WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Old School BMX Fans?

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I'm putting together two bikes right now. GT Jr Performer pit bikes to be exact. Its a bitch finding parts! I can't find any mags or tires for the damn things! Anyhow here is a pic of one of them :) Mind you this is a little 16 incher:thumbsup Anyone know where I can get more parts???

Post your old school BMX bikes up!!!

Attachments

• pit bike.jpg
    pit bike.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 498

Dezracer

Reaction score
Here's mine- I've had it since new.

Nord ,
There's a vintage BMX get together in Arcadia next month ,Might be a good place to find parts . I'll get you the details if you'd like.

P1240386.jpg

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Here's mine- I've had it since new.

Nord ,
There's a vintage BMX get together in Arcadia next month ,Might be a good place to find parts . I'll get you the details if you'd like.

View attachment 107424

I heard about that! I'm going to try to make it. I have a Robinson I could take.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i used to race back in the days ... rode free agents. best bikes in my opinion.

the other night my neighbor was over and was telling me about this free agent limo he has in his backyard ... i went and checked it out and i think i'll be all over that. it wouldn't be that much work to fix up.

i also had a mongoose, GT, redline, and a haro:thumbsup

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I would post mine if people didn't STEAL SHIT!

I miss that bike, put alot of time and money into it, especially at a point when I didn't have any money.

Brian

Last edited:

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I miss my Mongoose. Best movie ever made was RAD

HOSS

aka jroos
Reaction score
I`d love to find an old school Mag scrambler. Miss that bike. Also had the redline, proline and microline frames.

Remember when atrobule (sp) was the next big thing?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
lmao my wife's favorite movie is RAD!! We found a dvd copy on EBAY!! It's actaully not that bad.

Faceaz

Reaction score
Still have my Cook Bros Racing bike hanging up in the garage, don't think it's been ridden in 20 yrs. Doesn't have the best rims or cranks on it, someday dress it up a bit.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Searched the internet 3-4 yrs ago and built this JMC Black Shadow...Bullseye Hubs, Bottom Bracket, Red Flight Single Pinch, Uni Seat, Araya 7C's, JMC Wizard plate, JMC Pads, Dia Comp MX brakes, ect, etc...It was a bitch finding it all cause most of it was new old school...stuff still came in original packaging..

Attachments

• DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

Flynryan

Reaction score
My son rides my 83' Patterson with uni seat, maxi cross cranks, tuff neck, araya rims, sun hubs, petes precision sprocket etc. Saw a similar bike on ebay for $1700. I use to race it at Orange bmx track and Irvine when it was there.

kahon

Reaction score
I use to have a DG racer,till they stole it.I have a brand new Power Lite frame still in the box.Thats my next build.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I use to have a DG racer,till they stole it.I have a brand new Power Lite frame still in the box.Thats my next build.

Both would be nice builds...Ol School powerlites were nice....DG, reminds me of Jeff Bottema...

Would like to build a Hutch Cruiser, all hutch stuff....would be an expensive search/build...

BrianB

Reaction score
I have a Dan Gurney mono-shock bike my Dad bought new in the 70's. It's built like a tank with orig cast mag wheels. Raced BMX around 75-76 at the santa ana Elks Club. Fok I'm Old :skull

mbrown2

Reaction score
I have a Dan Gurney mono-shock bike my Dad bought new in the 70's. It's built like a tank with orig cast mag wheels. Raced BMX around 75-76 at the santa ana Elks Club. Fok I'm Old :skull

Post a pic? those old Yamaha and Kawi Shock bikes are friggen rare...pretty sure I remember what the Dan Gurney looks like.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
bmx was fun. raced early 80's. mongoose, gt, diamondback, hutch. i wanted a robinson. be fun to build a 24" something or other. RRS was kinda cool too.

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
:p :skull :D My kidz Team Green!:D

wrighton

Reaction score
Nice Bikes. I bought my son a 16" redline last year and had some 20 inch rims/tires put on. He's 6 turing 7

River Pirate

Don't make me destroy you
Reaction score
I had an old skool Torker with Z Rims... OH MY... need to find some pics...

lawbreaker2

Reaction score
Help me out here for a sec. 1 don't they still make BMX bikes and 2 what the differents, I never raced, just rode But a buddy of mine has a few haro's and I don't realy get it.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Help me out here for a sec. 1 don't they still make BMX bikes and 2 what the differents, I never raced, just rode But a buddy of mine has a few haro's and I don't realy get it.

Its like cars...the old shit is better!

lawbreaker2

Reaction score
Ok I had a 78 Huffy Monoshock bike it was red and very cool looking when I was a kid, I know it's still in dads barn, may have to go and get it and bring her home and clean her up a bit, Been wanting to do that for a few years now only cuz it's the bike I had when growing up, and I also have a 71 huffy Chitter slick.:D

D

Deleted Account

Searched the internet 3-4 yrs ago and built this JMC Black Shadow...Bullseye Hubs, Bottom Bracket, Red Flight Single Pinch, Uni Seat, Araya 7C's, JMC Wizard plate, JMC Pads, Dia Comp MX brakes, ect, etc...It was a bitch finding it all cause most of it was new old school...stuff still came in original packaging..

LOL, if you put a Haro plate on that thing, I had one just like it. Played around and changed most of everything. Put the alum crank arms on, but they never stayed torqued and always started "clicking" when you were getting after it. Also got one of 40 redline alum frames, which I constantly broke down and polished. Crazy welds on that frame. Easy trash can bunny hop LOL.

