WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Adonia Yachts

Waterheater

Reaction score
Just thought I would post some boating content. This is Adonia Yachts, they are manufactured here is St. George and most of the house boats end up out at Powell. The owner is part of Antelope Point Marina. So they have there own dock out there, because there boats are so big they won't fit in the regular slips. Pretty crazy what they are doing with these house boats now. I always drive by there shop to see with they have going on. This is there newest one that have finished and is out to Powell. It's 3 levels. The first 2 are full enclosed and the third is open. It's 105 X 24. They transport them out in pieces and assemble them at the marina. These boats are huge and I can't imagine what it takes to get them out there. Here are a couple of pictures I pulled off their facebook page.

Kitchen with open atrium to second level.

Adonia 1.jpg
adonia 2.jpg
adonia 3.jpg
Adonia 4.jpg
adonia 9.jpg

Second floor looking down

adonia 5.jpg

One of the bathrooms

adonia 6.jpg

Master Suite with it's own private balcony.

adonia 7.jpg

Third floor with BBQ station and fire pit.

adonia 8.jpg
adonia 10.jpg

I can't even imagine what the price tag on this thing would be. But I sure would like to spend a week on it.

getreal

Reaction score
Nicer than any vacation place you (and I) can afford.

RodnJen

Reaction score
That would be really fun.:thumbsup

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
That is an incredible houseboat.

This video is from their website and is pretty cool but leave it to a "lake lice" idiot to do something stupid.:) 2:40 of the video.

[video=youtube_https;XOpawWXQmt8]https://youtu.be/XOpawWXQmt8[/video]

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Unlike any houseboat I've ever been on, that's for sure.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Can I beach it in the channel?

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Beautiful boats for sure! Met them at the Phx boat show a few years ago when they just had a plastic model on display. Awesome to see what they have accomplished in a short period. Checked out a couple of their builds at the Powell poker run this summer and the ideas they've implemented are over the top! I'm partial to the Bravada's built locally here in Phx and have had the pleasure of touring their facility a couple times but wow, those Adonia's are unique. Fortunately both are slightly out of my price range, one less decision to stress about lol ;)

-Zack

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I thought there was a sub 100' length regulation on Powell.

prosthogod

Reaction score
I know them personally, and can tell you those boats are awesome. They have thought of everything. Because they are tied into Antelope marina, they can build whatever size slip they need to put them in. Most of those never leave the marina.

Waterheater

Reaction score
I thought there was a sub 100' length regulation on Powell.
Not any more. I think these guy's pushed pretty hard to get that removed. I know a couple of guys trying to be the biggest. There is one at Wahweap that they pulled out of the water and are cutting it in half. Their adding 20 feet to it now there is no length limit.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not any more. I think these guy's pushed pretty hard to get that removed. I know a couple of guys trying to be the biggest. There is one at Wahweap that they pulled out of the water and are cutting it in half. Their adding 20 feet to it now there is no length limit.
Jesus! Almost need a captains license to operate that sum bitch. Lol!

Waterheater

Reaction score
Beautiful boats for sure! Met them at the Phx boat show a few years ago when they just had a plastic model on display. Awesome to see what they have accomplished in a short period. Checked out a couple of their builds at the Powell poker run this summer and the ideas they've implemented are over the top! I'm partial to the Bravada's built locally here in Phx and have had the pleasure of touring their facility a couple times but wow, those Adonia's are unique. Fortunately both are slightly out of my price range, one less decision to stress about lol ;)

-Zack
This is the other partner that was in Bravada.

l84theriv

Reaction score
Doesn't the owner of Swift Trucking own that Houseboat or one like it? Badass for sure.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
WHO can spin one of those around in the Havasu channel on 4th of July weekend, without killing thousands ? HA HA

Enen

Reaction score
I thought Powell had a 75" limit.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Roxie says we can keep the houseboat if I upgrade to this :yikes

This is a whole other level for sure!

Reactions: mjc

Backlash

Reaction score
Nice and something I could never afford but I think the styling of the exterior leaves something to be desired. Reminds me of an old Ford panel van. :D

Enen

Reaction score
It's for sure not 75. Ours is 74 and there are plenty that dwarf it.

They dwarf it in length, or height and width?
I know a 4 story. 24x75. Will make a 2 story 16x75 look tiny.

There was a length restriction on Powell houseboats for years. Willing to bet money on it.

There's been chatter about getting the length limit removed for years. Not sure if that's happened. What marina do you keep your boat at?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It's for sure not 75. Ours is 74 and there are plenty that dwarf it.

There was a length restriction on Powell houseboats for years. Willing to bet money on it.

There's been chatter about getting the length limit removed for years. Not sure if that's happened. What marina do you keep your boat at?
This was answered in post #12

prosthogod

Reaction score
Doesn't the owner of Swift Trucking own that Houseboat or one like it? Badass for sure.

I think he is somehow tied to it. Swift trucking(Jerry Moise(sp)), owns swift air which flys into page and he owns Antelope marina.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Wow. Very impressive. If Mead ever gets some decent water, I could see the big Vegas money all over these boats.

Why Not

Reaction score
There was a long standing length limit on Powell, 75'. That was lifted about 2 years ago if memory setves. Captains license required on these larger houseboats, anything over 100' I'm told. My boat is at Antelope, I've seen the NPS checking the length on boats in the 25'x75' slips twice over the years. Our boat is 75'x22' triple deck, haven't had it out of the marina in 7 years. Lol

Why Not

Reaction score
Jerry's boat is called Big Dog. It's a full basement, 3 deck Skipperliner. Different kind of boat, steel hull yacht. That boat was put on the water around 1990 and is still gorgeous. It is on the channel, left hand side as you enter the slips.

Waterheater

Reaction score
Jerry's boat is called Big Dog. It's a full basement, 3 deck Skipperliner. Different kind of boat, steel hull yacht. That boat was put on the water around 1990 and is still gorgeous. It is on the channel, left hand side as you enter the slips.
We meet him last year at the Poker Run. Great guy.

Why Not

Reaction score
He is. I love what he has done with Antelope Point. I also live in St George, love the fact that I am on the water in 2.5 hours. Lots of long weekend for us over there.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I drive by the houseboat place often. It's pretty amazing to watch them build those things.

McKay

Reaction score

Both, mine is in Bullfrog, Most around there top out around the 75' mark. I boat down to antelope often and they have plenty of long wide boats docked.