IMG_4012.JPG
IMG_4013.JPG
IMG_4020.JPG
IMG_4019.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Damn this would look good in the garage, if i could actually fit another thing in there

Tinkerer

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a 335is for about a year but that is a beautiful car.
That car looks white. Too bad it isn't silver or black.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Great cars . It's a shame they don't hold there value better . Glwts

Tinkerer

Reaction score
How it was explained to me by the BMW salesman. ( poor resale value ) Most people that buy BMW's buy them new so when they go to sell them they have to price them where the average middle class person can afford them. I have a 2008 328xi with 32,000 miles. It looks and runs as new. ( I only drive it in the summer and it is not daily driven)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
How it was explained to me by the BMW salesman. ( poor resale value ) Most people that buy BMW's buy them new so when they go to sell them they have to price them where the average middle class person can afford them. I have a 2008 328xi with 32,000 miles. It looks and runs as new. ( I only drive it in the summer and it is not daily driven)

That's because he sells BMW's...and makes no sense when one considers that there are others cars in the price class that don't depreciate as rapidly.

The fact is, few cars depreciate as quickly as large German cars wearing Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi badges.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
That's because he sells BMW's...and makes no sense when one considers that there are others cars in the price class that don't depreciate as rapidly.

The fact is, few cars depreciate as quickly as large German cars wearing Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi badges.

Buying a new big body German car every 3 years is an exercise in efficiency - You would be hard pressed to find a more effective way to burn cash

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Of co
Buying a new big body German car every 3 years is an exercise in efficiency - You would be hard pressed to find a more effective way to burn cash

Of course buying a low mile bad ass CPO car after someone else took the huge hit can put a big smile on your or better yet your wifes face. :D
Bought her a 2 year old 30k mile 650i for just about a third of what it sold for new. She loves that car, and I dont mind driving it either.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Of co

Of course buying a low mile bad ass CPO car after someone else took the huge hit can put a big smile on your or better yet your wifes face. :D
Bought her a 2 year old 30k mile 650i for just about a third of what it sold for new. She loves that car, and I dont mind driving it either.

I’m on board with that plan! Hoping to do that myself soon

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I bought a 5 series for a work car...wife took over the car immediately and wants nothing else. I'm hoping to get it back one day when she's over it and put in a turbo LS!

They depreciate, but are fun cars and built well. I'm hoping to get her a 6 series next time. Very sporty!!!

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
Anything explained by any salesman should only be believed with great caution and reluctance.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Of co

My Olady always wanted a 750. I finally got her a 5 year old one, that stickered at 135k. I bought it for 35k. Totally fun to drive. If the turbos take a shit, then it’s worth only parts. We’ve had it like four years, and only put 4000 miles on it. The service ain’t cheap, the tires are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H2O

Reaction score

I find the used market is very efficient at pricing in the high cost of maintenance and repairs of modern German vehicles. (i.e look at resale value of a 5 or 10 year old BMW vs Lexus SUV, that originally sold for similar MSRP) Most modern Bimmers have the complexity of turbos and inferior gasket materials, but all the Germans have their specific issues.

<<-- owns (5) old Bimmers out of warranty

The upside is that you can buy a superb and efficient (relative to performance) vehicle, with amazing ride and drive, like the gorgeous 640i Gran Coupe shown here, for not a lot of coin.

I'd be interested if I had the space. GLWS!