WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Be careful at Padres games!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
As some of you may have seen on our socials, our Yukon was vandalized at the Padres game last Friday. It was an awesome day of travel baseball, just the wife, middle boy and I. Day was capped off by a treat for him to see his favorite MLB team and walk on the field with his team!!

It was an EPIC game, but when we got to the truck and were ready to head home, we found both tires on the drivers side were flat. Initially I thought that someone let the air out, but when the tow truck finally got there, close to midnight, we found out they were slashed.

Had to get towed all the way home from SD to Temecula, not arriving until almost 2am.

We were parked in the Lexus Premier Lot ($50 to park there). They had cameras and pulled the footage of some homeless fuck, riding up on a scooter, circling the truck, then slashing the tires and riding away.

20240705_213429.jpg
20240705_234305.jpg
20240705_211900.jpg
20240706_013547.jpg

Attachments

• 20240706_013552.jpg
    20240706_013552.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
So they refunded us our parking fee.....gee thanks!!!

$500 deductible with AAA and they are talking like they will only replace the 2 tires. Anyone ever had to deal with this? Tires have 15k miles on them, replacing 2 is a shitty program as they are already 1/3 of the way through their life.

Am I off base for wanting all 4 covered??

Will be trying to get my deductible reimbursed by Padres or ACE parking, that's why we are going this route. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Your ad here

Reaction score
I can't remember to well but I wanna say I've read somewhere that tires with uneven tread wear (depth) can cause a safety hazard with some computer safety system in the vehicle as all the tires won't be rotating at the same rate. Now the vehicle has to have such a safety system and yours looks pretty fancy.

Singleton

Reaction score
Bad news.
Two older tires will rotate to the front (passenger front to driver front, pass rear to pass front), 2 new tires to the rear.
Insurance will not replace the 2 that were not cut - been there, tried that.

Cheaper to just get the 2 tires and not go through insurance.
You will not see anything from the parking company. Fine print says, not responsible for any damage.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
As some of you may have seen on our socials, our Yukon was vandalized at the Padres game last Friday. It was an awesome day of travel baseball, just the wife, middle boy and I. Day was capped off by a treat for him to see his favorite MLB team and walk on the field with his team!!

It was an EPIC game, but when we got to the truck and were ready to head home, we found both tires on the drivers side were flat. Initially I thought that someone let the air out, but when the tow truck finally got there, close to midnight, we found out they were slashed.

Had to get towed all the way home from SD to Temecula, not arriving until almost 2am.

We were parked in the Lexus Premier Lot ($50 to park there). They had cameras and pulled the footage of some homeless fuck, riding up on a scooter, circling the truck, then slashing the tires and riding away.

View attachment 1398312 View attachment 1398314 View attachment 1398315 View attachment 1398316
Basically what @Singleton said. Are you off base wanting all 4 to match? No. Are they going to pay for it? No. Sucks big time, pay out of pocket and move on. Easy for me to say, I know.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Bad news.
Two older tires will rotate to the front (passenger front to driver front, pass rear to pass front), 2 new tires to the rear.
Insurance will not replace the 2 that were not cut - been there, tried that.

Cheaper to just get the 2 tires and not go through insurance.
You will not see anything from the parking company. Fine print says, not responsible for any damage.
I get the fine print, but I will always shoot my shot. Include some pics of my kid in his gear, show a Pic of him playing earlier in the day, write a well put together email about our love for baseball.....etc. what's the worst they can say? No?

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Bummer! Been season ticket holder including parking for that lot for 15yrs never had a problem. But it’s only a matter of time the area around that parking lot and the drive in is scetchy as hell!!!

JM21

Reaction score
What a bunch of shit Joe.

We went to a game a few weeks ago. San Diego has become a shit hole just like LA and San Fran. We could not believe the amount of homeless from the 5 to the stadium on Imperial drive. They have their own power, blue tooth speakers, wheel chairs etc etc and the cops do nothing.

I took my family from out of town down to The Embarcadero last week to do tourist stuff. Unreal the amount of Homeless that now congregate on Harbor dr peddling for money. I was scared to park at the meters without my new truck getting windows broken.

Bidens america and Newsome's state. Vote properly.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So they refunded us our parking fee.....gee thanks!!!

$500 deductible with AAA and they are talking like they will only replace the 2 tires. Anyone ever had to deal with this? Tires have 15k miles on them, replacing 2 is a shitty program as they are already 1/3 of the way through their life.

Am I off base for wanting all 4 covered??

Will be trying to get my deductible reimbursed by Padres or ACE parking, that's why we are going this route. Any advice would be appreciated!!!
You’re not going to get all 4, covered, outside the tow I wouldn’t want the claim with how high our rates have went…

4 brand new big-o AT tires will not be crazy @LakeMead Boater and they are far better than those continentals.

When are we going to find this homeless dude and shit in his booze/meth cooler? 💀

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Is the Yukon AWD? When I needed tires on my Acadia Denali, GMC recommended that all 4 be replaced, as the differential and the computer work together to send the right amount of torque to each wheel to minimize slippage and maximize control. If one of the tires is a different size than the others -- because three tires are worn and one is brand new -- the computer will take an incorrect reading and the differential will work too hard. Drive this way long enough and you'll burn out the drivetrain.

Explaining this, and getting proof from the dealer, might get them to cover all 4 tires.

Singleton

Reaction score
I get the fine print, but I will always shoot my shot. Include some pics of my kid in his gear, show a Pic of him playing earlier in the day, write a well put together email about our love for baseball.....etc. what's the worst they can say? No?

As I age, my time is worth more to me :)
your just going to get frustrated even more.

Then again, I am the guy who was fired by my dentist. Dentist overcharged me by $200 (had to pay at time of service vs once claim was processed) and when I called them out on it and demanded a refund not a credit and bitched out the admin lady for refusing to give me a credit, I was fired via a certified letter a month later. Still waiting for my refund.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
What a bunch of shit Joe.

We went to a game a few weeks ago. San Diego has become a shit hole just like LA and San Fran. We could not believe the amount of homeless from the 5 to the stadium on Imperial drive. They have their own power, blue tooth speakers, wheel chairs etc etc and the cops do nothing.

I took my family from out of town down to The Embarcadero last week to do tourist stuff. Unreal the amount of Homeless that now congregate on Harbor dr peddling for money. I was scared to park at the meters without my new truck getting windows broken.

Bidens america and Newsome's state. Vote properly.
It's so bad man!!
Is the Yukon AWD? When I needed tires on my Acadia Denali, GMC recommended that all 4 be replaced, as the differential and the computer work together to send the right amount of torque to each wheel to minimize slippage and maximize control. If one of the tires is a different size than the others -- because three tires are worn and one is brand new -- the computer will take an incorrect reading and the differential will work too hard. Drive this way long enough and you'll burn out the drivetrain.

Explaining this, and getting proof from the dealer, might get them to cover all 4 tires.
It is 4WD but not AWD

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Go to the next game and hunt that pos down
Throw his scooter in a dumpster.
Being the surving poor has its pluses. I drives an old ass avalon or a 10 year old camry to sketchy places. My Tundra stays behind my gates.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
All parking lot outfits put the “we have no responsibility for any theft or damage to your vehicle”, but they do have a liability to make sure isn’t damaged. Probably a well-written letter from an attorney would get you the reimbursement you’re looking for.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
That is why I always have a 3rd crapper car. I bought base model Honda Accord for racking on the miles when showings homes, but also use it for going to Mexico. Downtown has gotten so bad that I will only take the crapper car there. We don't have a homeless problem, we have a major drug problem.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You must of had the “actually show up” coverage.
Well it took them almost 3 hours and then once we were in the truck, heading home, we had to stop in the middle of the freeway to put someone's spare on. At that point my cocktail was running low, Zyn was gone and I was ready to lose it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well it took them almost 3 hours and then once we were in the truck, heading home, we had to stop in the middle of the freeway to put someone's spare on. At that point my cocktail was running low, Zyn was gone and I was ready to lose it.
Guess you didn’t see the shit show I went through a few weeks back. I called AAA and they never showed up. Had to call another company and pay on my dime. Then had to argue to get reimbursement.

Shit another members Expedition burnt the ground the other day. So Atleast we both still have our vehicles. Could be worse.

Richard.E

Reaction score
The zyn shortage is a crisis

Orange Juice

Reaction score
That is why I always have a 3rd crapper car. I bought base model Honda Accord for racking on the miles when showings homes, but also use it for going to Mexico. Downtown has gotten so bad that I will only take the crapper car there. We don't have a homeless problem, we have a major drug problem.
And alcohol. 😉

PlanB

Reaction score
That sucks! When I had season tickets, I would drive to the Carlsbad coaster station and take that downtown and then hop on the trolley to the stadium. I have actually ridden my Harley to a game and parked it in the structure across from Petco, but I would not do that now with all the homeless shitbags down there.

DLC

Reaction score
I’ve got a nice Knife….

Im willing to hit the other 2 tires for ya….. What are friends for! Right

lol

That just sucks ! What a terrible ending to a great day !

Wonder how often that happens down there

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The Homeless have gotten more brazen & vindictive. They used to be camped out near the trolley lines across from the convention center but city has displaced/dispersed them in some manner.
I keep thinking about how much help these people could get if the gabillion dollars allocated to "not our war" was dispersed to our own citizens.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The Homeless have gotten more brazen & vindictive. They used to be camped out near the trolley lines across from the convention center but city has displaced/dispersed them in some manner.
I keep thinking about how much help these people could get if the gabillion dollars allocated to "not our war" was dispersed to our own citizens.

According to the heritage foundation, $22 trillion has been spent on the war on poverty since LBJ. This isn't a funding issue

Badchoices03

Reaction score
All the parking lots around Petco are full of homeless, I had a guy come up and ask if he could have the can I was drinking from when I was done with it, then proceeded to just stand there staring at us waiting for me to finish my beer…

white tortilla

Reaction score
This is my take from RDP:

"Two of my tires are destroyed. I want all four replaced."

Also my take from RDP:

"WTH? Why are insurance rates increasing every year? This is bullshit!"

The stories write themselves.

I guess I’m in the minority I would never have thought to call my insurance company for flat tires. But I’m very claim sensitive. Same goes for windshields and wiper blades.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I guess I’m in the minority I would never have thought to call my insurance company for flat tires. But I’m very claim sensitive. Same goes for windshields and wiper blades.

Same here.. my dually is getting fixed from my trailer popping off the ball and I’ll pay cash.. not dealing with insurance unless I absolutely have too..

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Do the certs from Americas tire cover slashed tires? I usually have the certs and then I think you just pay to buy the cert on the new tires

Singleton

Reaction score
Do the certs from Americas tire cover slashed tires? I usually have the certs and then I think you just pay to buy the cert on the new tires

I don’t think so, but never have asked.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t think so, but never have asked.
My guys in Norco are pretty cool. I think the manager would do it and just say I hit something on the road with a wink or something but ya I’ve never tried. Only time my tires were slashed were on the work truck from the foreman I had to lay off. I liked him too 😂