WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best stationary bike under 1000$

Duramax

Reaction score
This is for my wife. I am looking at the ProForm Carbon CX for $600, no screen but a tablet holder. The Carbon c10 is the older version with screen for $8-900, but it's no longer made so that's a negative for me.

Anyone have any info or real world experience?

oldschool

Reaction score
I bought a used spin bike from a local gym for $150, it’s awesome. Check with one of you local gyms, bet they would move some of the bikes they aren’t using.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
My wife bought a $350 spin bike that was on sale on black friday for like $230.

Bought a 40" smart tv and use it with the peloton app. She seems happy the real deal peloton she had access to was cool but this is a good option that doesent cost 2k.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Why not get a road bike and a stationary stand for indoor training.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

Better yet just get outside and ride.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion it is the best without a tablet. She has all of her workouts ready on her ipad so she wants one without a screen. Let me know if you find anything else.

I ordered last night. I also got a 10” android tablet for $120. Depending on where my wife uses it we could cast the workout to the tv in the room.

There are cheaper solutions you can piece together, especially if she is going to do preplanned workouts on a tablet. If you want to do interactive sessions You won’t have the remote controlled tension adjustment if you care about such things.

golakers

Reaction score
Look for a used 1st gen Peleton. They are out there for about $1000

motormonkey

Reaction score

I had one of those for a bit. It does nothing other than you can use your own bike.
You really need a exercise bike made for resistance.

motormonkey

Reaction score
really? Has all the resistance you need. You have to change gears and not just you the climbing gear to make it easy.
I should have clarified haha For me it didn't give the same workout a exercise bike does. Also it was wobbly for me.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Second gen Pelotons are out. You should be bale to pick up a used 1st gen on the cheap as people will upgrade. Ive been on a few stationary bikes. We've had a Peloton for 2 years now. Its well worth the money. Its a quality bike and the classes/programing is excellent. We have nearly 1,000 rides on ours and no issue.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I had one of those for a bit. It does nothing other than you can use your own bike.
You really need a exercise bike made for resistance.

No true. I used a Kinetic for years for training all winter with Trainer Road. Change gears for more resistance.

The best thing to buy would be a Wahoo and put your own bike on, but a Kinetic with your own bike is a close second.

Edit, sorry, I saw you already replied do someone else who said the same thing. Again, I used a Kinetic road machine for years and won a lot of races and gained a lot of fitness using it. Still have one and literally just sold my spare about two weeks ago for a 100.00. They are great quality and will last for years.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That looks like a chassis dyno for a bicycle :)

I thought of this but don't have the bike for it either lol.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I bought the echelon for the wife and she loves it. Its a very well built product and solid. They have their own "app" thats like $34.99 a month and has plenty of live stream events and on demand stuff as well. So far shes been engaged and doing one or sometimes two a day.

When I bought it, it was on sale for $799.

2Driver

Reaction score
Ive tried trainers and hate them.

I got a gym quality IC6 with the 2 tablets off Craigslist for 895, it was brand new. Its absolutely the best. It comes loaded with hundreds of rides, also includes coaching rides both in class setting and on the actual road around the world. We have even vacationed in spots we found out about through riding it.

This is what we bought, but off craigslist.

LIFEFITNESS IC6 INDOOR CYCLE W/ FREE MYRIDE TABLET - Spokane Exercise Equipment

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

motormonkey

Reaction score
Ok, I ran one for a couple of years. I got turned on to them from a bike racer. I know a lot of them use them at meets for warmup.
Things I didnt like were I had to make a pad to level bike, it would rock with me on it, It doesn't free wheel, it tore up my bike because it was a constant drag on the wheel. Chains, tire, derailer, crank set. If I had a sponsor than that could have made it worth it and I didn't need it for travel/warm ups. It was for endurance training for me. I also hated dragging my dirty bike into the house. It also seemed harder on the knees.
Same guy ( who mountain bike races all over) later put me into a exercise bike. It just worked better for me and it was easier on the knees, a smoother workout, It felt better.
I was too short with my initial reply and should have said they don't work for me.

AzMandella

Reaction score
Blackburn Track Stand Ultra is what I use . Mimics the road perfectly . It has a spring loaded clutch that the faster you spin the more resistance it creates . So in otherwords you do not have to change gears to increase resistance . Same gear gives more resistance the faster you spin . Just like being on the road . Also get some Chris Charmichael videos and see if you can keep up with them .

2Driver

Reaction score

I literally found this exact model in the dumpster at our mt bike trail head.

Duramax

Reaction score
I think I am going to pull the trigger on the ProForm today. I have done enough research to make my head spin.

DanG

Reaction score
I purchased a Sunny on Amazon for like $350 back in April thinking it was good enough to hold us over for a couple months until the Covid BS was over.....9 months later wife and I are still riding it. I purchased this one due to the 50lb flywheel weight. The heavier flywheel makes a difference and is a smooth ride. Though the tension adjustment is not great, but you get used to how to work it. You can buy a generic handlebar mount for a tablet or stream to your tv if you want to watch Peleton videos, etc. Again, I went on the cheap as it was a temporary solution until the gyms opened back up. Overall I am happy with the purchase and quality and it has suited our needs for minimal expense.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Got the Proform Carbon CX delivered early on the 21st, way ahead of schedule. They didn’t even tell me it shipped, it just showed up. It was good it got here, but if I hadn’t been around that would have been a fiasco with it sitting on the porch.

Considering this comes with 1 year free of the iFit app (like $400) I thought this is an ok deal for $599 shipped.

It is a nice bike, seems very solid, and is very quiet. I am going to upgrade the seat though.

I bought a Vankyo S30 10.1” Android tablet to use with it. The tablet was $118 on Christmas sale and is actually a pretty good tablet.

The bike works normally without the tablet and has a small display. The bike connects via Bluetooth to the tablet or phone and you can see your stats or control the tension via your device.

Last edited: