boat you can leave whenever you want.

At the shootout they have boats running back and forth so you can come and go.

Sounds like a good time.

I'm going this year for sure. Not sure if my boat will be ready but i'm hoping we will be at the street party and launching for the raft up.

I'm bringing my son and he will cruise with me during the street party and out on the water but it might be nice if stacy could recommend someone she trusted for a sitter at night.

She has 2 that she likes in Havasu.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I'm happy to be not missing it this year. It is going to be a great time!!

Thanks Dave for all you do for our good times!!

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Definitely gonna be a blast.

Dave, is the party going to be in the same location? Good idea on the no wristband, no entry dealio. [emoji106]

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time.

Looking forward to seeing you Brandin [emoji3] [emoji106]

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on going but now I'm contemplating rolling out by myself now. Won't know till it's closer though

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on going but now I'm contemplating rolling out by myself now. Won't know till it's closer though
Cruise out bud, I'd like to hang out with you and throw back a couple of beers. [emoji106] [emoji481]

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Cruise out bud, I'd like to hang out with you and throw back a couple of beers. [emoji106] [emoji481]

I'm gonna try if I can. Been so busy it's tough to get away right now. I really need to go out and pick up my boat too.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You guys all have fun, I will most likely be at home with a one week old baby enjoying sleepless nights and diaper changing again for the first time in 3 years!! I will NOT miss it next year.

Be safe my friends!!

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Atta Boy, Dave! Super stoked. Gonna be a fantastic weekend, as usual, although I have a feeling this year might be EVEN BETTER! :thumbup::thumbup:

Aaron

Reaction score
We will be out there this year. At the street party for sure. This is our first time. I usually have a work convention this week and have had to do that for the last 8 years so I am really looking forward. I will introduce myself at the street party.
thanks for putting on the booth and party

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We will be out there this year. At the street party for sure. This is our first time. I usually have a work convention this week and have had to do that for the last 8 years so I am really looking forward. I will introduce myself at the street party.
thanks for putting on the booth and party

The booth is a $$ maker for us in T-shirt sales. The after party is a lot of work, but it's a ton of fun as well.. :)

RD

Andy01

Reaction score
Looking forward to the entire week! My favorite Havasu week every year. :thumbup:

gqchris

Reaction score
Just some info on that charter boat, Dave. My buddy had one of those 50' Bluewaters for years out here in Long Beach. Many of times partying on it, but not room for even maybe 25 peeps? Especially in the lower deck, depending on how its setup. Lots of staterooms. Maybe they gutted the bottom level though and removed the living areas? Would make sense. Great boat though and the top deck was a blast. I have some pics partying with SCOPE guys years ago off the Queen Mary fantail. Most are NSFW or here though! LOL

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
I am super stocked about going to DS for the first time. Thanks for the info RD. I will see you at your booth on Thursday. I need to add a RDP hat to my hat collection. We are camping in the RV at cattail so you can count on us being at the raft up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just some info on that charter boat, Dave. My buddy had one of those 50' Bluewaters for years out here in Long Beach. Many of times partying on it, but not room for even maybe 25 peeps? Especially in the lower deck, depending on how its setup. Lots of staterooms. Maybe they gutted the bottom level though and removed the living areas? Would make sense. Great boat though and the top deck was a blast. I have some pics partying with SCOPE guys years ago off the Queen Mary fantail. Most are NSFW or here though! LOL

Whole boat had been gutted and redone all Tommy Bahama style from what I was told. They claim it holds 40 comfortably. I haven't seen it yet but was planning a trip
To pirates next week to check it out.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:AFTERPARTY:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Looking forward to the good times. :thumbup:

TexasJet

Reaction score
Last years raftup was really cool but the afterparty was "THE EVENT" not to miss!!!

Attachments

• R.D.PARTY.jpg
    R.D.PARTY.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 56

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The booth is a $$ maker for us in T-shirt sales. The after party is a lot of work, but it's a ton of fun as well.. :)

RD

The after party is a non moneymaker for me. But if I'm gonna drop some $$ on DS might as well be for a party. [emoji106]

2Driver

Reaction score
Stupid question of the day here:

So if we have guests in, I assume it would not be the time to go up the gorge on that Saturday?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Stupid question of the day here:

So if we have guests in, I assume it would not be the time to go up the gorge on that Saturday?

It is not bad. Most of the big boats are hanging at the speed run. I think that weekend is far safer than other summer ones.

fstlayn

Reaction score
Looking forward to the entire week! My favorite Havasu week every year. :thumbup:

I couldn't agree more!! This is the one event I look forward to every year! We have only missed one year since the start.

This year we are making a point to join the raft up and meet some RDP folks. In the past we were usually too timid. [emoji16]

Spot

Reaction score

Your a crossfitter now brooo. Swim back.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Last years raftup was really cool but the afterparty was "THE EVENT" not to miss!!!

Uhhh.. How the hell did the kids get in there? That deal is 21 and over. LOL

The after party is a non moneymaker for me. But if I'm gonna drop some $$ on DS might as well be for a party. [emoji106]

It all works out.

RD

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Ya. You're a real dick when your sober in Havasu. :D

That's because between you and WMC, I was gonna kill myself that first night at Dave's house. You guys were too touchy feely and shit!! :gayfight:D

Hammer

Reaction score
That's because between you and WMC, I was gonna kill myself that first night at Dave's house. You guys were too touchy feely and shit!! :gayfight:D

Hey, better than someone's better half! :D

Ace

Reaction score
Again, the best week in Havasu!!! We will stop by
The booth on Thursday and say hello. Looking forward
To meeting some of you motor boating SOB's.

TexasJet

Reaction score
Uhhh.. How the hell did the kids get in there? That deal is 21 and over. LOL

It all works out.

RD

If it helps, they didn't drink any adult beverages. They did say it was the best party they had ever been to. This year they will both be 16. Again, no adult beverages.

Liquid Life

Reaction score
Does a forum lurker and a junior member with about 26 posts qualify for a wristband/entry?