WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My homemeade 11ft turbocharged jetboat

Trond

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum... I found this place when I googled my boat.
But I would say the right place to put the link is here as it's a jetboat.

Norwegian maddness...
Here you go:

[video=youtube;Yq0nK4mfJMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq0nK4mfJMM[/video]

[video=youtube;PrPDrN2JRY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPDrN2JRY4&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Trond!

There are quite a few mini boat owners on here. :). I am currently building two of them. :).

I have seen your boat before on another forum and all I can say is wow!! You should be very proud of it!

There is actually a miniboat race coming up in a few months, called a "mini enduro"

RD

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Cool boat Trond and welcome to RDP.

Hvor i Norge er du fra? Jeg tilbrakte mesteparten av min tid i Flekkefjord.
Takk for postering videoen.

Sk?l.

wash11

Off The Grid
Reaction score
That boat is badass!! Kinda makes you think twice about the outboard power on the Schiadas. Imagine keeping the clean lines of a River Cruiser with kick ass performance.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That boat is badass!! Kinda makes you think twice about the outboard power on the Schiadas. Imagine keeping the clean lines of a River Cruiser with kick ass performance.

That boat has quite a bit more freeboard then a 10 or even the 12 Schiada. The motor won't fit in the 12'er without cutting up the back of it something fierce..

RD

Trond

Reaction score
Cool boat Trond and welcome to RDP.

Hvor i Norge er du fra? Jeg tilbrakte mesteparten av min tid i Flekkefjord.
Takk for postering videoen.

Sk?l.

Hei du!!

Hyggelig ? treffe nordmenn her
Jeg er fra Kristiansand forresten...

Trond

Reaction score
That boat has quite a bit more freeboard then a 10 or even the 12 Schiada. The motor won't fit in the 12'er without cutting up the back of it something fierce..

RD

Well... the weight of the motor is only a little less than 200pounds and the pump is about 25pounds.

In this pic I have a full tank of gas (20gallons)
Two people in the boat only brings the bow down as the COG is very far back when the boat is empty
040620101505.jpg

Last edited:

Trond

Reaction score

There are quite a few mini boat owners on here. :). I am currently building two of them. :).

I have seen your boat before on another forum and all I can say is wow!! You should be very proud of it!

There is actually a miniboat race coming up in a few months, called a "mini enduro"

RD

Is there a place I can read more about the "mini enduro"?

What size and type of engines are planning on in your mini boats?

Trond

Reaction score
I will use this thread to post the progress of the testing going on this spring.
I'm trying to dig out 5-10mph more in topspeed :skull
Stay tuned

oldmxdog61u

1979 Tahiti 20ft 454bbc
Reaction score

RD

Building from scratch? What plans you using? I am thinking this might make a project for fun. I also saw a 1200 jet ski for sale cheap and after trond thrfeacdx got to thinking....hmmmm. maybe? Starts w va hull. Watcha using?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Some of the boats are built from scratch. Mine are both Schiada hulls.

rD

Trond

Reaction score
I made a mold from a normal dingy, and then made a cast which I then modefied to fit my needs. Just use whatever boat you want and insert the pump and engine from a jetski... simple as that :champagne:

Trond

Reaction score
Here's an update guys:

For those of you who haven't seen the latest movie yet, here you go: YouTube - Jetling 335 Danger Zone

The next upgrades is to mount the wideband lambda from www.innovatemotorsport.com and relocate the current mounting place.
The current location is too close to the water injection...
Link: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

Then I'm gonna focus on making an exhaust-muffler with custom homemade silent-choice system. The muffler will be mounted on the outside over the jetpump and the silent-choice will be activated by boost pressure so that when the boost excides 4-5psi, two 75mm TB's will open and freeflow.

I also have som bigger injectors and some performance parts for the jetpump to go on the next weeks. And I'm gonna change the impeller from 4-blade to a steeper 3-blade. I don't like the 4-blade... The 3-blade has more "grip".

This is somewhat what the muffler will look like:
eksospotte.jpg

Trond

Last edited: