Richcat861

Reaction score
Screenshot_2018-06-05-07-43-09.png
Screenshot_2018-06-05-07-42-01.png
20180604_180251.jpg

Last edited:

Richcat861

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the proper fuel pressure sending unit for my autometer pro comp marine 15psi fuel pressure gauge,it's a carb set up seen a few different ones canister style looking oil pressure sender/fuel sender not sure which is compatible thanks in advance.

waterhorse

Reaction score
For a carb setup you should be running 5 -7 psi fuel pump pressure. So if the sending unit matched your gauge from 0 -15 psi range would be ideal.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the proper fuel pressure sending unit for my autometer pro comp marine 15psi fuel pressure gauge,it's a carb set up seen a few different ones canister style looking oil pressure sender/fuel sender not sure which is compatible thanks in advance.
This one says it's a 15 psi sender
Screenshot_20180605-093854.png

ramos45

Reaction score
I know this isn't answering the OP question, BUT, have you considered running a mechanical gauge with a fuel rated hose running from carb fuel rail to the dash? This is how I'm set up and works awesome.

waterhorse

Reaction score
I know this isn't answering the OP question, BUT, have you considered running a mechanical gauge with a fuel rated hose running from carb fuel rail to the dash? This is how I'm set up and works awesome.
I would strongly suggest going to a wired sending unit due to any leak in the fuel line from the pump to the passenger area can be a very dangerous condition.

Richcat861

Reaction score
Screenshot_2018-06-05-11-39-27.png
My current gauge on dash is a electronic wired style was hoping to use it,I have seen other carb motor set ups using the bigger canister style sending unit just wasn't sure who makes them or if oil pressure sending unit are being used for fuel pressure readings,like one in picture has signal wire in center then a ground wire on back side.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
View attachment 651701 My current gauge on dash is a electronic wired style was hoping to use it,I have seen other carb motor set ups using the bigger canister style sending unit just wasn't sure who makes them or if oil pressure sending unit are being used for fuel pressure readings,like one in picture has signal wire in center then a ground wire on back side.

Call Autometer, and tell them you have a short sweep, 1-15 PSI fuel pressure gauge and need the sender. They will at minimum give you the part number, or even sell you one.

Richcat861

Reaction score
Call Autometer, and tell them you have a short sweep, 1-15 PSI fuel pressure gauge and need the sender. They will at minimum give you the part number, or even sell you one.
I spoke to autometer and tech said obsolete no longer sell the fuel pressure sending unit.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
this one is possibly it. the 2245 sender states for full sweep.

the 2290 says this on summits site "This sensor is not resistance based. It is a linear analog voltage output from 0.5-4.5 V."

https://www.summitracing.com/compare

Those older short sweep gauges used the cheaper canister style pressure senders, like he put up in his picture.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Bummer looks like the 2290 autometer sending unit is a 3 wire plug,back of my gauge is just signal wire and ground,wonder if a oil pressure sending unit would work.
Yea. All those short sweep gauges use single wire senders.

An oil pressure sender could work, it also could make the gauge act erratically. I am certain something out there could be made to work.

Richcat861

Reaction score
Those older short sweep gauges used the cheaper canister style pressure senders, like he put up in his picture.
The canister one I posted a picture of on autometer website says oil pressure sending unit wonder if it would work.

jones performance

Reaction score
i also found this on a camaro forum

For all those with Autometer fuel gauges***RECALL NOTICE***
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
Auto Meter Products, Inc.
"SHORT-SWEEP" FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE AND SENDER

Auto Meter Products, Inc. of Sycamore, Illinois is issuing a product recall for the automotive gauge/instrument commonly known as the "Electronic Short Sweep Fuel Pressure Gauge" (See Model Numbers Below). Auto Meter Products, Inc. has determined a pattern of failure resulting from an sender unit defect in these gauges. In keeping with Auto Meter’s long standing Product Warranty program, a recall of all electronic "short-sweep" fuel pressure gauges and their respective sender is now necessary.

THE GAUGES/SENDER SUBJECT TO THIS RECALL ARE MODEL NO’S.: GAUGES #: Auto Meter Product Numbers
Jackson Racing Product Numbers
971-165
Electric 0-100psi Short Sweep (90deg.) Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge & Sending Unit Model year 2001-2002

REPLACEMENT
SENDER #:

If you have purchased this fuel pressure gauge and installed it in your vehicle, we recommend that you REMOVE THE SENDER AND GAUGE AND STOP USING THEM IMMEDIATELY.

The Auto Meter Engineers are working diligently to resolve all performance questions regarding these gauges with the intent to provide replacement technology in the near future. Until that time we ask all customers to allow Auto Meter to continue to provide the finest quality high performance instrument in spite of an occasional circumstance such as this.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT:

Customer Service
413 W. Elm St.
Tel. # (815) 895-8141
Sycamore, IL 60178

Richcat861

Reaction score
i also found this on a camaro forum

For all those with Autometer fuel gauges***RECALL NOTICE***
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
"SHORT-SWEEP" FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE AND SENDER

Auto Meter Products, Inc. of Sycamore, Illinois is issuing a product recall for the automotive gauge/instrument commonly known as the "Electronic Short Sweep Fuel Pressure Gauge" (See Model Numbers Below). Auto Meter Products, Inc. has determined a pattern of failure resulting from an sender unit defect in these gauges. In keeping with Auto Meter’s long standing Product Warranty program, a recall of all electronic "short-sweep" fuel pressure gauges and their respective sender is now necessary.

THE GAUGES/SENDER SUBJECT TO THIS RECALL ARE MODEL NO’S.: GAUGES #: Auto Meter Product Numbers
Jackson Racing Product Numbers
971-165
Electric 0-100psi Short Sweep (90deg.) Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge & Sending Unit Model year 2001-2002

REPLACEMENT
SENDER #:

If you have purchased this fuel pressure gauge and installed it in your vehicle, we recommend that you REMOVE THE SENDER AND GAUGE AND STOP USING THEM IMMEDIATELY.

The Auto Meter Engineers are working diligently to resolve all performance questions regarding these gauges with the intent to provide replacement technology in the near future. Until that time we ask all customers to allow Auto Meter to continue to provide the finest quality high performance instrument in spite of an occasional circumstance such as this.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT:

Customer Service
413 W. Elm St.
Tel. # (815) 895-8141
Sycamore, IL 60178
Well looks like I fall into the recall category kinda funny how when I spoke to autometer tech earlier and explained my situation said nothing about being recalled,something so easy always has to be a pain in the ass lol.

jones performance

Reaction score
Well looks like I fall into the recall category kinda funny how when I spoke to autometer tech earlier and explained my situation said nothing about being recalled,something so easy always has to be a pain in the ass lol.
post i copied that from was back in 2011