2005 22ft Nordic Blaze, Phoenix, Az. $32,000

txmxer1

Reaction score
Phoenix, Arizona

May deliver within reason
$32,000
2005 Nordic Blaze 22ft
370 Hours
Full Service: Bellows, gimbal ring, oil, plugs, impellers, etc with receipt on hand
Fresh interior: Carpet, Headliner, upholstery
Brand New Kokopelli Trailer

Needs: New stereo system, new steering wheel, one interior piece mounted, new depth gauge if you use one. I've lost interest and we have our eyes on another boat.

Clean title in Hand, just picked the boat up from my detailer and she is pretty
DSC02260.JPG
DSC02264.JPG
DSC02265.JPG
DSC02267.JPG
DSC02268.JPG
DSC02269.JPG

Last edited:

txmxer1

Reaction score
Bump, trying to make it work with a new boat we found locally, but have to sell this one first.

txmxer1

Reaction score
$39000, I want this boat Im looking at

txmxer1

Reaction score
Price drop to $37,000

Last edited:

txmxer1

Reaction score
Surprised there hasnt been much interest on this, any insight from you members? Price seems pretty on point from what Im seeing

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Surprised there hasnt been much interest on this, any insight from you members? Price seems pretty on point from what Im seeing
The only answer is if its sitting, the price is not on point for the market. Limited market for shorter closed bow boats. I think the tribal gel and fiberglass engine hatch squeeze your market even tighter. I also have a short closed bow boat I am going to list shortly and have been keeping an eye on the market. We definitely "missed the boat" of the sellers market we've all been living in for the past 3 or so years. GLWS.

hallett21

Reaction score
Not very many Blazes out there. More interior photos might help.

aftershock

Reaction score
I'd be interested but need to sell current boat first... few gauge bugs to workout then she'll be up for sale

Fastech382

Reaction score
The only answer is if its sitting, the price is not on point for the market. Limited market for shorter closed bow boats. I think the tribal gel and fiberglass engine hatch squeeze your market even tighter. I also have a short closed bow boat I am going to list shortly and have been keeping an eye on the market. We definitely "missed the boat" of the sellers market we've all been living in for the past 3 or so years. GLWS.

This.

I'm in the market for a 21-23ft v. But I just can't do the flames/tribal gel. Never understood why this caught on so hard in the 2000's. I always didn't like it, but with how many I see, apparently I'm the outlier.

It looks clean and taken care of. I'm sure the right buyer will come along.

txmxer1

Reaction score
Good insight guys. Ive been so damn busy with a new job and other stuff going on. I have some really nice reg numbers for it so dont mind that in the video

Attachments

• IMG_5874.MOV
    65 MB

txmxer

Reaction score
IMG_5800.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5799.jpeg
    IMG_5799.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I've been giving this one the eyeball, but as mentioned above the price seems high. How long is it with the tongue folded in all the way back to the end of the drive?

Not to be insulting and since you kind of asked a few posts above, here's my opinion if you care...Looking at the more recent pics and video there are a few things that make it seem like it's in rough shape and could be why it's sitting. You mentioned the steering wheel and the radio...wires hanging down under the dash doesn't present well. The edge molding on the dash looks like it's gone or at least needs some. The cup holders look like they are just open holes? The rub rail looks to be rough and needs to be cleaned up or maybe even replaced. That's what I can see and there could be more. Overall mostly small stuff, but it gives the appearance the boat has been "well used" and the owner has lost interest.

For nearly $40K, someone probably isn't going to want to deal with fixing those things. You might have a better chance of getting your price if you corrected them first. It's also getting to be a tough time of year and 370 hours is getting on the higher side.

That is a neat little boat though and it would be cool to have. We're probably too far apart on the dollars at the moment though.

txmxer1

Reaction score
I've been giving this one the eyeball, but as mentioned above the price seems high. How long is it with the tongue folded in all the way back to the end of the drive?

Not to be insulting and since you kind of asked a few posts above, here's my opinion if you care...Looking at the more recent pics and video there are a few things that make it seem like it's in rough shape and could be why it's sitting. You mentioned the steering wheel and the radio...wires hanging down under the dash doesn't present well. The edge molding on the dash looks like it's gone or at least needs some. The cup holders look like they are just open holes? The rub rail looks to be rough and needs to be cleaned up or maybe even replaced. That's what I can see and there could be more. Overall mostly small stuff, but it gives the appearance the boat has been "well used" and the owner has lost interest.

