WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Baja bug parts

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy original parts for my 62 VW? And where do you guys buy offroad stuff for the VW?

SofaKingFast

Reaction score
If you are looking for Originals you can look at bfy obsolete parts in orange, ca. For off road there is Moore parts, vw parts unlimited, mckenzies. It all depends on how big you want to go. What stuff are you looking for

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
well for starters is a original turn signal switch for a 62. ive seen a couple and they are like a hundered bucks. seems high.

SofaKingFast

Reaction score
That seems right. Original stuff is super hard to find and when you do find it, typically it's expensive. If you are making a baja bug then screw original. If you are going to restore the 62 then plan on spending a lot of money. I have been around VW my whole life and I have yet to "restore" one due to the extreme cost. My street cars would have bigger motors 48idas stronger trans and the only thing really stock would have been seats and body. The off road cars I have had are typically wired with switches and after market stuff and very limited in the OG parts.

teded

Reaction score
Pomona swap meet in the vw section. Built a Manx out of a 69 bug with parts from there.

---
- Sent from my iPhone usi

Sent from space somehow

yard dog

Reaction score
Here are few more , airheads parts, dans performance parts, deals parts, eis parts , pacific customs . I have used all of the above the for my baja built, dans performance parts has some good prices on parts . all on the web so you look at what they have in parts that you can use for your baja .