WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Adios Amigo!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
One of my guys (Henry) got deported yesterday. Before I hired him he had a dispute with a prior employer. Henry thought it would be a smart idea to take his bosses paint sprayer and hold it "hostage" to exhange for his last check. The boss simply called the police and said Henry stole it.

After a few years of legal wrangling, Henry spent two weeks in jail...about 4 months later, and more legal wrangling, a couple of ICE men came and picked Henry up...this was yesterday morning.

He is now in Tijuana. He hasn't been to Mexico since he was two years old. He doesn't speak spanish too well, and he is as American as anybody I know. I don't think he has any family down there either. Here in San Diego he has a wife and a son.... He has some friends in TJ, and I have a few other employees who live there he can stay with.

Sucks for Henry.......and his family. It doesn't look like he will be back anytime soon. The family will probably have to move down there.

Migra is really cracking down on any immigrants who have convictions. I don't have an issue with it, kick the criminals out.....but it kinda sucks when the hammer falls on a decent guy.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
One of my guys (Henry) got deported yesterday. Before I hired him he had a dispute with a prior employer. Henry thought it would be a smart idea to take his bosses paint sprayer and hold it "hostage" to exhange for his last check. The boss simply called the police and said Henry stole it.

After a few years of legal wrangling, Henry spent two weeks in jail...about 4 months later, and more legal wrangling, a couple of ICE men came and picked Henry up...this was yesterday morning.

He is now in Tijuana. He hasn't been to Mexico since he was two years old. He doesn't speak spanish too well, and he is as American as anybody I know. I don't think he has any family down there either. Here in San Diego he has a wife and a son.... He has some friends in TJ, and I have a few other employees who live there he can stay with.

Sucks for Henry.......and his family. It doesn't look like he will be back anytime soon. The family will probably have to move down there.

Migra is really cracking down on any immigrants who have convictions. I don't have an issue with it, kick the criminals out.....but it kinda sucks when the hammer falls on a decent guy.

Hostage situations don't usually turn out so well.:eek:

sergeantmike

Reaction score
I did some contract deportation work with ICE when I lived in Texas, flying illegals back home in 727 and 737's... ICE scoops and swooops. You are on your way home... no questions asked. Took a gal back to Honduras that was working in a Dentists Office. Her parents never did the paperwork to make her legal. She knew no one there and did not speak any spanish.

Spoke with the Honduran immigration folks who are actually prepared for this kind of thing. They did what they could for her.

Simple answer... if you show up illegal, fix your shit. If you show up illegal and get away with it, fix your shit so your kids don't get hosed.

Felt bad about dropping this gal off in a Country she never knew.... but momma and daddy dropped the ball on getting her legal and never said a word to her.

Flynryan

Reaction score
He'll probably be back before you know it.

77charger

Reaction score
When i first started working in construction we use to do alot of tract work.There were a couple times when immigration would do their job,come into tract and do a sweep.They had the bus outside that they filled quite well.You would see these guys scatter very fast some would even crawl into the ventilation ducting but they all got caught.

Kinda hope they would clean up and take the ones who feed off our system by doing this again.Some have really ruined some good trades.Instead of paying a smugler thousands of dollars to get into the country maybe they ought to put that into getting the proper paperwork instead of using fake papers and someone elses name.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
My guess is Henry will be back to work by Monday with a hell of a hangover. Had some friends make a trip down to baja last week they had a nice time:thumbsup

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Hes probably on I-5 now, on his way back...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I too think he will be back over the weekend. Glad to hear they are really going after these convicts.

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
My youngest sons father in law flys the con air dealio with the exported illegals. They took a load to south america awhile back and when coming through the terminal to pick up a few gifts for family, there was a chick they just unloaded buyin a one way to New York. They made a call

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
He will be back on your door step looking for his old job back by next week, but he won't be Henry, he will be Paco or Jesus, or Miguel.

69 1/2

Reaction score

Is it easy for them to beat the e-verify system the feds set up? Are you in trouble for employing him?

Scott E

Reaction score
If they are here illegally they are criminals, regardless of what country they came here from.

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
My youngest sons father in law flys the con air dealio with the exported illegals. They took a load to south america awhile back and when coming through the terminal to pick up a few gifts for family, there was a chick they just unloaded buyin a one way to New York. They made a call

LMAO!

Bye, Henry!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Yep, any kind of record and off you go. They are ramping this up big time. Henry sounds like a stand up tax paying individual. Situation sucks for him. You could sponsor him if you want the headache. He really needs to be worth it though.

We just fixed a sponsorship for my lead guy. Here legally 20+ years ago working for a materials quarry who laid him off when a Church bought the property. He had a green card that would eventually expire. He was already sponsored by them so we would just switch the paperwork...according to the attorney. Easy.

Well that was not easy at all. I had to keep him on past his Visa's ex. date to demonstrate he had a job so he could stay. After 2 years of waving the "Fine me $10k" flag, were done.

I did all this because he is worth it. Works everyday, never sick, no BS, no crying, and does impeccable work.

Plus because of the bull shit he's gone through he keeps me purged of illegals based on the $1000's he's spent (not me, him) on attorney's fees. Some of the phony shit is so good they even check out when called in. But after a few weeks Ruben will find out and then they are gone.

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
Well shit fella's... Old Mandy employed the sum bitch... What happens to the employer? No jobs, no border jumping :rolleyes:

(FYI... that's sarcasm)

Let's load him up and ship Mandy back to his ancestral home land!!!:D

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Sounds like he was here log enough to get his paperwork and citizenship straightened out. To bad so sad...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Sounds like he was here log enough to get his paperwork and citizenship straightened out. To bad so sad...

It's mind bogling how long it takes to secure legal immagration.

One guy I work with worked to get his step kids over here. Average time between the first application and a green card was 15 years for adult children.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't get that he was here illegally out of the story, I think what he is saying is the guy was here legally but once convicted of a crime you will lose your green card?? Is that the deal??

catman-do

Winter sux, lets golf!
Reaction score
For those that are shtting on the guy for having an illegal working for him, ICE cases typically are not CBP cases. ICE deals with people who are here LEGALLY, but doing ILLEGAL acts (hence the guy stealing a paint sprayer).

randyjet

Reaction score
Been here since he was 2 yet didn't apply for citizenship why. Its not something I will shed a tear over first you don't take property for monies owed there is a TORT for this "Conversion" its illegal and can be construed as an act of theft. He should have done the citizen applications years ago and got a social security card and paid taxes like all of us do. I shed no tear for thieves nor lazy people that don't pay their way. California has a lot of financial issues because of people like this and I fault you for Hiring him that is illegal and a way to not pay taxes as well. I have owned several businesses and would be quite rich now if I didn't pay taxes seems this is the attitude thats destroying our country.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I really hope you aren't employing an illegal.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
If you hold a green card and commit a crime you are subject to deportation.

The trend of paying for a space in jail is shifting to see-ya.

Cdog

Reaction score
If they are here illegally they are criminals, regardless of what country they came here from.

This. OP you should be embarrassed of this thread since you knew of him being illegal. You are the problem. :thumbsdown

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
This. OP you should be embarrassed of this thread since you knew of him being illegal. You are the problem. :thumbsdown

I don't believe the op claimed he was here illegally. I believe ice came and picked him up because he was here on a green card and was convicted of a crime.

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score

Never did Mandy say he was illegal. Just that he was here since he was 2 and got deported. Many many legal residents don't have citizenship.

Cdog

Reaction score
I don't believe the op claimed he was here illegally. I believe ice came and picked him up because he was here on a green card and was convicted of a crime.

Lot of holes in the post. Mandy knows quite a bit about him, his history and how long he's been here. I find it hard to believe he didn't know if he was illegal or over stayed on a visa but it doesn't really matter now that it's fixed.

Decent guy's don't take other's equipment regardless of the situation.

Ice should investigate every employer where they've found instances like this. Perhaps there's more opportunity to clean house.

Cdog

Reaction score
Never did Mandy say he was illegal. Just that he was here since he was 2 and got deported. Many many legal residents don't have citizenship.

So he was illegal....What part of that doesn't make sense? How can you be a legal resident without some sort of citizenship/ work visa ect.?

Read between the lines. They don't kick people out of the country who are legally here.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Lot of holes in the post. Mandy knows quite a bit about him, his history and how long he's been here. I find it hard to believe he didn't know if he was illegal or over stayed on a visa but it doesn't really matter now that it's fixed.

Decent guy's don't take other's equipment regardless of the situation.

Ice should investigate every employer where they've found instances like this. Perhaps there's more opportunity to clean house.

I never made a reference as to the decency of the person deported, merely made a statement in rebuttal to your post that the op was to blame because he knew he was illegal. I dont believe he ever said he was illegal, only that he was deported because he had committed a crime.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
So he was illegal....What part of that doesn't make sense? How can you be a legal resident without some sort of citizenship/ work visa ect.?

Read between the lines. They don't kick people out of the country who are legally here.

They do when they are here legally on a visa or green card, then commit a crime.........

