WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The First Auto Ferry, Earp to Parker

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I beleive one of these two gentlemen is Mr. Joe Bush, he built Bush's Grand View Hotel, On California Ave in Parker back in the late 20's

river crossing 3.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did you guys do the color work on the photo?

I'm assuming the guy you think is Mr. Bush is the guy standing closest to the ropes?

Thanks for posting these pictures by the way! I love old stuff like this! :)

RD

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Did you guys do the color work on the photo?

I'm assuming the guy you think is Mr. Bush is the guy standing closest to the ropes?

RD

Yes, I did "colorize" this photo, after some restoration. Funny thing about these colored old photo's, people either love them or don't. The ones that don't just can not see them as being "old" photos:confused: I would guess the guy with the hat is Mr. Bush. There's a guy sitting in the car, looks to be reading a map maybe.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Great pic great work.

Her454

Reaction score

RD

Me too! I love old photo's and History. These are all pretty cool pics. :D

RD, did you ever see that thread on HB I started a few years ago about all the history under the lakes and around the rivers etc?

Pretty cool stuff if you are a history buff. Lots of the lakes up here in Nor Cal are over old towns with lots and lots of history if you look. Awsome in drought years when the water is so low you can see old foundations and such and you know what you are looking at.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Yes, I did "colorize" this photo, after some restoration. Funny thing about these colored old photo's, people either love them or don't. The ones that don't just can not see them as being "old" photos:confused: I would guess the guy with the hat is Mr. Bush. There's a guy sitting in the car, looks to be reading a map maybe.

I'm not big on coloring photos, thats not to say I dont like them, I just hate the task of colorizing them.