WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

27 People Arrested, Nearly 15 Tons of Marijuana Seized in Perris Drug Bust

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Which inmate?

https://ktla.com/2019/07/18/27-peop...wcXjhoP_FVvD7HMolgOjBmarXSDbnqUoOzgcXQg05DldI

Authorities said they arrested 27 people and confiscated 14.9 tons of marijuana on Thursday in an investigation into alleged illegal grow operations in Perris.

A honey oil lab as well as 37 guns were also discovered after 48 search warrants were served in the investigation, according to a mid-afternoon tweet from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Drove past this on my way to work this morning,there was a shit load of cops on site. It's not like they've been trying to hide the grow. Bunch of green houses and right on a main street. Been able to smell the bud for a couple months when passing the location

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
The part of the bust I saw was on Lakeview Ave in Nuevo.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
There are signs for dispensaries up and down the 215 in Perris. Maybe they thought it was legal.....[emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Almost as many as on the 10 thru the Palm Springs area. Get off at Harley Knox ,there's 5 or 6 in about a square block area. The city of Perris is promoting itself as cannabis business friendly

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
There are signs for dispensaries up and down the 215 in Perris. Maybe they thought it was legal.....
emoji2369.png
emoji2369.png

T
There are signs for dispensaries up and down the 215 in Perris. Maybe they thought it was legal.....[emoji2369][emoji2369]

Those are the only ones open. We had a crap load in temecula that got closed down . Riverside county keeps changing the laws .

TCHB

Reaction score
How many tons of illegal drugs do you think Riverside County consumes in a day? Then Orange County.

Andy B.

Reaction score
So they hand out needles and have safe place and growing marijuana is illegal?? Yes I know because they don't have a state license but ohh the irony..............The homeless can shoot up heroin in the streets but growing pot bad!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
So they hand out needles and have safe place and growing marijuana is illegal?? Yes I know because they don't have a state license but ohh the irony..............The homeless can shoot up heroin in the streets but growing pot bad!!
Right?!!! You can't make this shit up.

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
HMMM,
Family member has a Legal grow company out by Warner Springs, they just bought a bunch of property in Perris to move their operation. All above board and legit..
Guess you gotta pay your taxes to keep the doors open..

TCHB

Reaction score
A large amount the heroin addicts were addicted to pain meds and now what do we do all of them. Not a good situation.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I dont think they're done yet. Headed out to go to town and there's groups of cops everywhere. Normally you rarely see cops out here

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im pretty disappointed at the state of the world when i drive down the 10.
I dunno, i just cant seem to be "ok' with all these new weed businesses all over. It has just made marijuana so accepted now.
Im still not cool with it.
Im sure people will disagree.
The next generation of young adults are all ready lazy enough.
Now they can you the 'its legal" bullshit to try and convince everyone its ok.
Am i the minority in thinking this way?

gqchris

Reaction score
Im pretty disappointed at the state of the world when i drive down the 10.
I dunno, i just cant seem to be "ok' with all these new weed businesses all over. It has just made marijuana so accepted now.
Im still not cool with it.
Im sure people will disagree.
The next generation of young adults are all ready lazy enough.
Now they can you the 'its legal" bullshit to try and convince everyone its ok.
Am i the minority in thinking this way?

I'm kinda with you on that as well. I don't want my kids thinking its OK and just a past time for recreation. To me, its a lifestyle. My stoner friends have all turned out to nothing in life and just haters in general.

But the other half of me is truly fucking jealous that I'm missing the cash fall on this! If I could only go back in time.........

Anyone else see that large grow house on the corner of Needles Highway and the 40? Tons of A/c, water tanks. Fully secured, cameras, water tanks. Looks like big bucks.

traquer

Reaction score
By the way. Im ok with peopke smoking it.
The glorification is where im not cool with it.

I agree, it's like booze.. Has a time and place, but you can't do it all day everyday like some people I know are doing.

pixrthis

Reaction score
As long as democrats continue to run the state, which is likely to be a very long time, I predict it getting worse. I wish some Democrats would look around and wake the fuck up.

Justfishing

Reaction score
Todays pot is not cheech and chongs pot. It is much stronger and doesnt seem to be regulated. I think the health implications of the new pot is not known. It is like the difference between sucking on coca leaves and cocaine.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I'm kinda with you on that as well. I don't want my kids thinking its OK and just a past time for recreation.

like alcohol? How is it different?

Just wondering people's thoughts, not picking a fight

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
After a year long moratorium and "study period" the city of San Bernardino has allowed a very few to reopen. To date, only one has that I know of. It is huge inside, probably 100 feet of counter space plus a huge bar area where you can eat drink and smoke like any other sports bar. You are paying state excise tax of 15%, AND state sales tax of 8%, plus a city tax of 6%.
This is on top of prices that are double or more of street prices. More than $50 for 3.5 grams is kinda crazy. But everything is in fancy tamper proof containers with psuedo documentation of strength and purity LOL.
The line of people waiting to buy rivals Disneyland. Not unheard of to wait 45 minutes or more. But you can order online for easier pickup. :eek:

gqchris

Reaction score
like alcohol? How is it different?

Just wondering people's thoughts, not picking a fight

Totally get what youre saying and I am all for folks who partake. No problem. I guess I just associate it with friends that have fallen into its lifestyle and never got out.

Me and my buddy were in Laughlin this week and we were talking when we passed that big Nevada Dispensary. Think how many people did jail time for something that is now legal?Just crazy. Probably this is what prople were saying back when Prohibition was lifted.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
HMMM,
Family member has a Legal grow company out by Warner Springs, they just bought a bunch of property in Perris to move their operation. All above board and legit..
Guess you gotta pay your taxes to keep the doors open..

Amazing how many people think that just because it’s “legal” it means you can convert a bedroom into a grow room and start a business. I have been on countless quotes where people want to do just that. Most of them are stoners that have no clue on the budgets required to condition these operations.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
That was at least a day's supply for the OC.
not even close. they claim all that weight but it was wet with stems, trunks, branches leaves still attached lol I would have said seeds too but I don't think they even have those anymore.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I guess it's all where you put your grow. Coachella invited Mike Tyson with open arms. I have a friend who is an electrician on the build . It's going to be huge.

rrrr

Reaction score
A large amount the heroin addicts were addicted to pain meds and now what do we do all of them. Not a good situation.

I don't believe that. The practice by politicians and and the media of associating legal pain med use with overdoses and heroin is devastating the lives of chronic pain victims that seek legal treatment.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
I don't believe that. The practice by politicians and and the media of associating legal pain med use with overdoses and heroin is devastating the lives of chronic pain victims that seek legal treatment.
https://www.verywellmind.com/ten-most-addictive-pain-killers-22506

rrrr

Reaction score

Your link disproves your assertion that "a large amount of the heroin addicts were addicted to pain meds". From your link:

As of 2018, the NIDA estimates that between 8 percent and 12 percent of patients in the U.S. who are prescribed opioids develop a use disorder.

Of those patients that develop a use disorder, 4 percent to 6 percent eventually turn to heroin...

Read that carefully.

The article says 8-12% of those prescribed opioid pain medicine develop a use disorder. A subgroup of 4-6% of that 8-12% become addicted to heroin.

Put another way, out of 1,000 patients given prescription opioids, 80 to 120 of them develop addiction issues. Of those 80 to 120 affected, somewhere between 3 and 5 of them turn to heroin.

That's why your comment that "A large amount of the heroin addicts were addicted to pain meds" is wildly inaccurate. Your incorrect perception is exactly the sort of misconceptions that abound in the discussion about opioid misuse, and I take exception to those beliefs because they affect me directly.

At my last visit to my pain doctor, whom I never see, the nurse practitioner informed me my fentanyl dose was being cut 25%. There was no conversation, no assessment of my issues. She said "that's what the doctor wants, and he runs his practice how he runs his practice". That's not treatment, it's BS.

I have two failed knee replacements, a torn rotator cuff that I fear having surgery to fix, a recently replaced hip which hasn't healed properly, systemic inflammatory arthritis, and a condition called chondrocalcinosis, which has deposited significant calcium growths in all of my joints and produces nonstop pain.

