WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crawler Hauler - ever seen one?

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
This was at the Sand and Water Expo and I thought it was a pretty neat concept.

Seen a couple over the years. First one was on Pirate 4x4, a guy bought a salvaged living quarters horse trailer and cut it down. Pretty nice deal. See some other creative rigs at KOH and some of the off road races.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
A lot of people take truck bed campers and bolt them to the front a gooseneck flatbed. Always sketched me out having the crawler hanging off the back, depending on location of the axles.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
never one that nice, but ive seen a few school buses that have been heavily modified into flatbed / motorhome.

stolen

Reaction score
Dave - that looks like a Sundowner trailer. Nicest toyhauler on the market other than doing a custom Intech. I just priced out their 41 ft toy hauler here in MN at a local dealer. At $80K+, it's a little pricey. I'm still trying to figure out if I would use it enough. Would be great for the Tickfaw 200 and Sturgis.

Riodog

Reaction score
They have one sitting in the lot of "haulin it trailers" in Havasu.
It looked okay but I damn sure wouldn't buy it from them.
Rio

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Crawler haulers are a big thing here in NM, have been for a long time. Most of the guys we wheel with have built them. Big goosenecks with 5th wheels or cavover campers up front, big tongue pulls with pop ups on them sideways, etc.

They work great.