Reaction score
Does anyone here deal in cruisers?

Or are you looking to get rid of one?

Would absolutely love an OG Bassett or a Schwinn

Thanks in advance

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Not a Scwhinn but I have one of these and have been pretty happy with it. I had a several thousand dollar road bike stolen from a beach house I rented in HB and vowed to never spend more than a few hundred bucks on a bike after that. The Firmstrong met my budget and gets a LOT of compliments.

Firmstrong Black Rock Men's Single Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle, 29-Inch, Matte Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9CKM6A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QzVyDbF3FKQ0A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Dude....duuuhh....you're in HB.....even I rolled down to your neck of the woods to get the wife's cruiser....:D.......on Main St. Yo........ https://www.hbbcinc.com/

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
And good luck spending less than a fortune on a Bassett......OG Schwinns you can find all day long on CL or other spots......prolly in the $300 range. More if it's a true Chicago frame. The Skull Bones cruisers at the place above are pretty cool. Basic bike 200-300.....then you can start throwing parts at it to pimp it out....like a boat. :D

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Go on Offer Up or LetGo. There are a ton for sale. They usually sell around .50 on the dollar. I'm looking for a Big Ripper 29 myself.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Hyper Bike Co. great looks, and solid feel. Got them for under $150 ea, and ride the crap out of them. Mostly drunk at night. Lol

FE8D11CF-C254-4FC0-A000-17527C7018D9.jpeg
916FA2C9-2E04-4490-8E36-FD5EA0145AA2.jpeg

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Not a Schwinn or Basset but I've been kicking around getting something different. I'd be willing to part with this Dyno Deuce if you are interested. All original and in good shape.

**Beer holder and parrot not included.

Dyno.jpg

Beautiful Noise

Reaction score
Had this exact Bike till I loan it out and never got it back ......It was left outside and got all rusted up ☹️ Are you going to sell it ?
Not a Schwinn or Basset but I've been kicking around getting something different. I'd be willing to part with this Dyno Deuce if you are interested. All original and in good shape.

**Beer holder and parrot not included.

View attachment 791462

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Had this exact Bike till I loan it out and never got it back ......It was left outside and got all rusted up ☹️ Are you going to sell it ?

I think $150 would persuade me to let it go. It has some minor over spray thanks to my painters that knocked the cover off while painting baseboard in my garage. The over spray would likely come off but I've never tried.

Its all original (even tires) and is rarely used. Few scuffs here and there and the seat has a small tear (see pic above). I'm in West Garden Grove and will be in Parker this weekend. Shoot me a PM if interested.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The older stuff is bitchen but its heavy. Our schwinn tandem has gotta weigh 100 lbs.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
A friend owns a bike shop in Artesia. Big Wheel Bikes, call and ask for Kendall. Tell him Wheeler sent you.

Kendall will be in parker this weekend passing out a couple thousand jello shots at the lower sandbar.

Backlash

Reaction score
I like the frame design of the Souls, but I wish I could have one without the fat tire.

Reactions: DLC

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Got an Electra Straight 8. Has a 3 speed with coaster brake & has 3" Fato" tires. Coolest bike around, always get thumbs up. Except from the sea gulls, Had one swoop down headon into my forks on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. this year. :)

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Does anyone here deal in cruisers?

Or are you looking to get rid of one?

Would absolutely love an OG Bassett or a Schwinn

Thanks in advance

Have an older Schwinn cruiser I’d like to get rid of... moving this week. Maybe early 80’s late 70’s ish. I’m off England St below Adams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
There is a guy that started making the Bassett's again, shop in Riverside.
https://bassettbmx.com

Bill H owns the shop. Paul Bassett actually welds them up, everything is custom. Super cool, Really high quality USA built custom stuff. I'm looking to build number 2 soon.

They do still offer the super star frame, it can be built as a beach cruiser or old school bmx style.

If I'm drunk bar hopping, I'd probably want the cheapest thing possible though, they get stolen, lost, beat up.

Bassett and Craig Turners are the nicest stuff out there, would make me sick to have one disappear.

Reactions: DLC

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Is it for show or a bar hopper? You live in HB, and I'm sure you know better than to leave a nice cruiser out while visiting DT.... I've had several friends get jacked, and now they just ride pieces of crap off craigslist.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I got my diamondback from the number 3 lane of the 215 in San Bernardino. Little tear on the seat everything else fine. Keep looking you never know what you can find.

E4L

Reaction score
Hands down my Electra is still my most comfortable bike yet. I have a SE I have a Bassett and I have a Craig Turner. My Bassett and CT aren’t put together yet. Hopefully soon

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Hands down my Electra is still my most comfortable bike yet. I have a SE I have a Bassett and I have a Craig Turner. My Bassett and CT aren’t put together yet. Hopefully soon

Jeezus christ....you have all these bikes....I thought your crippled ass couldn't ride? :D

Reactions: E4L

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
A friend owns a bike shop in Artesia. Big Wheel Bikes, call and ask for Kendall. Tell him Wheeler sent you.

Kendall will be in parker this weekend passing out a couple thousand jello shots at the lower sandbar.

Was this bike shop originally on Pioneer Blvd, in old town Artesia? Nearly across from the Dutch Bakery?

My brother and I both got ( for Christmas) Magnum Strokers, by Two Wheelers? In the mid seventies. I still have mine.

Dan'l

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I got my diamondback from the number 3 lane of the 215 in San Bernardino. Little tear on the seat everything else fine. Keep looking you never know what you can find.
A friend found an ebike on ragsdale rd. Must of jumped t
Was this bike shop originally on Pioneer Blvd, in old town Artesia? Nearly across from the Dutch Bakery?

My brother and I both got ( for Christmas) Magnum Strokers, by Two Wheelers? In the mid seventies. I still have mine.

Dan'l

Two Wheelers as in me and my brother?

Ill ask Kendall about any former locations.

Socalx09

Reaction score
C6199E6F-3188-4EE1-A71C-E4424A3289A1.jpeg

I have a baby blue Electra. If you want it or anyone else. I was suppose to get rid of it a year ago. Needs a little tlc. corona/norco
May have a Schwinn in storage. I believe it’s a burnt orange color if it’s still in there. I’ll check tomorrow.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Just saw a real nice black basset 29er on Instagram. Fresh build. Price right around $1850 IIRC

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I still ride my Schwinn cruzer that I bought new in the 80's. OK so I mostly ride it at Burning Man...........

mbrown2

Reaction score
Felt...They make great cruisers... These are a couple of mine I converted to suicide 3 speed shifters...
Bikes.jpg

ssc

Reaction score
photo (1).JPG
photo (2).JPG
photo (4).JPG
photo.JPG
I ride vintage pre-war schwinn's. Sold all my post war schwinns. I also have 4 electra townies and mountain bikes. My favorite is my 1939 schwinn motorbike which is pictured with the HB pier in the background. The bike with the cream colored tires is my 1941 and the green bike is my 1950, which I sold to a buddy.
Cheers, Steve

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Reactions: ssc

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I am building a Bassett in the near future to add to my collection of 15 bicycles :D They are bitchen. I have lots of parts, but I have not ordered the frame yet as I am back and forth on what one I want. Gonna do the 29er though.

Honestly though, who needs fat tires for going around the neighborhood or bar to bar? I ride every day of the week and narrow tires are so much faster and easier to get around on. Nobody is riding on the sand with beach cruisers as they were intended I guess? A good 700c commuter bike is way better for cruising around the city or short distances. Living in Redondo and Manhattan Beach for years; fat tired beach cruisers are what everyone rode, but after you ride a bike with 700c wheels and narrower street specific tires you will realize how much faster and easier they are to get around on. I can wheelie my commuters for blocks, go off curbs and even ride dirt roads and such on them. You don't need those fat tires.

Something like this Creme or one of the many others around. Cool looking and inexpensive. Nice to have some racks and shit too to carry stuff. https://cremecyclesusa.com/collections/mens-bicycles/products/cafe-racer-mens-solo-3-speed

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
View attachment 792123
I have a baby blue Electra. If you want it or anyone else. I was suppose to get rid of it a year ago. Needs a little tlc. corona/norco
May have a Schwinn in storage. I believe it’s a burnt orange color if it’s still in there. I’ll check tomorrow.
If it's an old skool Schwinn....lemme know wassup....:D

E4L

Reaction score
Someone should get that Electra as well it’s a 3speed nice comfortable cruiser

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I picked this up locally 2nd hand and its been cool to roll around on. Rode it from the skate park at Rotary through the Channel to Javalina's and back a few times with friends for happy hour

81lOmgbjuZL._SL1500_.jpg