For nearly $40K, someone probably isn't going to want to deal with fixing those things. You might have a better chance of getting your price if you corrected them first. It's also getting to be a tough time of year and 370 hours is getting on the higher side.

That is a neat little boat though and it would be cool to have. We're probably too far apart on the dollars at the moment though.

I appreciate your insight for sure, and I can get you that measurement as soon as Im back in town. I'll address some of your feedback too:

The wiring is the radio/speaker wiring that was bundled up when the carpet was replaced, youre right that at first glance that doesnt look great.
I have new stainless cupholder inserts to pop in
Rub rail is in good shape but that staining is from the arizona sun, I need to experiment with some products to brighten it back up

Truth be told, I thought I'd button up the small things and have the new stereo wired up within a week of posting this, but between a new job and other life things I barely have the time to take the cover off the boat, let alone go to the lake.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Another item worth noting, Bimini. I see hardware for one, but dont see any pictures or mention of one. Also, the gel looks like it could use some good detailing on the tops of the gunwales. The chalkiness doesnt present too well for a 21 year old boat in this price range.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
And by the way, hats off to txmxer1 for taking our feedback to heart and not being a dick about it. A lot of people get all offended when they get some critics (even when they ask for input) and turn into assholes. That hasn't happened here and it's really good to see.

JFMFG

Reaction score
And by the way, hats off to txmxer1 for taking our feedback to heart and not being a dick about it. A lot of people get all offended when they get some critics (even when they ask for input) and turn into assholes. That hasn't happened here and it's really good to see.
I think he is gonna take the input and fix what he feels necessary to get top dollar. Best of luck with the sale

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Rub rail is in good shape but that staining is from the arizona sun, I need to experiment with some products to brighten it back up

I used acetone and a scotch brite pad on my rub rail, at the suggestion of the forum here. It made a big difference. Perfect, no, but 100% brighter and got rid of all of the spotting. It took me probably 3 or 4 hours to go around my entire rub rail twice with the acetone. It was worth the effort, although I still would have rather just paid for new and put in new, but the white inserts are not currently available on the market.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Dope boat, the gel isn’t super desirable as well there is a few similar gel in Havasu. Issue i see is that as cool as it is, it’s not practical. At that price and size the ability to haul around more people is always good. There’s been a few listed that are wtob and I’ve watched sell around 32k but those two also had the windshields on them as well which i personally think makes the lines flow better.

txmxer1

Reaction score
I think the gel pops way better in person and I just had my detail guy buff it all out. But I'll definitely take yalls feedback and try to finish up the little things, or make it worth someones while to button up those small things themselves.

That being said lets get the price to

$35,000 and see if we can get some traction going.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I think the gel pops way better in person and I just had my detail guy buff it all out. But I'll definitely take yalls feedback and try to finish up the little things, or make it worth someones while to button up those small things themselves.

That being said lets get the price to

$35,000 and see if we can get some traction going.
My boat got towed away for $26k today. 23’ closed bow Ultra….just a real life data point / reference.

txmxer1

Reaction score
Bump while I try to chip away at some of the small things

Lars_The_Swedish_Viking

Reaction score
The model is called the Nordic 21 Blaze. It's got 20-degrees at the transom instead of 18-degrees for most of the later Cyclone-based Nordic ski racing boats. This 21 Blaze is known as a very fast design. The most famous one was the one that Aaron Fluent ran to victory in the F1 class in the 2004 Catalina ski race. It had a Mercury HP500 EFI with a Vortech blower. The boat ran well into the triple digits and handled fantastically. This is a lot of boat for the money.
461836832_3764158717166898_4629916065574125028_n Nordic 21 Blaze Aaron Fluent.jpg

txmxer1

Reaction score
The model is called the Nordic 21 Blaze. It's got 20-degrees at the transom instead of 18-degrees for most of the later Cyclone-based Nordic ski racing boats. This 21 Blaze is known as a very fast design. The most famous one was the one that Aaron Fluent ran to victory in the F1 class in the 2004 Catalina ski race. It had a Mercury HP500 EFI with a Vortech blower. The boat ran well into the triple digits and handled fantastically. This is a lot of boat for the money.
View attachment 1440574

Thank you for the endorsement, its hard to find much info on this model so its awesome to hear some history!