I sold my ride to one of the girls at Adlee when I was 20. Her kid went crazy when she brought the bike over. I still have my old Specialized Stumpjumper with the Carbon atomic hubs and blah blah blah. I went riding with my 9 y.o twins today and was bunnying curbs etc. Some things never change.:D (except an extra 150 pounds or so LOL)

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Used to race my Mongoose at the Teen Center in Reseda in the late 70's.. Never should have sold it. What I would like to have is an original FMF BMX bike from around 79', red anodized... Saw one on ebay a while back..

mbrown2

Reaction score
LOL, if you put a Haro plate on that thing, I had one just like it.

Looking at the ol bikes are real nostalgic...raced most of the time from 7-13....started to get serious at 9 and that is when they bought my first real race bike a JMC Standard Short in 1978.....Jim Melton even put some sort of one-off teflon headset in it....years later it was stolen...found it and got it back but the headset was gone. Love to have them all back.

Last edited:

Cigalert

Banned
Reaction score
I miss the old days. And yes, my pants are tucked into my socks.

GT mach one in these days after I outgrew my Haro.

Attachments

• BMX track.jpg
    BMX track.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 250
  • BMX Pants.jpg
    BMX Pants.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 269

Revndave

Reaction score
My son races a Haro Team Edition 2010.He races 14 I.
LakePerriswin001.jpg

mbrown2

Reaction score
I miss the old days. And yes, my pants are tucked into my socks.

GT mach one in these days after I outgrew my Haro.

What area/field is that you are riding in? Rememeber we used to have a lot of those....they seem to be all gone due to building.

Brad @ SCJB

SoCalJetBoats.com
Reaction score
i have this frame sitting in my garage....GT pro freestyle tour.

any interest in it?

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 224

Brad @ SCJB

SoCalJetBoats.com
Reaction score
btw....i used to ride a lot of dirt in my days..grew up in apple valley and rode all the local spots in av, hesperia, and victimville .....as wel as twin palms, sheep hills, slater, etc....some spots in denver (the V) and a spot in greely, co too......mostly all during the 90s

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
^^ Thats the shit that started it right there. good times! so cool! :thumbsup

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I`d love to find an old school Mag scrambler. Miss that bike. Also had the redline, proline and microline frames.

Remember when atrobule (sp) was the next big thing?

I have my original mag scrambler that I got in 1978...all original. plan on restoring it one of these days.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

That is bad ass Brown. I had a Black Shadow. I pulled it all appart and was just getting ready to restore it and someone stole the frame and forks. I still have all the parts would just need to find another frame.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Had an Ashtabula (sp) back in the day. I think its still in my parents barn. Still like to go out and play once in a while :thumbsup

displayimage.php

Tank

Reaction score
I was into building 80's BMX bikes for a long time. Lots of money to be spent. Here's a few of mine... 1990 PK Ripper, 1985 19" Patterson, a 2005 24" Profile and a 2003 19" Redline. 1985 24" Hutch, 1986 20" Hutch and Frame/Forks 20" CW, 20" Race Inc., 20" Patterson, 20" Kuwahara(Shogun) .

Attachments

• IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1837.jpg
    IMG_1837.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 163
  • photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 169
  • photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 174
  • photo(14).jpg
    photo(14).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 170

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would post mine if people didn't STEAL SHIT!

I miss that bike, put alot of time and money into it, especially at a point when I didn't have any money.

Brian

You and me both.. I had a BITCHEN "CYC" combination bike (one of the lightest frames ever if memory serves), Tang Forks the whole 9 yds.. All original, not a scratch on it.

Someone offered me ridiculous (and I mean ridiculous) money awhile back for it.. went into the garage to get it, and it was gone.

I still have a bitchen mini mongoose.. I put a weed whacker motor on the back of it though to make it a motor bike. :D (It's all bolt on so it can be removed easily)

RD

mbrown2

Reaction score
That is bad ass Brown. I had a Black Shadow. I pulled it all appart and was just getting ready to restore it and someone stole the frame and forks. I still have all the parts would just need to find another frame.

There is JMC in Hermosa beach...would need to be blasted and powdercoated but it a legit frame and eliptical folks...will pm you a link...

mbrown2

Reaction score
Tank....that is a legit collection....put me in your Will and I will make sure they stay in impeccable condition in a temp controlled environment and don't end up on ebay :)

Very sick bikes and amazing detail on the restores!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I rode BMX when BMX was not even a genre. We made motorcycle handlebars fit our bikes. Bent/Broke rims on a weekly basis it seemed, and the frame was rewelded regularly.
We had small sponsorship(like free Tshirts n shit) from a local bike store. I rode wheelies for them occassionally.

Tank

Reaction score
Tank....that is a legit collection....put me in your Will and I will make sure they stay in impeccable condition in a temp controlled environment and don't end up on ebay :)

Very sick bikes and amazing detail on the restores!

Thanks bro....I don't think any compare to that JMC you have. That thing is sick!

I actually sold off a few of the bikes. They were hanging in the garage and since we live on the beach they were getting beat up. Figured I wasn't doing them justice. But the ones I sold went to good homes so I'm happy with it. Still have a few left;)

mbrown2

Reaction score
Thanks bro....I don't think any compare to that JMC you have. That thing is sick!

But the ones I sold went to good homes so I'm happy with it. Still have a few left;)

You still have the Hutch 24"?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Nope, sold it and the 24" Patterson to a guy up north.

Good...saves me from convincing the wife I need another 25yr old bmx bike that costs 3x what it costs new to hang up and look at. :)

Building a new school cruiser now....Intense Podium Pro Cruiser...should be cool...just collecting parts here and there I come across..

SuperDave013

Reaction score
Old skool BMX is cool to look at but old skool downhill is more fun to ride. :champagne:

got this baby dirty yesterday

Attachments

• brooklyn.jpg
    brooklyn.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 193