WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Locksmiths or Locksmith experience on here?

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
I pulled a bonehead and lost a ring of keys with my tool box keys on it. My spares, wound up in the actual tool box itself and now I can't access my shit.

My question is, are locksmiths able to duplicate a round key like a traditional key? Or is this a lost cause and just drill them out?

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!!! :smackbum: :D

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
What kind of box is it Lue? You can order replacement keys on line for some manufacturers, if you can't wait which is a good possibility since it sounds like it's for work, drill it out and order a new lock set.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of box is it Lue? You can order replacement keys on line for some manufacturers, if you can't wait which is a good possibility since it sounds like it's for work, drill it out and order a new lock set.

It's my Machinist set up Barry. Roll away, riser and chest. 3 different keys. THe deal is that I replaced the locks to the round key ones and they don't show a "key number". I had hoped that would be my saving grace, but no go.

I'm also a little concerened that I may damage the actual locking mechanism behind the locks themselves.

I messed up BIG TIME with this one. EVERYTHING is locked up in this set up since I caught my sons fooling around with my tools a couple months back. My other roll away set up is pretty much empty. I will probably have to buy some tools to get to my tools. :fsakes

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
It's my Machinist set up Barry. Roll away, riser and chest. 3 different keys. THe deal is that I replaced the locks to the round key ones and they don't show a "key number". I had hoped that would be my saving grace, but no go.

I'm also a little concerened that I may damage the actual locking mechanism behind the locks themselves.

I messed up BIG TIME with this one. EVERYTHING is locked up in this set up since I caught my sons fooling around with my tools a couple months back. My other roll away set up is pretty much empty. I will probably have to buy some tools to get to my tools. :fsakes

Bummer man. Drill it and throw some hasps with padlocks on it, get three that are keyed a like, one key is all you'll need... :thumbsup

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Bummer man. Drill it and throw some hasps with padlocks on it, get three that are keyed a like, one key is all you'll need... :thumbsup

Definitely going to be keyed alike once I get thru this. :thumbsup

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Go on you tube and watch some lock pick videos, make up a set of picks and crack it open. I bet you can do the whole deal in under an hour.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Go on you tube and watch some lock pick videos, make up a set of picks and crack it open. I bet you can do the whole deal in under an hour.

something tells me he might be able to do it in less time:D

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
EVERYTHING is locked up in this set up since I caught my sons fooling around with my tools a couple months back. My other roll away set up is pretty much empty. I will probably have to buy some tools to get to my tools. :fsakes

So you locked it all up to keep your kids out of it, & you end up locking yourself out of it? :rolleyes: :p

To quote MC Gusto, "Who's the bitch now?".... :skull lol :D

snake321

Irish Republican
Reaction score
Call a locksmith,pay the service call and learn the lesson. Sometimes locks don't like to be drilled out, you know the drill,,smoke,broken bits stuck in the hole.
I have a lock pick gun with the instruction book and I've NEVER been able to get it to work for me.
I also have a master key set that never worked.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Is this another dream episode, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Just get your red rider bb gun out of your GT Mach One rifle holster and shoot the locks out :D.

C-2

Reaction score
What are you talking about when you describe a "round key"?

Like this?

t-836-676.jpeg

I know a thing or two about locks.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Call a locksmith,pay the service call and learn the lesson. Sometimes locks don't like to be drilled out, you know the drill,,smoke,broken bits stuck in the hole.

This is exactly why Skank can't get 2nd dates.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-ziLc1ZUr_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ziLc1ZUr_Y[/video]

yep I would pay the service call fee. those would be a bitch to drill out. Tube locks. They came from the vending machine industry for a reason....

C-2

Reaction score
Ace/Tubular locks are tough to pick even with the specialized tools shown on the YouTube videos, they still have 7 pins in them.

Drilling them out is not easy either.

I checked some of my lockie garb for a hack/or quick fix - no dice.

I don't have a tube lock pick tool(s); otherwise I would do it for you.

You're gonna have to call a locksmith, one that can pick a tubular/Ace lock.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I lost my keys to my kennedy rollaway once.. I broke into it in less then an hour, but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it.. I'm going to go out in the back and look at it right now.

I'm assuming it's a big kennedy roll away?

RD

500bbc

Reaction score
Take any and all old keys or keys that your friends have that are similar in size to the lock. Odds are one wiil work those little locks are not high quality.

I have a box full of old keys you can come over and borrow.:p

My neighbors glove box key for his cart at the river fits my carts ignition perfectly.:D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I pulled a bonehead and lost a ring of keys with my tool box keys on it. My spares, wound up in the actual tool box itself and now I can't access my shit.

My question is, are locksmiths able to duplicate a round key like a traditional key? Or is this a lost cause and just drill them out?

:D

screaming pete

Reaction score
cylinder locks are not the safest, i had a couple of disk locks for the harley that were recalled because you can put the plastic bic pen, the old skool one in them and tap tap tap and twist. you can also use copper tube the same size, your basicly making the key by using soft material

Yellowboat

Reaction score
drill it in steps... if you break a bit, just take a grinder and grind the head off.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Ace/Tubular locks are tough to pick even with the specialized tools shown on the YouTube videos, they still have 7 pins in them.

Drilling them out is not easy either.

I checked some of my lockie garb for a hack/or quick fix - no dice.

I don't have a tube lock pick tool(s); otherwise I would do it for you.

You're gonna have to call a locksmith, one that can pick a tubular/Ace lock.

Thanks C2. Much appreciated. :thumbsup

I lost my keys to my kennedy rollaway once.. I broke into it in less then an hour, but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it.. I'm going to go out in the back and look at it right now.

I'm assuming it's a big kennedy roll away?

RD

It's not the long one. I have a 375 Roll Away, 5150 Riser and 52611 chest. All different keys.

I also have about the same size crafstman box set up that has all been put into the Kennedy due to my sons getting into the tools. As you can see, I need to get this shit done sooner than later.....

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
drill it in steps... if you break a bit, just take a grinder and grind the head off.

I'd apply a center drill to the center part, and follow thru with a new sharp cobalt drill. My major concern is damaging the sheet metal or locking assemblies behind the locks themselves.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
cylinder locks are not the safest, i had a couple of disk locks for the harley that were recalled because you can put the plastic bic pen, the old skool one in them and tap tap tap and twist. you can also use copper tube the same size, your basicly making the key by using soft material

They're the safest offered by Kennedy. The cheesy locks that come with the tool boxes usually get picked really easy. I used to work at a place where 2nd shift had a "borrowing problem" so I replaced my locks with these. :(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lue your a machinist.. It's a stupid lock.

Is the thread even necesarry? LOL

RD

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
They're the safest offered by Kennedy. The cheesy locks that come with the tool boxes usually get picked really easy. I used to work at a place where 2nd shift had a "borrowing problem" so I replaced my locks with these. :(

The borrowing isn't the problem it's the returning that's the problem... :rolleyes:

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
The borrowing isn't the problem it's the returning that's the problem... :rolleyes:

Dude, these guys would open your shit and just take things. We'd come in and find tool boxes open all the time. Tool cabinets, storage cabinets. Shitty deal all the way around. Couple peeps lost their jobs over it too.

C-2

Reaction score
You might spend some time over at www.lockpicking101.com , search it out before you drill. They're a bunch of weenies over there if you ask any questions. :drunk

stanleywills012

Reaction score
Tempe Locksmith always delivers a comforting piece of mind in any security situation. We offer around the 24/7 car lockout services, house lockout services, re-keys, lock repairs and replacements, safes, access control systems and much more. Our*Automotive*technicians have years of experience making all types of automotive keys including motorcycle keys, car keys,*transponder keys, high security keys, and*laser cut keys.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
LOL... 2 years later a newbie rolls in with help for services as a 1st post. :D I don't remember this thread back then. Just wondering why Lue couldn't just use his beaner skills and pick the damn lock. I know that boy knows how to hot wire. :skull Bet if it was a fridge, he'd be able to get in. LMAO!!! :D Hey Lue......... shoulda pretended there was some carne and cerveza in that toolbox!!! :drnkfr:D