WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Catalina for Anniversary (any hook ups, ideas)

Danzkawi

Reaction score
I would like to take my wife of 23 years to Catalina for our anniversary but I have never been there, I need info on the best place to stay and the best tours and what not. any and all ideas and hook ups welcome... Thanks
Dan

It's All Good

Reaction score
Check vrbo.com for rentals in Hamilton cove. You can get a condo with golf cart during your stay.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Luau Larry's bloody marys

bike rentals, golf cart, descanso beach.

taco shop by the police station is good, but slooooow!

Zip line!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Hitch a ride w/ TPC and steal his dingy :skull
:D

Check combination room and recreation packages.
Don't miss the Zip Lining,, but book it ahead,, it's sold out in advance.
Usually half price if ya book it together.

oldschool

Reaction score
If you catch anything on fire you can call my brother, he's a FF on the island.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
keep'em coming

looking at the Catalina Inn

Not much more out there Bro'.
That's about it.
A few things to do, hotels, restaurants and bars unless you bring a boat.

Last edited:

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
If you take the Express over and stay in Avalon... How hard is it to explore the rest of the island, see the other harbors and hike the hills?

<<< Thinking about the same trip for our 22nd.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I think even if you rent a golf cart or whatever it's a 1 1/2 to 2 hr trip to Two harbors (TPC would know better).
If you are going over on the express and plan on coming back on the later express on Sunday book your round trip as soon as you can it fills up quick.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Not much more out there Bro'.
That's about it.
A few things to do, hotels, restaurants and bars unless you bring a boat.

^^^

What he said.

There really isnt a whole lot to do over there! So if you wanna stay in your room all day and hide out, this would be a good place to do it.

:champagne:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you take the Express over and stay in Avalon... How hard is it to explore the rest of the island, see the other harbors and hike the hills?

<<< Thinking about the same trip for our 22nd.

Avalon.
It's a almost 3 hr Dust Bus trip across the island on the Safari bus to Two Harbors.
It transfers at a few stops.
Ya see the Buffalo, Airport, points of interest, the kids liked it but 3 hrs on a school bus is a long time.

Their are special trips to the Airport for a dinner and tour. Those are intermittent, no set schedule that we know of ,,, but one is coming up again next week I think.
Everyone I've talked to liked it. Couples trip, I wouldn't bring kids, and if ya don't drink it's not for you.
It's a good deal for the cost. The retired LEOS we know never miss taking their dates there.

Hiking trails mostly led to the campgrounds which is cool. Some of the trails have rest stops with bottled water in Coolers free for the hikers.
Read that: Some of the trails.

Their is the Blanch W open boat flying fish boat from Avalon to Two Harbors and back in the late evening, not sure about the schedule or days it runs.
Bring a coat, it may get chilly at night. They do a layover in Two Harbors long enough to get a drink or two at one of the 2 bars.
If the outside bar is closed,, their is another inside bar in the back of the Reef restaurant that will most definitely be open, near the restrooms, jukebox and pool table. You can order bar food there, avoid the Philly Steak sandwich.

Any bartender or manager without a foreign accent is directly related to the Wrigley family.

No regular scheduled boat from Avalon to Two Harbors, though many people think their is.
Two Harbors ONLY has a B & B that is pre-booked years out,, but sometimes they have an opening.
Only other places to stay are the campgrounds or on one's own boat.

If you like music, various music festivals roll through town (Avalon), the Fender Blues/Jazz festival one of the better.
The oldie rock events seem to have faded away, but I could be mistaken. They may just have less promotion.
Zip lining, and a rock wall are the newer attractions. You absofuckinlutely must be booked before you arrive on the island ,,, or you won't get in the cue.

Japanese tourists to LA have discovered the Zip Line, it's all the rage and they are really booking it solid.

Go to www.catalina.com and you can see the things to do.

My kids love the mini scuba lesson.
You may get price breaks with hotel/recreation packages.
Some hotels are owned by the same Santa Catalina Island Company that owns the activity concessions (and is still owned by Wrigley regardless of what anyone tells ya) ,, so see what they offer now.
Their are some discount packages with healthy price breaks.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
TPC, when is that pirate deal in 2 harbors? Wont that be comin up pretty soon??

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
I'm going over next weekend for a b-day party, but couldn't get the boat out here... I think a local RDP'er should step up and be the Catalina (super)Express for us :D

LomitaBob

Reaction score
I would like to take my wife of 23 years to Catalina for our anniversary but I have never been there, I need info on the best place to stay and the best tours and what not. any and all ideas and hook ups welcome... Thanks
Dan

Quite honestly i wouldnt go there. It aint the same place it was a few years ago. This is where my wife first said she loved me, where we went on our second date. I have lots of memories there and it aint the same. We dont go there anymore and get discounts on fare
If u want a nice romantic trip try solvang or lis olivos. There are shops run by americans, good food,and all wemen love the los olivos wine trail. Most fun ive had outside the desert.
Just my 2cents.

sent from the EVO