WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Commercial Vehicle Insurance and Reg

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
My insurance renewal is coming up and my current insurance company just sent me a letter congratulations on my automatic renewal and a 48% increase on my policy. No claims in 3 years...

Who would you guys refer to to find out why large Corps like Fed Ex, UPS, Carvana and Uhaul all can register and insure their trucks out of CA and exclusively run them here in Ca?

Why can't we can create a Corp in another state and operate in CA like other companies do?

Let me hear it.....

evantwheeler

Reaction score
My insurance renewal is coming up and my current insurance company just sent me a letter congratulations on my automatic renewal and a 48% increase on my policy. No claims in 3 years...

Who would you guys refer to to find out why large Corps like Fed Ex, UPS, Carvana and Uhaul all can register and insure their trucks out of CA and exclusively run them here in Ca?

Why can't we can create a Corp in another state and operate in CA like other companies do?

Let me hear it.....
Look into becoming a part of a captive insurance program. Not sure if they offer them for your industry, but for our industry they exist (Heavy Civil Construction as a water pipe welding company). Our participation in a Captive program over the past 5 years has saved us a TON of money on WC, Liability, and Auto. I'm talking many many thousands of dollars. Not only do you save money, you can get dividend return for no claims. It's basically an insurance CO-OP like you stated. You basically self insure up to a certain point, then the captive self-insures to a certain threshold, and then over that threshold Zurich provides the re-insurance.

Our broker is with Marsh McLennan in San Diego if you want to talk to them.

This is the program we are apart of:

Last edited: