WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best sushi around Honda center / angels stadium?

Tank

Reaction score
Here for a class. Figure I’ll try a good sushi place. Anything “amazing” around?

Badchoices03

Reaction score
This place is pretty good, everyone has different ideas of "amazing", but I have not heard any complaints about Koisan

Tank

Reaction score
This place is pretty good, everyone has different ideas of "amazing", but I have not heard any complaints about Koisan

Awesome!! Looks good. You know when a place has mostly pics of their fish instead of overly sauced rolls, it’s gonna be good. Couple blocks from where I’m staying too.

Appreciate it. I’ll report back 😁👍

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Awesome!! Looks good. You know when a place has mostly pics of their fish instead of overly sauced rolls, it’s gonna be good. Couple blocks from where I’m staying too.

Appreciate it. I’ll report back 😁👍

You would be nuts to go anywhere but this place. You’ll want but, not needed, reservations. It opens at 11:30 and people begin lining up at 11am. It’s that good.

golakers

Reaction score
WAZABI in OrangeI!!!! Koisan "was" the place to go....

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Alright. Guess I have some places to try. Thanks for asking tank. 🤣

ChrisV

Reaction score
87331E26-B17A-4258-88F5-F2C5B4FF3C11.png

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
haha place is good. Aint a place for rolls either. Its legit sushi.

No place better! Ken’s Japanese in Rancho Cucamonga is my other spot. Those two places have the best quality sushi.

golakers

Reaction score
Buddas Favorite in Newport is epic as well. If you have time

Tank

Reaction score
Think I’m gonna hit koisan tonight. Ohshima isn’t open Mondays. I’ll hit it tomorrow. 😁👍

Tank

Reaction score
We had Roy’s one night not far from the stadium. That have some sushi on the menu, and it was fantastic.

Gonna take my dad’s SEB buddy out to dinner one night. May hit this place. Thanks for the heads up Paul. 👍

sczagurs

Reaction score
I know It’s not sushi but if you want to try a good bbq place try Blakes Place.

Tank

Reaction score
Stay away from the Shell station on State College😀
Funny you mention that. It’s not officially a shell anymore. It’s all white. Not logos at all. Anywhere. You can tell it was a shell. But not anymore. Now it has no name but it’s open. Fuckin weird.

Tank

Reaction score
So, ended up going to Wazabi since it was like 2 miles from the hotel.

Sat at the bar. Think the chefs are tai. All good. Rare a sushi place has actual Japanese chefs.

Started with salmon and yellow tail belly sushi. Was a bit concerned as it was ok. Not great. Just ok.

The. Had the blue Fin sashimi and tuna belly. Hot damn! That shit was on POINT. the blue fin must’ve been cut right off near the belly because it has nice marbeling. The belly was off the chain. Served with real wasabi. Tasty.

Had an awesome roll which is soy paper with various fish, Jalepeno and lemon with celantro ponzu sauce. Insane. Then had an angry bird. Shrimp tempura and avacado inside. Soy paper with seard ahi and Jalepeno on top with a chili oil sauce. Killer.

Couple asahi’s to wash it down. Good to go!!

Overall. Place was killer. I’d definitely come again. Shit, I may. 😁👍

IMG_6662.jpeg
IMG_6663.jpeg
IMG_6664.jpeg
IMG_6665.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
By the way. Pleasantly surprised with the area around here. Clean, not crazy traffic, only saw one vagrant all day, nice mix of new building and old school stuff. Nice lay out. Shits cool.

golakers

Reaction score
So, ended up going to Wazabi since it was like 2 miles from the hotel.

Sat at the bar. Think the chefs are tai. All good. Rare a sushi place has actual Japanese chefs.

Started with salmon and yellow tail belly sushi. Was a bit concerned as it was ok. Not great. Just ok.

The. Had the blue Fin sashimi and tuna belly. Hot damn! That shit was on POINT. the blue fin must’ve been cut right off near the belly because it has nice marbeling. The belly was off the chain. Served with real wasabi. Tasty.

Had an awesome roll which is soy paper with various fish, Jalepeno and lemon with celantro ponzu sauce. Insane. Then had an angry bird. Shrimp tempura and avacado inside. Soy paper with seard ahi and Jalepeno on top with a chili oil sauce. Killer.

Couple asahi’s to wash it down. Good to go!!

Overall. Place was killer. I’d definitely come again. Shit, I may. 😁👍

View attachment 1389491 View attachment 1389492 View attachment 1389493 View attachment 1389500
If you want chill sports bar, Finneys is right by Wazabis. We eat down there a lot. Old Town is cool! A lot of cool places to eat.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Gonna take my dad’s SEB buddy out to dinner one night. May hit this place. Thanks for the heads up Paul. 👍
Remember that they have a dress code, otherwise they stick you in the bar.

Tank

Reaction score
If you want chill sports bar, Finneys is right by Wazabis. We eat down there a lot. Old Town is cool! A lot of cool places to eat.
I drove past a cool classic and sports car sales place down the street from Wazabi
I’m gonna go back and check out this week. That area is cool for sure.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Wazabi is good...I still think Koisan is much better, the food and the environment.but like I mentioned above, everyone has their "spot" and opinions....maybe give Koisan a try tonight for a comparison...

Tank

Reaction score
Wazabi is good...I still think Koisan is much better, the food and the environment.but like I mentioned above, everyone has their "spot" and opinions....maybe give Koisan a try tonight for a comparison...
That’s the plan. They weren’t open
Yesterday. Ill Roll Over today.

WYRD

Reaction score
Hooters is right around the corner

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
My recommendation for laid back Japanese food. Cold beer, good sake lineup. Yakitori is my go-to there. Get a booth in the back and go to town. 🍻

2980 Yorba Linda Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831

Tank

Reaction score
Taco Los cholos for the best tacos!!!
Funny, dude in my class lives here and told me we’re going there tomorrow for lunch.

Then I’m heading over to HB to go to dinner with my dad’s old LASD SEB partner. Don’t know where though.

Tank

Reaction score
Koisan was tasty. Don’t know which I liked better. They were both very good.

Had Garlic albacore (just ok)

Salmon special with avocado and white onion in ponzu (killer!!)

Yellowtail (good)

911 roll - spicy tuna, cucumber wrapped avacado with Jalepeno and spicy mayo. (Damn tasty)

Mango salmon. Spicy crab, avocados in. Samples and mango out with wire onion tomato and celantro and ponzu drizzle. (Pretty good)

Jumbo scallop (killer!!)

Blue fin tuna (amazing).

IMG_6672.jpeg
IMG_6675.jpeg
IMG_6674.jpeg
IMG_6676.jpeg
IMG_6673.jpeg

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Funny, dude in my class lives here and told me we’re going there tomorrow for lunch.

Then I’m heading over to HB to go to dinner with my dad’s old LASD SEB partner. Don’t know where though.
Couple blocks up stop at Angelo’s for a beer.

Tank

Reaction score
Cortinas is legit. I can Walk over from my office. I go once a week.
You in loto or you around? I’m hitting tacos Los cholos tomorrow for lunch and then dinner in HB. But if you’re around Thursday I’ll buy you lunch. Would love to chat about loto and what not.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Hit Dukes for dinner I’m sure you have been to a Dukes before but the best view. Or Fred’s for Mexican still good view.

Tank

Reaction score
Hit Dukes for dinner I’m sure you have been to a Dukes before but the best view. Or Fred’s for Mexican still good view.
I’m letting him pick. We’ll see where we end up.

golakers

Reaction score
You in loto or you around? I’m hitting tacos Los cholos tomorrow for lunch and then dinner in HB. But if you’re around Thursday I’ll buy you lunch. Would love to chat about loto and what not.
Pm sent

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
lol I don’t get out much. I live across the street from Koisan and never go. Wazabi once a month and Sakuraya up in the Orange Hills is my normal go to.

Thanks for coming here @Tank, expanding my restaurant options haha

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
asshole. now I want sushi...and tacos.

Tank

Reaction score
@Tank howwas tacos los cholos?
Duuuuuude….off the hook killer. I had a papa loco and 4 tacos. Pastor, pollo and filet minot. Thought the papa loco was gonna be a potato taco but it’s actually a baked potato bbq’d then fried cheese on top and sour cream and your choice of meat. Dude with me had the cholo bowl which looked fantastic as well.

Place was killer. I’m
Going back next week

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Duuuuuude….off the hook killer. I had a papa loco and 4 tacos. Pastor, pollo and filet minot. Thought the papa loco was gonna be a potato taco but it’s actually a baked potato bbq’d then fried cheese on top and sour cream and your choice of meat. Dude with me had the cholo bowl which looked fantastic as well.

Place was killer. I’m
Going back next week
Awesome!!!! Glad you liked it. Def a big favorite of mine. The papa loko is da bombs

The Mexican pizza is awesome too. Be sure to try all their salsas. They have a spicy one behind counter you have to ask for