WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2016 Desert Storm

jack14r

Reaction score
I have decided to try to make it to the 2016 event and bring my boat and 2 or 3 other guys,we would arrive on Wednesday and depart on Sunday.I need to decide where to stay,Hotel or rent a house,we want to experence everything that we can on this short trip and make it as convient as possible,we will have a dually as the tow vehicle for local transportation,I need advice on what to do and what to not do.

TexasJet

Reaction score
Just to clarify, your talking about next year 2016 not this April 2015 right? More that a year in advance.

TCHB

Reaction score
Stay at the Nautical or Heat Hotel if you can!! May be booked up already.

TCHB

Reaction score
There are other hotels in town but not as convenient to the event on the water.

Thursday is the street fair.

View the boats from the channel towards as they parade before the poker run on Friday morning. Once the power run starts they are all over the lake and then come back to the channel. Set up your beach chairs and enjoy the show.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
If you are bringing your boat (Hauling it from back east?) - are you planning on participating in event? Either or do you envision yourself leaving your boat in a slip or beaching overnight? Or pulling boat out of water daily on trailer (most of us do this).

jack14r

Reaction score
If you are bringing your boat (Hauling it from back east?) - are you planning on participating in event? Either or do you envision yourself leaving your boat in a slip or beaching overnight? Or pulling boat out of water daily on trailer (most of us do this).
We would tow boat to Havasu and participate in the event,I think that we would pull it out every day.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
We would tow boat to Havasu and participate in the event,I think that we would pull it out every day.

If you are willing to do it that way I would rent a house. Preferably one with storage for your boat. Comfortable accommodations for you and the guys.

TCHB

Reaction score
I did not know you had the boat.

You could rent a Condo on the north side of the channel. You would be right in the middle of the show and keep the boat right in front of you during the day.

jack14r

Reaction score
I got a reservation at the Heat Hotel and the Nautical books through Lake Racer for DS and you need to be a participant,so I will do that when the applications come out.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I've always wondered where guests park their boats and trailer at Heat. They have such a small parking lot. The dirt lot on the south side by Javalina? Then again, I can't recall ever seeing anything parked on that lot either.

jack14r

Reaction score
Mapquest shows 2190 miles and 33 hours 45 minutes

Andy01

Reaction score
If you are willing to do it that way I would rent a house. Preferably one with storage for your boat. Comfortable accommodations for you and the guys.

x2

If you come out on Wed and were staying at the Nautical you wouldn't get a spot on the beach and still need to pull your boat. Like SJP said, you would be best to grab a RV garage house. You can rent a nice house for those day for $1,000 or less. I'd say if you are making the drive to try and arrive Monday, get some lake time and time in town before it gets super busy.

Reactions: SJP

Andy01

Reaction score
Mapquest shows 2190 miles and 33 hours 45 minutes

Might get a quote on shipping the boat, your stay is short enough you might get a guy to stay and do the return. Shipping and air fare might be the same as gas and mileage on your truck. Break even without doing the drive yourself.

jack14r

Reaction score
Just to clarify, your talking about next year 2106 not this April 2015 right? More that a year in advance.

Yes,2016,I want to make sure we do it right and all of us must plan to be off work for 12 days.

Singleton

Reaction score
I thought I plan ahead, but over a year, my wife would kill me if I tried to plan that far ahead.