WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

90 days a ago I made a BIG change

ltbaney1

Reaction score
like the title says, roughly 90 days a go on 2/25/24 I made a big life change. I left my employer of just 45 days short of 10 years to start over. I was the second person he had hired and the 2 of worked out of a 1,000 s/ft warehouse selling machine shop cutting tools. grew it to over 20 employees and 15,000s/ft warehouse. He had been nothing but good to me but i was getting bored and had pretty much topped out money wise. just before christmas i was working my side gig at the rose bowl and my boss their, who is also a family friend, came to me and said "so&so with that company just asked me if i would be ok if he made you a job offer". he told him as long as its a good one. Well he made a real strong initial offer, more money than was making working 2 jobs, more time off and a lot of freedom. I thought about it and countered with a bigger number and some other requests, to be honest i was looking for a reason to say NO. i was comfortable where i was at, and im not a huge fan of change. He agreed to my number and other requests. I was honestly shocked. thought about it for few days and told him YES. so 2/16/2024 i worked my first event as a site manager for a independent contractor the forum in Inglewood. the company runs all the parking operations at the forum, rose bowl and more. a lot of my crew just back from working Coachella and stagecoach.

in the beginning it was ROUGH, i was used to working a 8-5 and being out the door at 630 am and walking back through it at 630 pm after a commute and having saturday and sunday off. with my new schedule, I am home almost every morning and get to take my kids to school, and alot of days pick them up. Be present at sports practice and just do random stuff with them during the week. the trade off is, days i do work its anywhere from 10-15 hour days.

Im looking forward to more midweek river trips and I am still getting used to not having to work every day. its been hard in a good way for me to make a big change. my wife said i was complete asshole for about 2 weeks after the move but has noticed im happier now than i was 6 months ago, and i agree with her.

Im not sure and dont think anyone noticed, but thats why i have been pretty much a lurker here for the past 90'ish days. but its news im excited to share and looking forward what the future brings.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Change is always having its difficulties. I think that we get locked up in the daily routine and don't even think about it. But change is good it builds character and it pulls out different values in your life. Once you get comfortable and settle in with the change I think you're going to be just fine. I think that a lot of us get locked into the daily routine of things and feel like robots and numbers. I wish you nothing but the best!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
like the title says, roughly 90 days a go on 2/25/24 I made a big life change. I left my employer of just 45 days short of 10 years to start over. I was the second person he had hired and the 2 of worked out of a 1,000 s/ft warehouse selling machine shop cutting tools. grew it to over 20 employees and 15,000s/ft warehouse. He had been nothing but good to me but i was getting bored and had pretty much topped out money wise. just before christmas i was working my side gig at the rose bowl and my boss their, who is also a family friend, came to me and said "so&so with that company just asked me if i would be ok if he made you a job offer". he told him as long as its a good one. Well he made a real strong initial offer, more money than was making working 2 jobs, more time off and a lot of freedom. I thought about it and countered with a bigger number and some other requests, to be honest i was looking for a reason to say NO. i was comfortable where i was at, and im not a huge fan of change. He agreed to my number and other requests. I was honestly shocked. thought about it for few days and told him YES. so 2/16/2024 i worked my first event as a site manager for a independent contractor the forum in Inglewood. the company runs all the parking operations at the forum, rose bowl and more. a lot of my crew just back from working Coachella and stagecoach.

in the beginning it was ROUGH, i was used to working a 8-5 and being out the door at 630 am and walking back through it at 630 pm after a commute and having saturday and sunday off. with my new schedule, I am home almost every morning and get to take my kids to school, and alot of days pick them up. Be present at sports practice and just do random stuff with them during the week. the trade off is, days i do work its anywhere from 10-15 hour days.

Im looking forward to more midweek river trips and I am still getting used to not having to work every day. its been hard in a good way for me to make a big change. my wife said i was complete asshole for about 2 weeks after the move but has noticed im happier now than i was 6 months ago, and i agree with her.

Im not sure and dont think anyone noticed, but thats why i have been pretty much a lurker here for the past 90'ish days. but its news im excited to share and looking forward what the future brings.
Change is good at times....sounds like yours was done with care and concern for your former boss and he of you. Thats a win win for everybody. Well done

77charger

Reaction score
Good to enjoy more time.right now I have a flexible sch. I work every other week or atleast try too. Sometimes 1.5 week short 3-4 days off and back at it.

But I’ve been doing it the last 3.5 years and just been use to it. Plus I can stay at my moms while I work then go home have a full week off and get to hit places j wouldn’t bother on the weekends. If kids were younger I would t do it like this though.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to hear the positive direction. I hope that it works out in the long run.
Good for you mang!
We'll be parking at the Rose Bowl on Saturday.
As will we. Near the clubhouse if you are around that area. Look for the White Yukon with AZ plates. LOL

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
congrats on the change. explains why I don’t see you on my way to work anymore. 😂😂

boatpi

Reaction score
Congrats, excelling in life beyond what you are normally in your comfort zone is can be rewarding. GO FOR IT!!!