WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Audi is making some killer cars these days

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
This is the A3 Clubsport Concept. Sounds like it will likely become the new RS3. Beautiful small sport sedan that sounds ridiculous. 525hp 5 cylinder...wow! Check out the air brake.

[video=youtube;Z8vSLV1UrPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vSLV1UrPM[/video]

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Sweet ride for sure. That air brake is kinda cool

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wife test drove an s5 convertible the other day, fast as shit, mama wants one.

koenig

Reaction score
Brother has an A8 he bought about two years ago. He looked at a lot of sports cars first, Nissan GT-R, a used Lamborghini Gallardo, even a Ferrari Testarossa to a Corvette. But he is really big and doesn't fit in sports cars. Even sedans he has trouble getting comfortable. Audi was the only thing that fit right.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
My girl just test drove the Q5 suv. She's thinking of trading in her 3 series Beemer.

fishing fool

Reaction score
The wife has a S5 and loves it. It's hard to keep it under 80mph. Going to the river at 120mph (from railroad tracks to railroad tracks) is nice. Raced a 4 door Porsche on the way to Vegas and that was fun.
Yes I did get a ticket going to the river doing 80 mph+. Thus was after I was doing 120mph. And the car handles like a dream.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I want an rs7 in a bad way!

most people have no idea what that is....

Guy down the way is selling his mclaren spyder and picked up a crazt flat slate gray (special edition) rs7. When you see the performance specs on that 4 door car it blows your mind and would make most vet and viper owners cry...lol

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
most people have no idea what that is....

Guy down the way is selling his mclaren spyder and picked up a crazt flat slate gray (special edition) rs7. When you see the performance specs on that 4 door car it blows your mind and would make most vet and viper owners cry...lol

Yea those things are brutal. Flat slate gray RS7 should look sharp. Dark tinted wheels and trim?

There are already a few European tuner shops doing ECU and bolt on upgrades taking them from a "conservative" 560hp to 700hp. That makes for a big, comfortable executive rocket that is flirtling with a 3 second zero to sixty. Insane. Maybe I can pop for a low mileage lease return in a couple (6) years haha

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Yea those things are brutal. Flat slate gray RS7 should look sharp. Dark tinted wheels and trim?

There are already a few European tuner shops doing ECU and bolt on upgrades taking them from a "conservative" 560hp to 700hp. That makes for a big, comfortable executive rocket that is flirtling with a 3 second zero to sixty. Insane. Maybe I can pop for a low mileage lease return in a couple (6) years haha

looks just like this...i think he said it was 140K?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 16

Aaron

Reaction score
I have had 2 a4 S line and 1 s4 all quttro and all malual trans and by far the most fun car and bang for your buck in a sports sedan. IMO they are good for about 100,000 miles. After that your on your own and when they break it gets expensive. The dealer wanted $3400 for a clutch I needed changed.
That RS7 is a beast!

Struv

Reaction score
Careful w these cars boys. They can suck up your money so fast you'll think owning a boat was cheep!

Singleton

Reaction score
Great cars, but with any car only good until the extended warranty and maintenance programs expires. Wife has a 2005 A4 cab 3.0 with 89k on it, that my kids drive now. It will be traded in this fall on something the kids can drive when home from college in the summer.

I always said if the repairs equal more then 6 months of car payments it needs to go. Our Audi the last two year costed about 2k to keep running (maintenance and repairs).

My next daily driver is going to be the Audi A6 TDI with the sports package. Audi lot has a CPO 2014 on the lot I want, and it will be my bonus when I start working again.

srttruck

Reaction score
Recently picked up a 14 q7 prestige sline for the wife. So far so good, drives, handles, acelerates , brakes and rides pretty damn nice for a SUV.:thumbup:

image.jpg

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
looks just like this...i think he said it was 140K?

Beautiful car. I am a BMW guy and we have 2 in our household now but the last couple years I find myself really liking what Audi is doing.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
After that your on your own and when they break it gets expensive. The dealer wanted $3400 for a clutch I needed changed.
That RS7 is a beast!

I did a 06 M5 (V10, smg trans) clutch, and it was right at 4k. Parts are expensive, special tools required, computer programming required afterwards...

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Do you guys buy or lease these? Boats seem cheaper.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Audis has always made bitchin cars.

I love the German driving experience.
I loath the German ownership experience.

STTRUCK - Q7 is a great SUV..... wait till you see how fast the brakes wear out and what a factory brake job costs - you get the line BMW gives you "that the rotors and pads wear as one" and must be replaced as one. (better not have a 3rd party do it while under warranty)

One of my employees bought one for his wife a few years ago, before she hit 60K he had sunk 10K into brakes.

One out of warranty is like a hole in your savings account.

UD

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

STTRUCK - Q7 is a great SUV..... wait till you see how fast the brakes wear out and what a factory brake job costs - you get the line BMW gives you "that the rotors and pads wear as one" and must be replaced as one. (better not have a 3rd party do it while under warranty)

One of my employees bought one for his wife a few years ago, before she hit 60K he had sunk 10K into brakes.

UD

Ouch.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

UD

IMHO whatever you do, stay away from the optional carbon ceramic brakes on any if the newest performance cars. Unless you take it to a track...

You're looking at very pricey brake jobs if the rotors get damaged.

Audi does make a great looking car, and their performance variants are bad ass.

Audi also can be great with leases. They (as well as Lexus, BMW and MB) love to keep you in the fold, and will often roll you into a new car 6 months before your term is up, with no/little out of pocket. It's no uncommon for slight excess mileage and chicken-shit "damage" to be waived when they roll you into another lease. And sometimes they'll roll you into a more expensive model for a similar monthly payment, again little/no out of pocket.

srttruck

Reaction score

UD

I hear that, most of her grocery getters have been performance rigs. Brakes don't last long, about 18-20k is an average for us. We never own anything half way decent out of warranty, risky in my opinion. No matter what the brand service and repairs add up quick. :thumbup:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Q7, put new brakes on last year, $1,500 at indy shop. Best SUV I've owned, had a Denali before and the Audi corners and stops, wherein the Denali wallowed and slowed.
Not cheap to maintain, but I bought it a year old with 20,000 miles, got the CPO deal with it and it was right at $20K less than a new one.