I'm posting this from bed, because yesterday I moved and then replaced all of the furniture and other stuff from a bedroom so it could be recarpeted. The day before that, I pressure washed the pool deck, patio, and furniture.

My wife has company arriving tomorrow for a one week stay, and I wanted things to look nice for her. Today the pain is so bad, I just gave up and got back in bed. I'm only 62, have worked hard my entire life, and now the only way I can do things which everyone else would consider routine is by taking pain meds.

Because of the "opioid crisis", the amount of meds I've been prescribed has decreased 75% in the last two years. Other people I know with chronic pain issues are being similarly affected.

So when I see inaccuracies about legal pain medications, I speak up. I'm not intending to single you out or criticize you unfairly. I just want people to know the coin has another side.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Your link disproves your assertion that "a large amount of the heroin addicts were addicted to pain meds". From your link:

As of 2018, the NIDA estimates that between 8 percent and 12 percent of patients in the U.S. who are prescribed opioids develop a use disorder.

Of those patients that develop a use disorder, 4 percent to 6 percent eventually turn to heroin...

Read that carefully.

The article says 8-12% of those prescribed opioid pain medicine develop a use disorder. A subgroup of 4-6% of that 8-12% become addicted to heroin.

Put another way, out of 1,000 patients given prescription opioids, 80 to 120 of them develop addiction issues. Of those 80 to 120 affected, somewhere between 3 and 5 of them turn to heroin.

That's why your comment that "A large amount of the heroin addicts were addicted to pain meds" is wildly inaccurate. Your incorrect perception is exactly the sort of misconceptions that abound in the discussion about opioid misuse, and I take exception to those beliefs because they affect me directly.

At my last visit to my pain doctor, whom I never see, the nurse practitioner informed me my fentanyl dose was being cut 25%. There was no conversation, no assessment of my issues. She said "that's what the doctor wants, and he runs his practice how he runs his practice". That's not treatment, it's BS.

I have two failed knee replacements, a torn rotator cuff that I fear having surgery to fix, a recently replaced hip which hasn't healed properly, systemic inflammatory arthritis, and a condition called chondrocalcinosis, which has deposited significant calcium growths in all of my joints and produces nonstop pain.

I'm posting this from bed, because yesterday I moved and then replaced all of the furniture and other stuff from a bedroom so it could be recarpeted. The day before that, I pressure washed the pool deck, patio, and furniture.

My wife has company arriving tomorrow for a one week stay, and I wanted things to look nice for her. Today the pain is so bad, I just gave up and got back in bed. I'm only 62, have worked hard my entire life, and now the only way I can do things which everyone else would consider routine is by taking pain meds.

Because of the "opioid crisis", the amount of meds I've been prescribed has decreased 75% in the last two years. Other people I know with chronic pain issues are being similarly affected.

So when I see inaccuracies about legal pain medications, I speak up. I'm not intending to single you out or criticize you unfairly. I just want people to know the coin has another side.
This all started when Hospitals had to treat for pain to get paid. My wife was deeply involved in this and never supported the pain program because she felt the drugs were more trouble then the actual patient surgery. All hospitals had to have a program in place to lower the pain scale of a patient. Well 20 plus years later and we have a big problem.
https://www.jointcommission.org/joint_commission_statement_on_pain_management/

rrrr

Reaction score
I know what you're talking about. During that period there were copies of the 1-10 pain scale posted in every room, and underneath they pretty much said "You deserve to be pain free. If you need more pain medication, ask your nurse.

I could get 4 mg of IV Dilaudid every four hours if I wanted it. That much was a real clock stopper.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
A couple years ago, took my wife to the ER with a migraine in the middle of the night.

She was barfing/dry heaving, couldn’t open her eyes due to light, couldn’t handle any sounds/noise and in a lot of pain.

The first person we saw was an addiction counselor, warning us of the dangers of abusing pain meds.

It was all I could do to keep from throwing her out on her ass while my wife was clearly suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro