WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boeing yacht

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...My live aboard for eight years was a 1948 34’ twinscrew Hunter flybridge sedan cruiser...my goal when I lived aboard was to move up to something along the lines of what is in the video...that wouldn’t exactly be the boat I would want...but I like antique looking things...Maybe something like a 40 foot 1958 Stephens sedan cruiser???...
0B5FBF8D-7C24-423B-A84A-AB0CD31DCCD6.png

rrrr

Reaction score
I've read about the Boeing built yachts.

The Wyrill was built by Boeing Canada for a large Canadian forestry and paper company. The only yacht built by Boeing Seattle was the Taconite, the personal yacht of founder William Boeing. It was launched in 1930.

Boeing made his first fortune in Michigan iron ore, thus the name of the Taconite. He moved to Washington and began buying huge swaths of timber, becoming even wealthier. He bought a boatyard in 1910, where the first Boeing aircraft, float planes, were built.

Last edited:

WAAZ

Reaction score
Taco-night, Tuesday’s usually.

spectras only

Reaction score
The 'Taconite' was slipped in Vancouver for a long time next to the Bayshore Inn. Was in beautiful condition when I saw it. 👍

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
...My live aboard for eight years was a 1948 34’ twinscrew Hunter flybridge sedan cruiser...my goal when I lived aboard was to move up to something along the lines of what is in the video...that wouldn’t exactly be the boat I would want...but I like antique looking things...Maybe something like a 40 foot 1958 Stephens sedan cruiser???... View attachment 901859
I like the lines of your boat. The "A-Pillar" lines(for lack of the proper maritime term), remind me of the early Packards. Kind of an aggressive appearance, even though speed is not the goal.

Taboma

Reaction score
I like the lines of your boat. The "A-Pillar" lines(for lack of the proper maritime term), remind me of the early Packards. Kind of an aggressive appearance, even though speed is not the goal.

That's Willie B's dream boat, the Stephens. My dad loved those as well, a Newport Bay dock neighbor back in the early 6y0's had one. His name was Mr. Walter Lantz, yup, this guy ---- Very nice gentleman who'd give me hand drawn sketches, sure wish I still had them. 😁
Walter Lantz  Woody Woodpecker.jpg

Funny, if you google 1948 34' Twin Screw Hunter Flybridge sedan cruiser --- a couple of entries down, you find a RDP post by Willie B, titled

What What What's the first Boat you got Laid in and where ... 😂😂😂
So anybody curious what a 1948 Hunter looks like, will discover Willie B's first boat lay. 👍👍👍