WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

bronco gone-2025 Hummer EV

boatpi

Reaction score
So I made the big leap understanding for the most part This vehicle will never leave southern Nevada

it’s got an honest 310 miles plus to charge.
Add that the insane ground clearance. we do go off roading here in southern Nevada. Clearance of over 16 inches. If I don’t want to use my F250 to move one of my trailers around this can tow 10,000 pounds, as the bronco would never do that.

And of course, we have unlimited free power with solar. We have a leftover charging station. I’m gonna have it installed with 100 amp breaker since my house has 400 amp service. Very, very comfortable good size room inside especially the backseat with the seats down. I can put an almost 6 feet of objects here and there if I ever need to.
It has a latest quick charging technology so if I want to go to Scottsdale, it’ll barely make it but easy stop for a piss in Kingman and they have DC chargers in nine minutes. Do keep in mind. It has a massive battery. They stacked him so it’s 800 V.
I could add 100 miles. Probably won’t be doing that much but if I need to, it’s there along with a lot of other places once you had 150 miles away from Las Vegas.

Looking at it, the R&D that general motors spent on this is insane. They fit and finish is equal to that of a German car. It’s quite impressive.

Of course it’s a business vehicle so for your business people you do get the $7500 federal tax credit and the last year of the 60% depreciation. That was the kicker to make this happen.
Let you know how it does off road here in about a month.
It is 3X model.
IMG_7035.jpeg
IMG_7035.jpeg
IMG_7034.jpeg
IMG_7033.jpeg
IMG_7032.jpeg
IMG_7036.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
This is the vehicle that’s going to start the service by subscription trend for GM.

Super cruise is already one subscription. Onstar is now required.

Coming soon: Wanna lock your car doors? $5 a month. You get 60 free engine starts per month, need more? Buy in packs of 20 for the low low price of $20 per month. And the stupidity will go on. Older used cars will be the only way to avoid this.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
So I made the big leap understanding for the most part This vehicle will never leave southern Nevada

it’s got an honest 310 miles plus to charge.
Add that the insane ground clearance. we do go off roading here in southern Nevada. Clearance of over 16 inches. If I don’t want to use my F250 to move one of my trailers around this can tow 10,000 pounds, as the bronco would never do that.

And of course, we have unlimited free power with solar. We have a leftover charging station. I’m gonna have it installed with 100 amp breaker since my house has 400 amp service. Very, very comfortable good size room inside especially the backseat with the seats down. I can put an almost 6 feet of objects here and there if I ever need to.
It has a latest quick charging technology so if I want to go to Scottsdale, it’ll barely make it but easy stop for a piss in Kingman and they have DC chargers in nine minutes. Do keep in mind. It has a massive battery. They stacked him so it’s 800 V.
I could add 100 miles. Probably won’t be doing that much but if I need to, it’s there along with a lot of other places once you had 150 miles away from Las Vegas.

Looking at it, the R&D that general motors spent on this is insane. They fit and finish is equal to that of a German car. It’s quite impressive.

Of course it’s a business vehicle so for your business people you do get the $7500 federal tax credit and the last year of the 60% depreciation. That was the kicker to make this happen.
Let you know how it does off road here in about a month.
It is 3X model.
View attachment 1428975 View attachment 1428975 View attachment 1428976 View attachment 1428978 View attachment 1428977 View attachment 1428979

This is the only electric vehicle I would buy. Congrats on the new ride.

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
It does look better than the Bronco.

I heard the Bronco had a lot of road noise, how does the Hummer EV compare?

boatpi

Reaction score
I had a 2008 Hummer H2. So the 2X is 98G+, and 3X 108G+. BUT, some dealers had pre orders that were cancelled due to delay in manufacturing. The people that placed these went away, BUT the price guarantee by GM remained on the MSRP. So a discount from $6,150 to almost $8200 off of MSRP. No dealer that does not have these off MSRP pre orders will match that price. Santa Monica had many of them, and they are flying out the door. I snagged one. Free delivery and by trading I do not pay sales tax difference. In the end, this may just cost 50G or less after the tax incentives. It has 4-wheel steering, so U turns are as short as the Bronco. As to noise, much quieter and comfortable on the road as compared to the Bronco. Had it 2 days, so getting use to all of the features in between work. In short time these will be allowed on the Tesla super chargers, like Ford did this year.

riverroyal

Reaction score
This is the vehicle that’s going to start the service by subscription trend for GM.

Super cruise is already one subscription. Onstar is now required.

Coming soon: Wanna lock your car doors? $5 a month. You get 60 free engine starts per month, need more? Buy in packs of 20 for the low low price of $20 per month. And the stupidity will go on. Older used cars will be the only way to avoid this.
Bmw already has this. Cars are all built the same essentially. Which makes assembly more efficient. Then the dealer can upsell or you can 'subscribe' since the car is always connected

Taboma

Reaction score
I’ve never had an electric hummer…maybe they’re better?

Edit: Still cheaper than I’ve been paying lol
Take that idea you had for electrifying cars to deter that nutso-Pesky Tree Hugger type --- then lean against it while getting yo hummer, then please return and share about the experience 👍😁

boatpi

Reaction score
Btw; these are a real beast the airbag suspension is absolutely insane and the technology of the suspension and inside matches that. You don’t wanna put your foot out too far in front of it as these way about 9000 pounds. Every time I look at the maze part is is the quality of the bodywork the plastic cladding around the bumpers and the sides the paint work done to it and the fit and finish it just an amazing for an American vehicle. You think it was the BMW’s coming out of the Carolina. It’s that good.
Interior is a bit different. The leather seats are ventilated of course there’s even hidden storage in the back ones and the side panels are made of some woven vinyl and mixture fabric so you could essentially throw mud at it and wipe it off.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I think they’re a flop. I put my name on the preorder list thinking I could get it and flip it. When it came in the lot was full of them. Dealer couldn’t get rid of them.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Neighbor up the road has had one for quite awhile. At first I didn't realize it was electric...has a very good look, where most scream "I'm an EV!". Very cool ride, congratulations!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The only electric cars I have been in are my neighbor's Teslas. They are quiet. Does it make that alien space craft noise at low speed for safety? Hearing that always make me smile.

I gotta say though, it looks kinda like the love child of a Toyota FJ Cruiser and a Lucid.

I thought GM sold Hummer to some Chinese outfit?

boatpi

Reaction score
This is made in Detroit, and no funky sound when backing up. If you have the typical 30amp 4 prong outlet, that will work with the supplied cord. Figure if you need an50% charge at home,’it will do that overnight easily. If you need a fast at home charge, or almost out of nice, then get a home charging station and hard wire it to an100 amp breaker. These car produce 80 amps, and not all EV’s can take that charge rate, the Hummer can.

boatpi

Reaction score
It is quick, and for the weight very quick and quiet. It has the great camera system like Fords and many newer cats, sort of a drone view, and at the same time a split screen with a back up view. Both front and rear seats are large and comfortable. With seats down it is close to 6’ of charge room, very wide, but not real tall and the Hummer EV like to first edition has a chopped roof. Good gps and an insane amount of off road software. A little tall to climb into, shorter folks may need the folding steps to be comfortable.

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I read that Tesla Cybertrucks are burning through tires in under 10,000 miles. Due to the weight and use of a heavy right foot I imagine. Something to pay attention to I imagine. Seem like a fun vehicle!