WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Death Penalty.....For or Against?...

Death Penalty...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djhartley2003

Reaction score
All for it and it should be a single gun shot to the back of the head. He sure didn't worry about how humane it was to kill 2 young women. I don't care if it is a deterrent or not, at least you don't have to worry about him killing any one else. We also no longer have to house or feed him any more. I love how these guys on death row come up with all these reasons why they shouldn't die. I wonder if he gave the girls that he killed any appeals, or if he just brutally murdered them.

R

Retired Member

I voted "For", but I was torn because....

aRDy SUX!

MoVal Tim

Reaction score
ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY FOR IT!!:thumbsup

And I agree with DJH!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Depends...

Intended for me...Against.

I'm just saying should the need arise. :eek:

:p

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
Murderers should be killed in the same fashion as their victims. Family members of the victims should have the option of dishing out the punishment. IMHO.

djhartley2003

Reaction score
Murderers should be killed in the same fashion as their victims. Family members of the victims should have the option of dishing out the punishment. IMHO.

I am all for the death penalty and I think it should be used more often for the crimes that fit but I don't know if I agree with this because I think that you would have family members that would opt to do and then not be able to live with it. Good people should not have to carry something like that with them. That would be my only concern. But like i sad I agree with the death penalty 100%.

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
I worked death penalty and LWOP (life w/out parole) cases for San Bernardino County and observed first hand just how fucked up our system really is.

The Appellate system is abused with EVERY defendant. Because it's a DP or LWOP case, the appeals are mandatory. Unfortunately more money is spent trying these cases rather than incarcerating the Defendant for life.

Thugs are thugs. I dont think the DP is a deterrent, however I have obtained statements from Defendants who are freaked the fuck out when it's their 2nd felony and they're fully aware of the 3rd strike laws. The threat of the "Third Strike" has been effective.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score

I think the victims family should select the way the murderer dies, and there should be a list of 100 ways.

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
I am all for the death penalty and I think it should be used more often for the crimes that fit but I don't know if I agree with this because I think that you would have family members that would opt to do and then not be able to live with it. Good people should not have to carry something like that with them. That would be my only concern. But like i sad I agree with the death penalty 100%.

You can't disagree with me. You Chino people can really piss me off sometimes!

:D:D:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
An Eye for and Eye.......as they say.
:thumbsup

msc5195

Reaction score
I am 100% for the DEATH PENALTY but I am 100% agaimst DEATH ROW! If found guilty you should die within 24hrs of the verdict. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!

Just my 2¢

Ratso

Reaction score
I am 100% for the DEATH PENALTY but I am 100% against DEATH ROW! If found guilty you should die within 24hrs of the verdict. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!

Just my 2¢

Agreed...

Ratso

Reaction score
Who voted "AGAINST" and why??? This would make for a good debate...

Ratso

Reaction score
You can click on the number and it will tell you.

I was just wondering what his reasoning is? If somebody kills a member of my family, they should also die...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I am 100% for the DEATH PENALTY but I am 100% agaimst DEATH ROW! If found guilty you should die within 24hrs of the verdict. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!

Just my 2¢

Agreed.....

If its a violent/sexual crime against kids or women it should be worse than death.

3 Hour Process...

First hour

Capital punishment...Anybody and everybody should be able to throw rocks,batteries,etc at the person.

2nd hour

You pour gas on the individual and light it. After 10 seconds you put out the fire and repeat the step.

3rd hour

you pour acid and lye on the individual until they pass out. When they wake up you start shooting them with .22 caliber ammo until they finally die.

I imagine there would be a decrease in violent crime.

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why they use new, sterile needles on lethal injections... Think of all the money they could save if they just used the same one over and over. :D :D :D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
a 22 shell is around $.03 take them out back and have the next in line pull the trigger.

I also beleave we need to expand capitol crimes. to things like child molestation, rape etc or better still, let the family deal with it... you know the way it use to be.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
As you probably expected, I am FOR the Death Penalty.

But the endless appeals and subsequent BS makes it 10-20 years before some dirt-bag gets put down, if the don't die of old age first.

It's pretty much turned into "Life on Death Row".

What I'd like to see is truth in sentencing. If they are going to get "Life on Death Row", they should be allowed to drag them into the death chamber every few months, plug the IVs in, and give them just enough juice to knock them out.

