WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Site #6 Fail

pavski2

Reaction score
Pull into Site #6 last night and there is alot of activity at the ramp ( not unusual) with a couple of people swimming around. Get a little closer and see that it's this truck under water. The guy tried launching a Jet Ski out of the back and got alittle deep. When we pulled up a guy was trying to pull him out with a strap attached to his boat trailer, not a chance! All that did was wedge the front bumper against the drop off at the end of the ramp. Next came the tow truck with no luck either, when we left they were waiting for some lift bags to show up to float the front up enough to pull it out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339680962.935330.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339680292.157042.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339680292.157042.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,845

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
That does not look like a good time at all.
Bummer.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
That will put a damper on your day.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Wow that sucks.

Sent from my Commodore 64.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
They need a coin-operated winch mounted on the ramp.
$50 and it'll run for 20 minutes and cable out 200 ft.

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Pull into Site #6 last night and there is alot of activity at the ramp ( not unusual) with a couple of people swimming around. Get a little closer and see that it's this truck under water. The guy tried launching a Jet Ski out of the back and got alittle deep. When we pulled up a guy was trying to pull him out with a strap attached to his boat trailer, not a chance! All that did was wedge the front bumper against the drop off at the end of the ramp. Next came the tow truck with no luck either, when we left they were waiting for some lift bags to show up to float the front up enough to pull it out.
View attachment 202329

that actually happened to me twice already... first time, i had a 2 wheel drive blazer...the top loader kicked out of gear when i was backing the boat off by my self...
next time a friend was backing my 51 chevy pickup down the ramp and the brake line broke....

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Sorry about your truck Byron :eek:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That ramp is a wee bit slippery.

when i was at elsinore, lanching the new force, by my self,i get out of the mh.. the guy at the check in comes running down the ramp hollering....get back in the motor home, we've had more than one slide down into the water..guess with no one to hold the brakes the rear wheels start sliding and you're done....park only works on the rear wheels

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
i never have understood the "lets go to site 6 and laugh at people that can't back a trailer"...

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Sucks... "Hello, Geico, can I have your claims dept?"

FreeBird236

Reaction score
They need to powerwash the ramp every few weeks, really slick. Although could be pilot error.

Blubyu

Reaction score
I've used this ramp before... Not my first choice of ramps there.

It's slick but manageable. I see it all the time you get these people pulling their watercraft out and it's like they just stand on the throttle instant wheel spin, and once they start to spin the feel they need to throttle it even more and backwards they start to go. Just this past weekend at Saguaro guy in an f-250 v-10 2wd he couldn't get his boat out of the water he would just spin spin. I jumped in just light on the trottle and easy came right out.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I nearly averted this at the Newport Dunes ramp some 15 years ago. Parking pawl in the auto trans broke as we went for the water, holding onto the steering wheel, laying on my back, trying to boot the brake. Tossed it in park and jumped out as the thing broke with me 1/2 out of the cab.

My truck was lowered big time which actually saved my life and allowed me to hold on. If it were lifted I would have been run over and possibly dead.

Now I don't drive anything 1/2 in or 1/2 out however you look at it and I always set the parking brake. Something I will never forget.

And the people laughing was super bitchen.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Sucks for sure, I hope he was alone at the time because there would be NO excuse to get that far into the water with 2 able bodies that could lift the ski out.

tkrrox

Reaction score
how far down it the drop off???
i'm sure that has to be the most helpless feeling...as you are slowly sliding backwards...that sucks...

Faceaz

Reaction score
when i was at elsinore, lanching the new force, by my self,i get out of the mh.. the guy at the check in comes running down the ramp hollering....get back in the motor home, we've had more than one slide down into the water..guess with no one to hold the brakes the rear wheels start sliding and you're done....park only works on the rear wheels

When I use the parking brake, I also put in 4wd. Figure the parking brakes apply to the front wheels through the driveline. Obviously doesn't apply to your moho :D

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
They need a coin-operated winch mounted on the ramp.
$50 and it'll run for 20 minutes and cable out 200 ft.

Sorry for the hi-jack but holy shit TPC, that sig gif is gnarly :eek:

dread Pirate

Reaction score
That sucks.:thumbsdown

Antilock breaks wont help out in this situation either. Start sliding backwards and I don't care how hard you push on the brakes, you wont stop. When in snow of slippery stuff, like maybe this ramp, unplug one of the wheel sensors so it shuts down the antilock system.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
i never have understood the "lets go to site 6 and laugh at people that can't back a trailer"...

Its funny cause 75% of them are drunk and wearin their retard hats. The other 25% are legit oh shit moments like equipment failure. I had a guy a few years ago land his boat on my trailer. Everyone was yellin "wrorg trailer!" My wife was waitin at the hook and she was directing him away from our trailer. He yells out "lady, ur at the wrong rig what are u drunk?" Im 2ft behind him and "no dumbass ur on my trailer and the 100 people on the sidelines were telling u the same thing" he glared at me and passed out in his boat as we were all watchin. It was then we had 20 people in the water pushin his boat off my trailer on to his and then they pulled me up onto mine. It was pure comedy. :D

V.O.R.F

STAY OFF THE ROVER
Reaction score
This is why i dont go to public launch ramps.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Its funny cause 75% of them are drunk and wearin their retard hats. The other 25% are legit oh shit moments like equipment failure. I had a guy a few years ago land his boat on my trailer. Everyone was yellin "wrorg trailer!" My wife was waitin at the hook and she was directing him away from our trailer. He yells out "lady, ur at the wrong rig what are u drunk?" Im 2ft behind him and "no dumbass ur on my trailer and the 100 people on the sidelines were telling u the same thing" he glared at me and passed out in his boat as we were all watchin. It was then we had 20 people in the water pushin his boat off my trailer on to his and then they pulled me up onto mine. It was pure comedy. :D

If it was a nicer boat than mine, I'd just go along with it and take off. :D

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I am just going to ask what everyone else is thinking......is the sea doo ok??:D

That sucks though for sure!! It is my biggest fear when launching

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
He's a jetskier, so once the truck is out he'll just flip it upside down, pull the plugs and crank the starter for a bit.....its all good:p
it is a helpless feeling when things slide when you don't expect tho, sucks.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Wow, we launched at site 6 everyday last week except that day. I did notice that a few feet into the water it got slicker then sh*t. I hate to see that stuff happen to anyone. We happen to see a guy run over a yellow spray can with his all white truck... what a mess, the can must have been full. Got it on the passenger side with the window down, even got it on the inside.

Last edited:

awks1

Reaction score
He's a jetskier, so once the truck is out he'll just flip it upside down, pull the plugs and crank the starter for a bit.....

remind what way do you need to turn the truck over?!?!is it counter clock wise? lol

the truck looks deep in the drink, probably needed the ski just to run the strap from the ramp out to the truck :p

and site six is a mess... while waiting in line to bring the boat out of the water, some drunk ass hit my buddies trailer twice! jason my buddy decked him good the second time around :D

V.O.R.F

STAY OFF THE ROVER
Reaction score
dude is probably extra upset that he got his weed wet.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
If the trucks still running maybe it will circle back to him!!! :D

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Site 6, pure comedy.:D

[video=youtube;66YSjRGKaII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66YSjRGKaII&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66YSjRGKaII&feature=related[/video]

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Good stuff Pokey. I even saw Big Doug running out and helping everyone.:D

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
If the trucks still running maybe it will circle back to him!!! :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

I wonder how many of the youngin's around here are asking their dads 'what does he mean by that??' :cool:

sent from a van at the waters edge.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
So many great places and launching along the river, why people subject themselves to site 6 and Katherines is beyond my reasoning.