WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

….But It’s Dry Heat

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The temp in San Bernardino this afternoon.
63CE4353-E8B9-4B78-B5BD-2A8E58F61949.jpeg

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I want a picture of that thermometer when it pegs way past 120.

I'll leave for greener pastures before that ever happens!

I'm not sure that I trust the accuracy of that thermometer. I went Pirates and the temp. reading in the truck didn't change from the time I pulled out of the shade until I returned. It' appears to be accurate enough and it's down at the docks.

20230714_153224.jpg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My garage in Kingman. 10:30 ….at night! 🤮
IMG_2245.jpeg

Your ad here

Reaction score
San Bernardino isn't a dry heat. 111* has to be miserable there. Dry heat is Phoenix. Been over 110* all this week and not bad at all working outside.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
RIverside was humid yesterday and miserable. We shall see what today brings.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
San Bernardino isn't a dry heat. 111* has to be miserable there. Dry heat is Phoenix. Been over 110* all this week and not bad at all working outside.
It was not humid at all, not a cloud in the sky. As I opened the door from my construction trailer the heat hits you like a blast furnace. I've been trying to wear white shirts as they don't seem show the condensation from my body as much.

kurtis500

Reaction score
People who live in the dry heat and dont think its that bad also live with air conditioning at some point during the day, especially at night when the body needs rest. It would be fascinating to see Phoenix in September if the power to the city was turned off in May... I.E. no AC and no evap cooling.

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
Kids are too lazy to even go to the pool these days. We loved being outside back then. I guess all that outdoors just made us tougher, and we can handle it better than most.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
People who live in the dry heat and dont think its that bad also live with air conditioning at some point during the day, especially at night when the body needs rest. It would be fascinating to see Phoenix in September if the power to the city was turned off in May... I.E. no AC and no evap cooling.
If that happened I have a generator I can fire up and go into toy hauler. Getting some extra fuel out of boat is easy too. Or I can get evap cooler going in patio too.

77charger

Reaction score
I go back forth Phx to south oc. My mom likes to talk how great and cool it is with ocean breeze lol and how it must be too hot when I’m at home in Phx I tell her it’s not bad with low humidity you get a dry feeling etc but when it gets 90 at her house and humidity is up it’s miserable especially since she feels no need to run ac cause it uses too much power so her house gets warm inside and you get that stale sticky feeling. Then in morning she likes to shut all windows to keep the cool air inside but it’s damn muggy and stale.

I can’t wait to go home later today. 🤣

Your ad here

Reaction score
I go back forth Phx to south oc. My mom likes to talk how great and cool it is with ocean breeze lol and how it must be too hot when I’m at home in Phx I tell her it’s not bad with low humidity you get a dry feeling etc but when it gets 90 at her house and humidity is up it’s miserable especially since she feels no need to run ac cause it uses too much power so her house gets warm inside and you get that stale sticky feeling. Then in morning she likes to shut all windows to keep the cool air inside but it’s damn muggy and stale.

I can’t wait to go home later today. 🤣
I didn't realize how much California weather sucks until I moved then would come back to visit. 76* in California I'm sweating. 76* in Az I'm wearing a sweater. I was in Ca during Memorial weekend. Cold and overcast and never saw the sun the 3 days I was there.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I didn't realize how much California weather sucks until I moved then would come back to visit. 76* in California I'm sweating. 76* in Az I'm wearing a sweater. I was in Ca during Memorial weekend. Cold and overcast and never saw the sun the 3 days I was there.
In my best, Greta voice “how dare you”🤣

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I love a dry heat.😊
IMG_2458.png

All in all it doesn’t feel too bad in the garage compared to outside, maybe someday I can be a Baller like Dave, and have air conditioning in my garage instead of just a swamp cooler.🤣
IMG_2459.jpeg

CSmith

Reaction score
Don't mind my clock being an hour fast but this is Havasu according to my truck after running for a few hours coming from CA.

Attachments

• 20230715_165628.jpg
    20230715_165628.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 41

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
People in the south are laughing at us, heat index only hit 111° today🤣
IMG_2461.png

This guy must’ve had his thermometer mounted over his barbecue.🤣
IMG_2460.png

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It was 115 today in Cave Creek.... Stayed home other than going to Costco... I know better than to drive my truck when its this hot, RAM diesel's ac's are good but only to a certain point. My "man van" (2006 Mercury Monterey) will usually freeze you out....it was STRUGGLING today. My weather station in Havasu said it was 127 not long ago... Insane...glad we stayed home this weekend. I'm sure my AC bill is gonna be nuts lol

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
At 103 in San Bernardino my office A/C was struggling. The T-stat was set at 69 and when I left at 2:15 it was 82 in the trailer.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Was on Mead today water felt awesome!! Coming in got a little warm didn't even stop to cool off before loading boat.
I guess I'm just use to the heat been going since 98 I'm guessing it was around 118. In the other thread about what's your cut off I haven't had one yet but I'm in the water 80-90%of the time.😁

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Formerly Barrow, Alaska. Let’s see…. If I leave now….😀
IMG_2246.png

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
88 Today in West TN. But, 90% humidity. Unfortunately, I have some tree work I was suppose to do yesterday. We had the neighbors over for some pulled pork yesterday. Wife was suppose to get everything ready and all I was suppose to do is smoke the pork butt. Well she pulled a calf muscle playing pickleball, so I had to get things ready. Oh well, I will just sweat. Should only take a couple of hours.