WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DEADLIEST CATCH!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why not go for the trifecta on the TV show threads...

I'm pretty sure Deadliest catch comes on tomorrow doesn't it? I've been watching 4 - 5 episodes a night on my DVR getting ramped up for it. :D

RD

milkmoney

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure Deadliest catch comes on tomorrow doesn't it? I've been watching 4 - 5 episodes a night on my DVR getting ramped up for it. :D

RD

tuesday night at 9pm on discovery. the preview shows captain phil,rip

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
tuesday night at 9pm on discovery. the preview shows captain phil,rip

I saw that.. I'm assuming they are going to do a remembrance deal of some sort. I was watching them on DVR, and it's weird watching footage of someone you know just recently passed on.

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Yep, all new episodes starts tomorrow. :thumbsup

All the girls in the house can't see what guys in it, but I love the show.

Of all the guys to pass away,, Capt'n Phil.
I really liked his takes and how he'd handle controversy.
Might be an episode or two with him in it before his tragic incident.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I dig this years trailer with Pearl Jam. Super cool.

The Phil Harris deal will be a bit tough. We also thought he helped make the show.

[video=youtube;DfRm-uzZYz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfRm-uzZYz0[/video]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Be careful, that is 9pm EST, I got the 6pm PST on HD set to record already!!

guess i need to look closer, i jus seen 9 when i was fast forwarding through commercials. thanks..

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up.. I don't watch much tv, but I do watch that show.

riverratmike

Reaction score

RD

Yes it's on Tueday night, can't wait. My favorite show.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I always say I hate reality TV...but I love Pawn Stars and Deadliest Catch :thumbsup

Starbuck74

Reaction score

RD

I'm psyched for it too. My wife also enjoys the show.

Capt. Phil RIP. I wonder who will be Captaining the boat now. Engineer perhaps, who filled in while he was in the hospital.

poncho

Reaction score
I'm psyched for it too. My wife also enjoys the show.

Capt. Phil RIP. I wonder who will be Captaining the boat now. Engineer perhaps, who filled in while he was in the hospital.

A family friend has come in to complete the remainder of their quota for this season. We changed out a gearbox and did some other work recently so they could get back out and finish up, lots of speculation about next year?

poncho

Reaction score

RD

Good friend of mine is down in LA hanging with the producers and crew and going to the official premier tonight. Talked to him Saturday night and he sounded wrecked already. Leaving for a remote job on St. Paul island thats way overdue otherwise i would of had my ass down there too, i miss all the fun. Signed over the rights to some stills and video of our pulling the Icy Mist off the rocks and blowing the hull to sink it, curious if that will play. Enjoy the show probably be a month before i see it, imagine they will do something really cool for Phil, thats been real secretive.

Starbuck74

Reaction score
A family friend has come in to complete the remainder of their quota for this season. We changed out a gearbox and did some other work recently so they could get back out and finish up, lots of speculation about next year?

I have some (ex) Sitka long-liners in the family who also did some crabbing off the Oregon coast. The level of the big boys is astounding with the investment required to run those boats, the gear, licenses, etc.

Hard way to make a buck either way.

poncho

Reaction score
I have some (ex) Sitka long-liners in the family who also did some crabbing off the Oregon coast. The level of the big boys is astounding with the investment required to run those boats, the gear, licenses, etc.

Hard way to make a buck either way.

Without getting into the politics of it the whole Quota thing has really hurt the industry and parked a lot of boats, these are tough times for every one. Watching the prices slowly climb back some this year has been encouraging and it seems like the Gov. is looking at the data a little closer and admitting some flaws, we`ll see.

Starbuck74

Reaction score
Without getting into the politics of it the whole Quota thing has really hurt the industry and parked a lot of boats, these are tough times for every one. Watching the prices slowly climb back some this year has been encouraging and it seems like the Gov. is looking at the data a little closer and admitting some flaws, we`ll see.

Yes. When I said "ex" long liners, I meant they couldn't afford to fish anymore. The salmon quota (ratio) was impossible to meet, and I watched my father dump many dead fish off the lines.

I helped him during a one-day $500 halibut season. Caught everything but halibut.

At least some folks are able to buy 1920's planked ex-ice breakers/ex-trollers and put nice staterooms in the holds. :thumbsdown

I long for the days Steve Upton wrote about- the 70's fishing the inside passage. Those days are gone.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Bump for tonights reminder.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Glad the show is back.
This isn't typical reality TV, this is TV that documents the real word.
Big difference.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Glad the show is back.
Big difference.

Thats true. D Catch is real life and reality TV is made up to be what the market wants to see. Big difference.

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
The ad trailer on MSN has a game also. Didn't download it tho, need a web cam apparently.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
More drama in the first 5 minutes this premier episode that all of last seasons episodes combined.
Oh brother.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Glad the show is back.
Big difference.

Well it used to be anyways.. Lol. Ifit was reality Jonathan and Keith woulda been scrapping. I woulda had my money on Jonathan personally, he strikes me as a brawler.

That being said he didn't hit Keith and I don't know about him yelling it "suckerpunch Hillstrand". And all that.. You get up in somones face yelling like that what did he think was going to happen? After Jonathan said that shit about Keith almost killing his brother I thought for sure Keith was gonna clock him. I think without the cameras that deal wouldve played out differently.. Keith woulda hit em and Jonathan wouldve come out the victor in the end I'm guessing.

I know it's a tv show and they are trying to maintain some story line but nothing for captain Phil.. I thought that was dissapointing. :(.

I thought they wouldve had a tribute to him right out of the gate and then let on that obviously the show is filmed in advance and layer in with the footage or something. :(.