Then they wake up, back in the cell in a few hours.

Repeat a few months later. That will make them wonder if THIS ONE will be the one that does them in. Fockers would be raving lunatics after a year or two of this. They'll be begging the screws to shoot them in the head.

I'm kidding, or course. :D

I feel that every death penalty verdict be givin a straight up review by the Supreme Court, within 30 days. If it passes muster, then they're put down. 30 days to make amends with your maker and family is more than enough.

Everyone says that it costs more to keep a prisoner on Death Row, than life in solitary. But that is because of the endless suits, delays, appeals, extra security, and so forth.

Kill them right off, and the States could save Billions.

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
But the endless appeals and subsequent BS makes it 10-20 years before some dirt-bag gets put down, if the don't die of old age first.

Exactly. When I was at ASU, I'm thinking the average time from sentencing to execution was closing in on 25 years. They would appeal one point, run it up through the courts, get denied, and then start all over with one more point, and just keep it going.

One shot at appeal would be ideal, however the American Criminal Lovers Union would never let that happen. :swear

djhartley2003

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why they use new, sterile needles on lethal injections... Think of all the money they could save if they just used the same one over and over. :D :D :D

Well i think that it should be a public hanging and we can save some money by using the same rope over and over. I bet you can hang a bunch of dirt bags before the rope breaks.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Texas has 12 on the schedule before the end of November this year. Heard the same on the radio today, we have some catching up to do.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I think they should get the injection needle immediately following the verdict.

Heck, put it on PPV and make some $$ on it.

Just my 2¢

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Well i think that it should be a public hanging and we can save some money by using the same rope over and over. I bet you can hang a bunch of dirt bags before the rope breaks.

They should also have to pay rent for the use of said rope. :skull

Family should be the ones serving these p'sos their justice. Take the Polly Klass case for example. That son of a bitch even turned and taunted that girls father and family during the court procedings. That father should be served the right to kill that motherfucker off as slowly and painfully as he deemed necessary. Humane my ass.....I don't understand why anyone would be compassionate towards someone as inhuman as these fuckers.

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
In the past I was strongly for the death penalty. Because of the screwups, I am now mildly for it. I do think executions should be public, maybe pay per view. I would think all appeals could be conducted within 1-2 years. Now it looks like executions are going to reserved for people who have killed more than one person.

Scott E

Reaction score
For it.

Is it a deterrent...probably not. But that is not a reason to abolish it.

We have a society and in order for society to function we have to have laws. And if those laws are broken there need to be consequences. Unfortunately, some people have proven that they can not function within the confines of a civilized society. Some of them have proven it time and time again. Therefore they need to pay the price for not conforming to what we, as a society, have deemed accepted behavior. In these instances I have no problem with capital punishment, in fact I encourage it. And it need not be limited only to murderers...

soupersonic

Reaction score
I voted for....and kill em swiftly. None of this wait on death row for years BS.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

:beer

Ratso

Reaction score
2 against... and still no reasons why??? :hmm

Chico&Zeus

35' Nordic Flame
Reaction score
I am more of an "Eye for an Eye" type of person. I think if you are a victom of a crime...you should get to "re-pay" the convicted criminal in an equal manor.:thumbsup

MoVal Tim

Reaction score
Since when has Brown been on the fence about anything?? (see poll):rolleyes:

Don't hold back Brown. Tell us how you northerners really feel!:hmm:D

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score

Just my 2¢

Well, here we go......

I am all for the death penalty, but those of you who agreed with this statement obviously don't know anything about the number of people that are taken off death row years after sentencing due to DNA and or other people admitting to the crime. There have been numerous people that have been on Death Row that are now walking the streets because of hard evidence of their innocence.

Ratso

Reaction score
Well, here we go......

I am all for the death penalty, but those of you who agreed with this statement obviously don't know anything about the number of people that are taken off death row years after sentencing due to DNA and or other people admitting to the crime. There have been numerous people that have been on Death Row that are now walking the streets because of hard evidence of their innocence.

But, now we DO have DNA Evidence... Sure, pre DNA etc convictions should be able to be overturned before giving them the lethal injection. Also, even in cases today, it needs to be 100% sure and not "beyond a reasonable doubt"...
For the record, I think OJ should have been in for life. I couldn't put him to death. Also, if there is no body... then no death penalty, as in the Casey Anthony thing going on. It has to be pretty cut and dried for me.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Well, here we go......

