WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1984 Eliminator Sport Cruiser Project

azhouseboater

Reaction score
$2800 located in Apache Junction, AZ (east of Phoenix)

I've taken on too many projects so if someone wants to finish this 1984 20' Eliminator Sport Cruiser you will have an awesome boat. I'm just too busy with my main job to get to it right now so willing to let it go to a better home which will get it back on the water sooner. I've had it for about 3 months and I'm still trying to decide what I want to put into it for the motor and drive between what I have.

The previous owner took great care of the boat and it looks amazing for it's age.

Included are:
1984 Eliminator 20' Sport Cruiser in great condition (registration in my name)
Mercruiser Aluminum Adapter Plate Mounted for Alpha or Bravo Drive ($1000 alone)
10 pin wiring harness for Mercruiser
Setup for through transom exhaust
Trim Tabs
Full cover
Bimini Top
Dual fuel tanks.

1983 Competitive Tandem Axle trailer. Trailer that has been completely repainted by an auto restoration shop, new bulldog hitch, new winch, new built-in winch tie downs in the back, new lights, new bunks. The trailer looks better than new with the matching paint. Bill of sale for trailer only.

The boat and the interior are in great condition for an Eliminator this age.

The previous owner removed the Volvo engine and drive and mounted the Mercruiser Adapter Plate to the transom to allow either an alpha or a bravo drive. This adapter plate is over $1000 alone. I traced all the wires to test run the motor in a donor boat with a Mercruiser and all the gauges worked in the Eliminator.

Not included with the sale but I also have a 260 HP 350 Mercruiser complete with 149 hours, a 454 rebuilt motor and most of the parts that has not been started, a complete Bravo 1 drive, and parts of an alpha drive if you are looking that I will give a deal on to whoever buys the boat.
Eliminator1_NoNumbers.jpg
Eliminator2.jpg
Eliminator3.jpg
Eliminator4_NoNumbers.jpg
Eliminator5.jpg
Eliminator6.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Wow, looks like a deal for the right person. GLWTS.

azhouseboater

Reaction score
$2500 this weekend only before I finish cleaning the garage and round up the rest of the parts and start putting this back together with either the 350 or 454.

Also if whoever buys it is interested in the parts I have been collecting it here's the prices for those to whoever buys the boat and trailer.

$1300 - 1984 350 Mercruiser (260 HP) with 143 hours. If I remember right cold compression was around 150-160. Video of it running when I pulled it from the boat. Power steering and basically ready to drop in. I would probably recommend replacing the circulating pump since I have the new molded hoses and such off since I would replace it all. Along with the rest of the hoses and belts. Complete Alpha Gen 1 1.5 ratio drive that was with the 350 Mercruiser. Will need new upper section since the top seal was bad or rebuild it. Mechanic said it would be cheaper to get a new SEI upper section than to have him rebuilt it. Lower unit pressure tests fine and shifted while on the old boat.

$4500 - 1991 Mercruiser 7.4 461 (454 bored 0.030) rebuilt motor and complete Bravo 1 1.5 ratio outdrive with power steering. The outdrive has been professionally repainted and looks brand new. Includes new trim hoses, gimble bearing, bellows, transom gasket, shift cable all ready to install. The motor I've rounded up 95% of the parts for a 1991 based Mercruiser 7.4. The carb for it is an automotive edelbrock so you would probably want to get a marine carb for it and you have to decide on water crossover or circulating pump. The motor is assembled but not all of the accessories are mounted on it yet but I should have almost all of the fasteners and such for to make it a drop in. Stock 7.4 exhaust, HP 500 oil and power steering cooler.
As for the motor build details here's what the seller said about it. I have some more detailed information for anyone who is really interested.
7.4 liter 454 bored 30 over to 461. Polished crank, high volume oil pump, clevite bearings, stock rods, forged flat top pistons, new rings, new valves, new seats, comp cams rv grind with springs, comp cams treated pushrods, torker intake, rebuilt edelbrock 750 cfm carb, all new gaskets and seals, Never fired zero hours.

1984ELIMINATOR7.4L

Reaction score
i own your old boat now. it has a 7.4L Mercruiser & a brove one drive. 14.5 x 17 p 4 blade prop 4'' thru haul exhaust. boat hauls ass. GPS speedo clocks 73 mph with 2 people onboard. I'm located in phoenix. unfortunately the gelcoat doesn't look as good as it did. the previous owner took it to a shop and it sat outside for two years waiting for engine and brovo to be installed. super disappointed about that. I remember how it looked before it sat outside for two years. all new interior as well. new seat configuration and engine hatch design.

I will post pictures soon

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
i own your old boat now. it has a 7.4L Mercruiser & a brove one drive. 14.5 x 17 p 4 blade prop 4'' thru haul exhaust. boat hauls ass. GPS speedo clocks 73 mph with 2 people onboard. I'm located in phoenix. unfortunately the gelcoat doesn't look as good as it did. the previous owner took it to a shop and it sat outside for two years waiting for engine and brovo to be installed. super disappointed about that. I remember how it looked before it sat outside for two years. all new interior as well. new seat configuration and engine hatch design.

I will post pictures soon
Not sure who you may think I am but I never owned that boat?