WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best propeller service in S. Cal?

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
I have a BBlades that needs service, no real damage, just a ding here and there from 5 years of use, sometimes in the 100 mph range.
Hill is no longer around, hats he next best thing?

Thanks

rivergames

Reaction score
I have a BBlades that needs service, no real damage, just a ding here and there from 5 years of use, sometimes in the 100 mph range.

Thanks

As far as I know he is still around for props?

My brother has been working with him on props for his mini

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Thanks

I heard not long ago that Hill is still around but Ron doesn't do much himself now. It's mostly his son from what I was told.

JJK94

Reaction score
He is still around and there was a review not too long ago posted here

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
As far as I know he is still around for props?

My brother has been working with him on props for his mini

Hmmm, I went there like 8 or so years ago, and he said he was closing shop, I'll look them up, Bronson hill or something like that.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Bryan repaired my prop last year and I was extremely happy with the service. I did make the mistake of telling him I wasn't in a hurry which resulted in him taking 6-8 weeks to repair my prop.

I use Valley propeller in Ventura , Bryan does great work

TCHB

Reaction score
I have always taken mine to Hill in Santa Ana.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Wilmington propeller is closest to me. Used them several times over the last 15 years.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hill has done 2 props for me, one was just in August. They are still in Santa Ana.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Hills. Did a great job on my props. So good I thought they were new exchanges.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Cutting edge did mine in 2 hours. Solid work.

HitIt

Reaction score
Agree about Valley prop. I mangled a bravo and he did a great job fixing it. Tell him you need it in 2 weeks so you can pick it up in 4.

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
Since hill is still around, and like 4 miles from my new office, they get the work, now if they can turn my 32 into a 34,,,, lol.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
I just used Hill a couple months ago. Lightly dinged up a Bravo 4 blade and they got it looking way better than new. Did a few mods to get more rpm out of the motor too. To repair, lab and Polish was $160. I feel that was more than fair.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Thanks

Just to be clear Bronson/Hill is different then Hill propellers.. Hill propellers (Ron Hill and now Chad / Hill is still very much in business, and one of the largest propeller shops in the country to my knowledge)

RD

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Cutting Edge in Santa Ana. He has done maybe a dozen props for me in the last 3 or so years. Including some trick 22" dia 4 blades off our Ocean Cat. He was a third the price of Wilmington Propellers.

I tried to use Hill once and they had a pretty long wait. They deal with all the race crowd and that group comes 1st. Very much in business.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Agree about Valley prop. I mangled a bravo and he did a great job fixing it. Tell him you need it in 2 weeks so you can pick it up in 4.
I've used them a number of times (Argh!) Fast and they give a computer balanced readout. Always been about a week +a few days for shipping.

Aaron

Reaction score
Hill Marine in Santa Ana. Chad will take care of you. He has done both my props and has done an amazing job. I think their prices are very fair and their work is awesome

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
Since hill is still around, and like 4 miles from my new office, they get the work, now if they can turn my 32 into a 34,,,, lol.

Ok, it's at cutting edge, place looks like a shit hole, but was told by someone I trust, aggie knows what he is doing, just getting a couple of dings fixed, not going to let someone f-up what magic BBlades has put into it.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Ok, it's at cutting edge, place looks like a shit hole, but was told by someone I trust, aggie knows what he is doing, just getting a couple of dings fixed, not going to let someone f-up what magic BBlades has put into it.

Don't sweat his shop. It definitely isn't the prettiest but Augustine is really great.