Cdog

Reaction score
I never made a reference as to the decency of the person deported, merely made a statement in rebuttal to your post that the op was to blame because he knew he was illegal. I dont believe he ever said he was illegal, only that he was deported because he had committed a crime.

You're right. He never came out and stated he was illegal.

I find it odd that he didn't know, perhaps he didn't want to know. So if he never had citizenship and the border hoppers parents never did his paperwork to become a citizen why did this person not not take it upon himself to apply since he was an adult? Would that not make him a illegal? If I sneak into Mexico and stay for 20 years does that make me a legal resident?

Did he have a work visa? Did he have a SS ID?

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score

Dude, learn something.

Here is an example. My wife is a Canadian here legally with a perm green card. If she commits a crime, that green card can be revoked and she can be deported. Its that simple.

Cdog

Reaction score
Dude, learn something.

Here is an example. My wife is a Canadian here legally with a perm green card. If she commits a crime, that green card can be revoked and she can be deported. Its that simple.

I'll have to take your word for it. Either way the trash was taken out.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
You're right. He never came out and stated he was illegal.

I find it odd that he didn't know, perhaps he didn't want to know. So if he never had citizenship and the border hoppers parents never did his paperwork to become a citizen why did this person not not take it upon himself to apply since he was an adult? Would that not make him a illegal? If I sneak into Mexico and stay for 20 years does that make me a legal resident?

Did he have a work visa? Did he have a SS ID?

If you read the last sentence of the op's post it said they are cracking down on immigrants with convictions. He was in jail for a while then let out. If he was an illegal he would have been deported immediately after completing his sentence. He broke the law and now paid the price on that level I agree, I just don't think its fair to throw the op under the bus for hiring an illegal when it wasn't the case.

JBS

Reaction score
I'll have to take your word for it. Either way the trash was taken out.

Why is this guy trash?

Would it be OK if he was a citizen and committed a misdemeanor?

Must be nice living in your perfect world:rolleyes:

Cdog

Reaction score
Why is this guy trash?

Would it be OK if he was a citizen and committed a misdemeanor?

Must be nice living in your perfect world:rolleyes:

WTF!!!???? Reading is fundamental. He stole equipment from his ex employer. Good guy's do that all the time right?

JBS

Reaction score
WTF!!!???? Reading is fundamental. He stole equipment from his ex employer. Good guy's do that all the time right?

It appears he stole in order to pressure his employer to pay. Maybe not a great tactic but one he used.

Is he any worse than the guy convicted of a DUI or any other misdemeanor?

How about people who don't pay their bills or fines?

What it really comes down to is you think he is a piece of shit because he is Mexican. Just be honest.:grumble:

Cdog

Reaction score
If you read the last sentence of the op's post it said they are cracking down on immigrants with convictions. He was in jail for a while then let out. If he was an illegal he would have been deported immediately after completing his sentence. He broke the law and now paid the price on that level I agree, I just don't think its fair to throw the op under the bus for hiring an illegal when it wasn't the case.

Maybe I've made some assumptions here but it seems as though there is a lot more to the story. I've read that some county's and city's will catch and release regardless of legal citizenship because they say they're not going to do the feds job.

If he was to be deported after serving his time why was he not deported right then? Is there always a delay in the round up?

Perhaps when Mandy sees this he will confirm if papers existed.

Cdog

Reaction score
It appears he stole in order to pressure his employer to pay. Maybe not a great tactic but one he used.

Is he any worse than the guy convicted of a DUI or any other misdemeanor?

How about people who don't pay their bills or fines?

What it really comes down to is you think he is a piece of shit because he is Mexican. Just be honest.:grumble:

A tactic commonly used by an illegal who won't use the legal system for fear of being deported.

Thieves are pieces of shit. Illegal alien thieves are even worse. Just think he would have been at home with his wife and kid if wouldn't have been a shit bird.

You're a race baiter. Just be honest.:grumble:

Nice attempt. Run out of facts, inject emotion. Wife is first generation American from Chilean father.

Last edited:

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe I've made some assumptions here but it seems as though there is a lot more to the story. I've read that some county's and city's will catch and release regardless of legal citizenship because they say they're not going to do the feds job.

If he was to be deported after serving his time why was he not deported right then? Is there always a delay in the round up?

Perhaps when Mandy sees this he will confirm if papers existed.

I imagine, and this is clearly speculation, that it took a while for the report of his crime to go from a local level to the federal level. When Ice found out he violated the terms of his visa they pulled it and deported him. As they should have for being a criminal and for violating his visa terms. But I also agree with what you said about local level enforcement letting them co knowing full well they are illegal. I have seen it first hand when my home was burglarized by some illegal shit bags.....