I dunno I thought the 1st episode was awesome but I still think thy shouldve done something for Phil.. To not seemed disrespectful. :(

RD

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Well it looks used to be anyways.. Lol. Ifit was reality Jonathan and Keith woulda been scrapping. I woulda had my money on Jonathan personally, he strikes me as a brawler.

That being said he didn't hit Keith and I don't know about him yelling it "suckerpunch Hillstrand". And all that.. You get up in somones face yelling like that what did he think was going to happen? After Jonathan said that shit about Keith almost killing his brother I thought for sure Keith was gonna clock him. I think without the cameras that deal wouldve played out differently.. Keith woulda hit em and Jonathan wouldve come out the victor in the end I'm guessing.

I know it's a tv show and they are trying to maintain some story line but nothing for captain Phil.. I thought that was dissapointing. :(.

I thought they wouldve had a tribute to him right out of the gate and then let on that obviously the show is filmed in advance and layer in with the footage or something. :(.

I dunno I thought the 1st episode was awesome but I still think thy shouldve done something for Phil.. To not seemed disrespectful. :(

RD

Phil passed after King Crab ( Final offload - he went to the hospital) season so I suspect King will play out before any tribute to Phil. Remember right now it's October 2009.

Interesting thing sending Phil's son Jake to Sig's boat.

Kieth is a Bitch isn't he. He definately got shoved and knocked down.

riverratmike

Reaction score
great show tonight loved it and it's awesome watching it in 1080

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Shit it's sitting on the DVR but I'm so slammed with work, it's KILLING ME that I can't watch it :thumbsdown

Buddy

Reaction score
I think they should of had some kind of tribute for Phil also

Starbuck74

Reaction score
Kieth is a Bitch isn't he. He definately got shoved and knocked down.

I've never liked Keith. He seems over-emotional, and a bit of a prick. I don't think Jonathan should have shoved him, though I see why he did.

In business, it's normal for companies to try and snipe each other's employees. It's about the money after all.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Hillstrand Brothers have thrown plenty of fists at other Captains I've read on other fan forums.

It's told by locals it's usually over other Captains observing, following and shadowing the Time Bandit, then dropping their pots right over the Time Bandits rather than do their own homework and figure where to drop their own string.

Damfino how accurate or true that is, especially with the newer quota system, but the brothers and their dad have had plenty of scraps with those that piss on them it's told by the 'Locals" that post.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Evidently not that big of pool of guys that can handle that kinda work.
Especially really good workers.

So,,, push comes to shove.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Judging by the teasers, I'm thinking Phil's son is about to get into a world of shit on the NorthWestern..

RD

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
It took me awhile to warm up to and watch the show (I HATE reality TV) but I remember thinkin that Keith was a sniveler the first episode I saw with him:cry:
Now I can add PUNK to my opinions of him:loser:

And I swore I wouldnt get sucked into these shows with drama..........Dammit:rolleyes::D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone watch last night?

Yes I did.. It was very moving & very emotional.

I don't know how those guys are so cool about the cameras being there while all this is happening. I don't think I coudl've handled it..

RD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yes I did.. It was very moving & very emotional.

I don't know how those guys are so cool about the cameras being there while all this is happening. I don't think I coudl've handled it..

RD
x2, i hope the kids can live up to their pops expectations of them. im pullin for em! its the only reality tv i watch.

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
I liked how Josh stepped up. Isn't he the younger one?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I agree RD. I would not have been able to handle the cameras going down that path.

Glecoater, you are right it is the only Reality TV worth the name.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I liked how Josh stepped up. Isn't he the younger one?

Josh is the older brother, but below his younger brother on the crab boat.. The younger brother "Jake" has more potential then Josh, but is pissing it out the window on drugs..

RD

kgt

Reaction score
Its a great show and the only one worth watching...so sad about the dad, he passed didnt he??....also a tough road ahead for the kid pissin his life away...

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Josh is the older brother, but below his younger brother on the crab boat.. The younger brother "Jake" has more potential then Josh, but is pissing it out the window on drugs..

RD
??? Did you miss the episode where Phil was talking about how Jake had been on the boat longer, yet he made Josh a full share cause he had more potential than his younger dumber brother?

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
It's lookin' like they're gonna have Phil dying on next week's episode... It's pretty sad watchin at this point...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've been following a woman who is tied to the show via Geico Racing. The big news lately is the new Time Bandit Offshore Racing Team. They even have their own FB page.

Who would have thought the show and offshore racing would cross paths?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlanta-GA/Time-Bandit-Offshore-Racing/130827483615378

That is very cool! Didn't know they were racing offshore.. :D

??? Did you miss the episode where Phil was talking about how Jake had been on the boat longer, yet he made Josh a full share cause he had more potential than his younger dumber brother?

Maybe I heard it wrong.. but I thought he was always saying the younger fuck up kid had all the potential, and the older brother was.. etc..

RD

HPBoats83

Reaction score
I've been following a woman who is tied to the show via Geico Racing. The big news lately is the new Time Bandit Offshore Racing Team. They even have their own FB page.

Who would have thought the show and offshore racing would cross paths?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlanta-GA/Time-Bandit-Offshore-Racing/130827483615378

Yeah it was a very hard episode to watch since we know the outcome.

On another note, the Time Bandit racing team might be on of the best things to have happend to offshore racing.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Maybe I heard it wrong.. but I thought he was always saying the younger fuck up kid had all the potential, and the older brother was.. etc..

RD
No, the younger brother is dumber and had no potential. That's why they traded him for Sig's greenhorn a few weeks back. I have a feeling that after Phil dies next week, we're gonna see Josh in the captain's chair.