For it....but 24hrs a little harsh...I am more along the lines of Boatcop..30 days...180 days max....but this 10-20yr BS is just that BS.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Since when has Brown been on the fence about anything?? (see poll):rolleyes:

To be serious, and gosh... I hate to be, I am definitely firm in the undecided category. I'm in favor but only in cases where the evidence is iron clad. these days with DNA and other techniques, we are a lot closer to being certain about particular individuals activities.

When I was a young man, I was hugely pro death penalty. Since that time, I have had long term relationships with a few lawyers (For a while, I was dating lawyers exclusively. Each time I said, "Never again."). They helped provide some insight into the frailty of the justice system. It is light years away from being sufficiently objective and scientific as to make God like proclamations on an individual's life.

... so I'm pro death penalty... but just barely.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
6304429703.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

djhartley2003

Reaction score
But, now we DO have DNA Evidence... Sure, pre DNA etc convictions should be able to be overturned before giving them the lethal injection. Also, even in cases today, it needs to be 100% sure and not "beyond a reasonable doubt"...
For the record, I think OJ should have been in for life. I couldn't put him to death. Also, if there is no body... then no death penalty, as in the Casey Anthony thing going on. It has to be pretty cut and dried for me.

You said that if there is no body there is no death penalty. I don't always agree with that. There is a case right now that is on trial, I don't remember the guys name but he is the one that killed the couple selling the yacht in New Port beach. He has admitted it and they are having a trial right now saying that even though he admitted it that doesn't make him a killer. There should not even be a trial going on. They should have taken him out hand cuffed him to an anchor and dropped him over the side the way he did the couple that he killed.

Director...
Reaction score
To be serious, and gosh... I hate to be, I am definitely firm in the undecided category. I'm in favor but only in cases where the evidence is iron clad. these days with DNA and other techniques, we are a lot closer to being certain about particular individuals activities.

When I was a young man, I was hugely pro death penalty. Since that time, I have had long term relationships with a few lawyers (For a while, I was dating lawyers exclusively. Each time I said, "Never again."). They helped provide some insight into the frailty of the justice system. It is light years away from being sufficiently objective and scientific as to make God like proclamations on an individual's life.

Brown Brown Brown......How many times do I have to tell you.....Inflatable "lawyers" dont count!...:hmm

MoVal Tim

Reaction score

Thank you for clarifying.:thumbsup

Ratso

Reaction score
You said that if there is no body there is no death penalty. I don't always agree with that. There is a case right now that is on trial, I don't remember the guys name but he is the one that killed the couple selling the yacht in New Port beach. He has admitted it and they are having a trial right now saying that even though he admitted it that doesn't make him a killer. There should not even be a trial going on. They should have taken him out hand cuffed him to an anchor and dropped him over the side the way he did the couple that he killed.

I remember reading about that. Were there witnesses to it? I can't remember... I guess what I was getting at, like with the Caylee Anthony deal, she won't admit to anything, no body... and is the DNA 100% foolproof? I like to think it is, but there is always room for human error. In the case with the couple overboard, did he just admit it, or was it coerced? Not to take a murderers side by any means, but cops and detectives are only human too, and believe me, I know some detectives personally that will lie their asses off to trip someone up to get a confession...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
All for it.
Just be damn sure they got the right person.

Would like to see child killer Casey Anthony get the needle.
But I honestly think their is a dbbl standard in sentencing women.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
All for it.
Just be damn sure they got the right person.

Would like to see child killer Casey Anthony get the needle.
But I honestly think their is a dbbl standard in sentencing women.

Well on her way getting the label of 1st degree pinned on.

wUTwZAT

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't read the rest of the thread, but did they finally kill that fat bastard in Ohio?

:skull Not only for it, but I feel we waste alot of time dragging the truly guilty to jail and trial. :skull

42johnny

Reaction score
I didn't read all the threads but, if I repeated sorry.

Kill them all and let GOD sort them out!!!!!!!

Johnny

lawbreaker2

Reaction score
I'm from ohio and it was about time they got rid of that fat ass, he was DEAD at 10:28 AM and I have one thing to say, "Who's next":beer:lmao