WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat fenders

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
What's your fender choice/game when tying up to other boat's? I swear a large majority of my time this year was spent readjusting them, trying something else on the setup, yelling at other boaters (especially rentals) plowing a big wake far in the back of a no wake zone or something. I think the biggest issue I dealt with was one boat rocking above or below the top line of the boat it was tied to and boom. The temp solution ended up being a handful of the larger typical cylindrical fenders and life vests draped over the sides but still far from worry free. I am looking at the big round ball type for next year but they will be a pain to lug around and the Mrs. made a kinda fair point about all the almost wipeouts everyone had going from one boat to the others and that was having smaller gap compared to what the balls will have. Told her everyone can take a 20 second dip and use the swim deck for all I care

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
What's your fender choice/game when tying up to other boat's? I swear a large majority of my time this year was spent readjusting them, trying something else on the setup, yelling at other boaters (especially rentals) plowing a big wake far in the back of a no wake zone or something. I think the biggest issue I dealt with was one boat rocking above or below the top line of the boat it was tied to and boom. The temp solution ended up being a handful of the larger typical cylindrical fenders and life vests draped over the sides but still far from worry free. I am looking at the big round ball type for next year but they will be a pain to lug around and the Mrs. made a kinda fair point about all the almost wipeouts everyone had going from one boat to the others and that was having smaller gap compared to what the balls will have. Told her everyone can take a 20 second dip and use the swim deck for all I care
The flatter type work well to take up gaps. I use 6" and 8" fenders and have those flatties to supplement them. Tying up to similar freeboard boats helps too.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Fender's...:D

car-fender-500x500.jpg
F9072D.jpg
supafend-5376018-boat-fender-in-use_1600x.jpg
Fender-Telecaster-Uberchord-Blog-Post-1024x740.png

hawgty55

Reaction score
I feel ya! My damn boat sits lower than any other boat and dock i guess! What a pain in my ass for sure! And dont even get me started on cleat placement!!! Think im going to have to start backing in like the rich folk!

Mike K

Reaction score
I bought three Polyform G-5 fenders ... they are larger than what you normally need ... but cheap insurance ... then buy 3/8 inch fender lines ... you can get all this from Amazon.

sirbob

Reaction score
I like to use large round fenders when side tieing to another boat.

Unfortunately because they are big and bulky, I don't keep any on my boat. My normal fenders work great at the dock but I lean on the boat I usually boat with to carry the big stuff - he has room I don't have.

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
Other boats don't wanna to ty up wiff Me! :confused: ;) :)

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Had good luck with Hull Hugr fenders. They make a " HULL HUGR MEDIUM ROLL UP ". I used the small ones on my ocean boat and loved them!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Had good luck with Hull Hugr fenders. They make a " HULL HUGR MEDIUM ROLL UP ". I used the small ones on my ocean boat and loved them!
I had 2,of the hinged ones (one mysteriously vanished then i find my uncle has 2 black ones and 1 blue one.... Hmmm....). They are the only thing,i habe found that will give,some protection to my gunnel since,my boat sits so low,in the rear.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Mototrig

Reaction score
IMG_20180925_211217.jpg
I use Hull Hugr's. They're about 8' long and roll up into a square. I use two on the dock and they don't move once set. My Sea-Doos bang up against these things on the dock for 3 or 4 days from all the passing boats and the Hugr's take the beating. No scratches or scuffs on my hulls. Best $70 I ever spent. I didn't take any pictures of them installed but here's a pic from Google.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a new fender product on the market from Impact Fenders USA. Might be worth taking a look at -- they will be a vendor at the Sand-Water-RV Expo, November 17-18 at Lake Havasu State Park. You can check them out for yourself on their website -- http://www.impactfenders.com