WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Calico to State Line Primm!

lavey jr

Reaction score
Two weeks ago a group of us rode from Calico to State Line and all I can say is, WOW!
This was by far the coolest and funnest Offroad ride I've ever been a part of. Day one ride my Ride Command said I did 142 miles and then 138 miles the second day.

We met Saturday morning at the Calico KOH and left around 9:30am.
Total cars that left with us was 15, mix of RZR and Can Am.

IMG_5084.jpg
IMG_5085.jpg
IMG_5086.jpg
IMG_5089.jpg
IMG_5088.jpg

Can Am problems... The cross member frame section that the trailing arm mounts to snapped completely off. Fixed it up with zip ties and ratchet straps.
At this point in the ride we were closer Baker so we gave him an hour head start and he limped it the rest of the way there while 2 RZR's went back to the Calico KOH to pick up his truck and trailer to meet at Baker and then those 2 RZR's met us at Primm later that night.

IMG_5091.jpg
IMG_5094.jpg

Fuel and snack stop at Baker

IMG_5119.JPG

Pretty awesome 20-30 minute run through a Joshua Tree forest.

IMG_5184.jpg
IMG_5102.jpg

Tow strap flat tire swap.

IMG_5106.jpg

Finally, 9hrs later we all made it! Due to breaks, broken Can Am, more breaks, flat tires, the trip there took longer than expected.

IMG_5107.jpg

This is the only picture I took for day 2. Documenting that my car made it back in 1 piece with zero issues!
Everyone at first said the car is a Glamis car and too pretty to be in the dirt. Well we built the car to look great and use it for things other than Glamis! A few rock chips here and there but oh well, gel coat chips can be easily fixed and buffed out!

IMG_5116.jpg

Damage report for the whole weekend between 15 cars; 4 belts, 4 flat tires, 1 broken Can Am frame.
Overall I will 10/10 do this ride again!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Sweet, if you checked, what was your average speed?

lavey jr

Reaction score
Sweet, if you checked, what was your average speed?

No I did not check that. I think it was around 50-55mph average but for some reason I want to say I remember my screen saying 48mph overall average. I’m not sure if i can pull up my last ride trip on the ride command to check that. From my memory the slowest section I was trying to stay around 40mph, on most average areas I was doing 55mph with the group. I know for sure that the second day ride back I chose to be the trail car sweeping the back, I let the group get about 1-2 miles ahead of me and I kept it at 58-62mph to help smooth out the ride over the washboard chatter bumps and then went slower 35-50 through the more technical trails depending what it was.

Reactions: t&y

havasujeeper

Reaction score
We once took jeeps from Baker to Laughlin. Another fantastic trip worth considering!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Looks like an awesome trip! We did the Mojave Trail a few years back, we parked at the same KOA and drove from there to Laughlin. It was a lot of driving for 1 day but a lot of fun too. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’ve seen can am rear trailing arms wad up, never that cross member part. Was wondering if he had prior crack or one big “hit”, event that caused that break?

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
I’d like to see more pics of the break, like the pocket where it broke...

that’s an unusual break....

lavey jr

Reaction score
Is this mostly fire roads?

It all depends which route you take.
Yes, it is possible to do just about the entire ride on mostly fire roads. You can basically take Powerline Road the entire way which is pretty flat and easy.

We took mostly Powerline to Baker and then my group had the rest of the route mapped out to do different stuff. I’m not sure what the route was except for I can follow that route again via my Ride Command.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I’ve seen can am rear trailing arms wad up, never that cross member part. Was wondering if he had prior crack or one big “hit”, event that caused that break?
I’d like to see more pics of the break, like the pocket where it broke...

that’s an unusual break....

Sorry guys I didn’t take any close up pics of the break spot. I was trying to stay out of the way of the guys trying to fix it and felt bad for the owner and didn’t want to keep taking pics of his broken car.

One thing we did do is hold up the rear trailing arm tab piece and frame to my RZR Turbo S and theCan Am wall thickness looked to be about half the size of the RZR.

Reactions: DLC