WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bleeding Surge Brakes On Boat Trailer

Mikes56

Reaction score
So what’s the easiest way? I blew a tire on the way home from Havasu and it tore the brake line off the rear axle. It has brakes on the front and rear axles, on a triple axle trailer.

I‘m assuming it’s all tied together, so I’ll have to bled the front axles brakes too.

Im just glad it happened on the way home, so I didn‘t get water in the brake system while launching the boat.

Xring01

Reaction score
Depending your master cylinder on the trailer, some can be compressed with a long screw driver. You still need to people, one on the master cylinder and the other at the brake line. Which I have done several times.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
So what’s the easiest way? I blew a tire on the way home from Havasu and it tore the brake line off the rear axle. It has brakes on the front and rear axles, on a triple axle trailer.

I‘m assuming it’s all tied together, so I’ll have to bled the front axles brakes too.

Im just glad it happened on the way home, so I didn‘t get water in the brake system while launching the boat.
Motive Products - 0130 Boat Trailer Bleeder Kit https://a.co/d/7j9hwnZ

Super easy. Pressurize it, go open the bleeders one by one. Done.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
If you don’t have a bleeder , just raise front of boat slightly above wheel cylinders , open 1 bleeder screw at a time and let gravity work. . Close bleeder screws when only fluid appears with no air .

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Motive Products - 0130 Boat Trailer Bleeder Kit https://a.co/d/7j9hwnZ

Super easy. Pressurize it, go open the bleeders one by one. Done.
That’s a real nice one there, mine is similar but not as fancy looking. It’s 100$ at the end of the day but when you decide to flush your calipers in two years just because you realize how truly awesome it is to have one of these kits. Plus when your buddy asks for help and you say sure you’re buying the beer. Then sit and drink the beer while he does it alone with your tool, yup it’s that awesome.

Kahunajuice

Reaction score
If you don’t have a bleeder , just raise front of boat slightly above wheel cylinders , open 1 bleeder screw at a time and let gravity work. . Close bleeder screws when only fluid appears with no air .
Yeah, what he said.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Just use your hitch drawbar and maybe a cheater bar in it if you need to as a lever to pump the brakes. With a helper, if the bleeders aren’t frozen, should take less than 10 minutes.

wallnutz

Reaction score
That’s a real nice one there, mine is similar but not as fancy looking. It’s 100$ at the end of the day but when you decide to flush your calipers in two years just because you realize how truly awesome it is to have one of these kits. Plus when your buddy asks for help and you say sure you’re buying the beer. Then sit and drink the beer while he does it alone with your tool, yup it’s that awesome.
My tools have made me a lot of beer over the years😂😁🍻